Corona Virus Now Spreading

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to get my new booster when I can find the time. I've gotten all Moderna so far, but has anyone heard anything about if either one is better or they're about the same?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I need to get my new booster when I can find the time. I've gotten all Moderna so far, but has anyone heard anything about if either one is better or they're about the same?
I think the best one is what's best for you, i.e. they both cover the same variants. DH and I got our vaccines this afternoon and since we've always had Pfizer that's what we got. :thumbsup:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The Boston Dept of Public Health issued a warning that the Covid Waste Water samples showed a dramatic increase in Covid.. It seems as if there are tons of people coming down with it. I keep hearing about more and more people.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had 5 cases of covid last week and there were many people here that were sick from something going around. I had a really bad cold and I was much sicker from that than I was when I had covid last year. We have yet to have a current booster or flu shot for this year.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had 5 cases of covid last week and there were many people here that were sick from something going around. I had a really bad cold and I was much sicker from that than I was when I had covid last year. We have yet to have a current booster or flu shot for this year.
That is ridiculous at least for the COVID booster, there is plenty of the shots out there now.

The flu shot is kind of a hit or miss thing as to when the best time to get it. There is no way of knowing when the flu season will peak, sometimes it is early and sometimes late. I usually wait until sometime in October to get a flu shot but I had some time off from work last week so I went ahead and got it the last week of September.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I had mine on Sunday..my arm swelled like a football but I also got the flu vaccine in the same arm
Intense itching that lasted for about 3 hours and I couldn't sleep....only 2 hours in 24....yikes I was tired.
Chilled, cold...but I am fine now other than the arm being sore.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had mine on Sunday..my arm swelled like a football but I also got the flu vaccine in the same arm
Intense itching that lasted for about 3 hours and I couldn't sleep....only 2 hours in 24....yikes I was tired.
Chilled, cold...but I am fine now other than the arm being sore.
I got flu and booster in different arms. The flu one swelled up the most and was really sore. I was a bit tired that day but otherwise no ill effects.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want to knock on wood first, but since I've been wearing masks, I have not had cold, flu, covid or anything else. Anybody who says masks don't work, they seem to have for me.
And my husband's cardiologist told him yesterday that next year when nobody is wearing masks, he is going to wear one during flu season.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
got flu and booster in different arms. The flu one swelled up the most and was really sore. I was a bit tired that day but otherwise no ill effects.
I figured it must ve been te flu jab because i never had reactions from any vaccine or booster except for mild chills bit feverish but no arm swelling.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a really nasty respiratory bug, going around. People are getting sinus infections, and it is lingering weeks. A friend had to get antibiotics for the lingering sinus infection; and others are down and out because of it.

They are speculating that this is due to the face that people have been wearing masks for so long; that, exposure and sensitizing to normal viruses have increased! Our immune systems have not processed these viruses, for such a long time, that they are hitting us with a vengeance.

I am still masking up, when I go to public places; stores, church.. Not taking chances.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still wearing a mask when I go out for groceries, or to run other errands, and though I'm not usually the only one, I'm definitely in the minority now.
Me too! Fortunately, I don't have to wear a mask all day - so I have time to improve my immune system by doing a certain amount of exercise in the fresh air! I recently had my 5th (!) Covid-19 shot - 2 plus 3 boosters. My last booster was 7 months ago. I now hope that this will keep me Corona-free for the next 12 months. Unless new information becomes available, I will then have a booster once a year at about the same time as I go for my flu-jab.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a really nasty respiratory bug, going around. People are getting sinus infections, and it is lingering weeks. A friend had to get antibiotics for the lingering sinus infection; and others are down and out because of it.

They are speculating that this is due to the face that people have been wearing masks for so long; that, exposure and sensitizing to normal viruses have increased! Our immune systems have not processed these viruses, for such a long time, that they are hitting us with a vengeance.

I am still masking up, when I go to public places; stores, church.. Not taking chances.
hmmmm that is interesting. I'm a longtime sufferer of sinusitis and allergies. I do think the masks have prevented a lot of the common colds in addition to all the cleaning and sanitizing being done. I work at a nursing home and we are required to wear masks sometimes the N95's which really put a lot of pressure on the face and get very hot.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed my chance for my last COVID booster and will have to make an appointment somewhere to obtain it.
My last booster was in July and guess what....I got COVID from my husband that weekend. The irony is he has MS and the medication he takes can make him immunocompromised all he had was a bunch of sniffles (which made me suspicious because he never has that). I had a fever, fatigue, aches..... I was in bed for a week. He had the Moderna vaccine which did a number on him and I've been getting the Pfizer which usually just left me with a sore arm.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had two boosters the first one was October of last year and July of this year. I was going to wait until this fall so I would get the one with the Omicron variant but there was a spike in cases during the summer so I went ahead and got a booster in July. I think the wait is at least four months. I went ahead and got my flu shot and I also got the Dtap booster with my flu shot. Sometime here soon I will get a COVID booster again. I will then just get a booster along with my flu shot the following fall.

I haven't been masking since the spike during the summer. I work exclusively from home and tend to be a homebody. I always go places when they aren't crowded anyway because I don't like crowds and I don't like dealing with heavy traffic.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's been almost 4 hours since I got my jab, and my arm still feels fine, as does the rest of me. I don't normally have a reaction, other than a sore arm, so it will be interesting to see how I feel later tonight and tomorrow.