Concerned Cat Mom

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Purraise makes me think I am praising you for your advice or comments? I hope that is correct, because I keep clicking on that when I receive a informative, or good comment. If it is a bad thing please let me know so I can quit clicking it.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
PUrraise means yoiu like the post. It could be information, humor,.a compliment - or just "I completely agree with you."

There is no shortage of posters who know the differences between lymphoma and IBD (or are just learning them) through purrsonal experiences. You are not alone.

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took Sebastian to the emergency clinic last night. He started panting. When I arrived they listened to his breathing while I was holding him. She took him from my arms, and took him back. He was in respiratory distress. All I know right now is he had free fluid in his abdomen. He is still there, and I am waiting for a call back from the on call veterinarian. I do not know what caused it to happen.

Jessica 94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He will not be home today. They took most of the fluid out of the cavity to help relieve pressure. UA is good, BPM is fairly stable,BP low, they are doing an ultrasound in a few hours. As well a new blood test for his heart. I will pick him up in the morning to take him to the local veterinarian for a few days. So far, this is what I have learned. Has anyone gone through this? It appears to be his heart.

javannalynn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fluid in his abdomen can be a serious symptom of an underlying condition. It could be a bacterial infection or something as serious as cancer. Make sure they find out! Don't let the vet dismiss this! Even if the fluid doesn't return it is there for a reason...