Confessions of an American Cat Huffer

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well as you know I huff my cat's. But I didn't know that maybe it's genetic. Everyday when my youngest son comes home from work he huffs both cat's. Yes I caught him pretending to give the boy's a cuddle just like I pretend I'm kissing them. When I told him to stop huffing the cat's that's my job, he burst out laughing and said but they smell so good. :lol:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
What a atrange title for a thread. Probably the strangest sounding one on the site. I guess snorting is the newer version of the word huff. Idk though.

Just a very strange thread title.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The way I understand it, one friend had a stinky perfume that she wanted the OP to smell, and the OP burst out with her cat smelling better than the stinky perfume and then everyone went to smell the cat.

I once lived with a cat, Sam, who was the most wonderful gentleman cat ever. He was an appleheaded Siamese (seal point), whose first owners were a mother and daughter pair (90 and 60) who passed away within 3 months of each other. My dad took communion to them, which is how we got to know them, and when they died the rest of their family didn't want Sam and were going to have him put to sleep. He was 13 years old at that time, and in perfect health. My dad said, "Why don't you let me take him?" and so Sam went on to live with us for 8 more years. Sam smelled like maple syrup.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
My dad said, "Why don't you let me take him?" and so Sam went on to live with us for 8 more years. Sam smelled like maple syrup.
Oh, how wonderful of your dad to take in Sam! And maple syrup--a cat huffer's dream come true! :lol:

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, how wonderful of your dad to take in Sam! And maple syrup--a cat huffer's dream come true! :lol:
Yes, we all loved (me, my younger brother, and my mom and dad) Sam immensely. My father recently died (August 6) and we had been going through photos for the service, and ran across all those pictures of Sam and it all rushed back to memory. I used to play the piano and Sam would sit on the piano bench next to me. I still don't know how he managed to smell like maple syrup, he didn't have any health issues until the last few months of his life.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby powder ... especially Bella but they all smell like baby powder.... when they lean in with their little heads for me to kiss them I could just breathe in their wonderful aroma forever with my nose buried..... Had no idea there was a name for this delightful treat,huffing kitties?Sounds perfectly normal to me

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We love to huff Gypsy, especially her floofy tummy.View attachment 459690View attachment 459691
Considering the stinky stuff they eat it sure is amazing how good their cat spit makes them smell.:lol:
Off topic, but you should really enter one of these pictures in the Photo comp this month, if you haven't already.

OMG, some of my cats smell so good. I read somewhere that they make us addicted to them by the way they smell. Does anybody know about that or is it my imagination? IDK, Elsie has a deformity about her mouth and can't close it properly. Sometimes, she drools like a Bull Mastiff. It smells like old socks that have been left in the gym bag too long. It's intoxicating. Almost all cats have a distinctive smell. My RB cat Redman always smelled like cookies.