Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's cool that it has a strong/rich setting. I thought strength came from adding more grounds? I'll have to see if mine has that setting.

It's pretty good. A nice dark roast.
I'll open mine tomorrow then! I hope I like it...I'm finishing up the Gevalia French Roast tonight. It was a little disappointing.

they're fair trade or rainforest alliance certified
I haven't gotten that far where I look for things like that yet. I've just been looking at the roast: French, Sumatra, Italian, Espresso.
But I'm willing to learn all I can about coffee! I'll have to check out that O Organics brand. Where do you buy it?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Amazon order arrived today, so I'm all set for Cafe Mocha for a while. And I do recognize that most of you probably would not even call this coffee. :lol: But it's perfect for a chocoholic. 🍫 + ☕ = :yummy:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Amazon order arrived today, so I'm all set for Cafe Mocha for a while. And I do recognize that most of you probably would not even call this coffee. :lol: But it's perfect for a chocoholic. 🍫 + ☕ = :yummy:
I loved that stuff when I was a kid. It's way too sweet for me now. It was called General Foods International Coffee back in the day. I think there was an Irish creme one and and one with orange along with the mocha and probably others. They were in a metal tin.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so I'm all set for Cafe Mocha for a while. And I do recognize that most of you probably would not even call this coffee. :lol:
That's just like my vanilla cappuccino powder. But I add it to coffee to make it stronger. You could always try adding 2 to 4 TB of your mocha powder to a cup of coffee like I do with mine. Or add a Tsp of instant coffee to your mocha, I've done that before. :thumbsup:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't gotten that far where I look for things like that yet. I've just been looking at the roast: French, Sumatra, Italian, Espresso.
But I'm willing to learn all I can about coffee! I'll have to check out that O Organics brand. Where do you buy it?
It's my way of slightly being ethical. I started buying fair trade when the church I was going to at the time sold it.

I get O Organics at Jewel, which is local, but part of the large Albertson's conglomerate, so I'm not sure what their brand of stores out by you would be called.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I loved that stuff when I was a kid. It's way too sweet for me now. It was called General Foods International Coffee back in the day. I think there was an Irish creme one and and one with orange along with the mocha and probably others. They were in a metal tin.
I also remember when it was General Food International Coffee and thought that name sounded a bit exotic or sophisticated.. :lol: There's a French Vanilla one now, and an Orange Cappuccino, but the mocha one is the only one that interests me. There's only 6 grams of sugar per cup, which isn't too bad, and considerably less than hot chocolate, so it works for me.

That's just like my vanilla cappuccino powder. But I add it to coffee to make it stronger. You could always try adding 2 to 4 TB of your mocha powder to a cup of coffee like I do with mine. Or add a Tsp of instant coffee to your mocha, I've done that before. :thumbsup:
I almost bought a French Vanilla one to try it, but as always, chocolate always wins over most other flavours. And I don't really think I need to add instant coffee to my mocha, but if I was going to try that, you know if I needed a caffeine boost, which brand has the best instant coffee?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jewel, which is local, but part of the large Albertson's conglomerate, so I'm not sure what their brand of stores out by you would be called.
Maybe Price Chopper? We only have Walmart & Price Chopper, then smaller grocery stores like IGA, Dollar General. And BJ's Warehouse store.

which brand has the best instant coffee?
I like Taster's Choice or Nescafe, but any brand will do. I've drank Folgers, Maxwell House, and even store brand.
How much mocha powder do you use per cup?

Morning: Cafe Bustelo Espresso with 3TB Folgers vanilla cappuccino powder

After walk: Cafe Bustelo Espresso drank black

After dinner: Cafe Bustelo Espresso drank black

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why didn't I realize that.
Yeah, I'm an expert at measuring. I measuring everything! Cat food, hot sauce, mayo, coffee, everything is exact. Hee hee.
I think I'm using way too much cappuccino powder. I went from 4 Tablespoons down to 3 Tablespoons. But now I think I'm gonna stick with 2 Tablespoons.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad accidentally got me these Dollar General K-cups. I don't have a Keurig machine, so I just cut one open and dissolved in my coffee. Is that okay? It says instant coffee in the ingredients, it's not coffee grounds.
Clover Valley French Vanilla Cappuccino Drink Mix K-Cups, 12ct

Morning: Cafe Bustelo Espresso with 3TB Folgers vanilla cappuccino

Afternoon: Cafe Buselo Espresso with 1 DG vanilla cappuccino K-cup

Evening: Cafe Bustelo Espresso with 3TB Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dad accidentally got me these Dollar General K-cups. I don't have a Keurig machine, so I just cut one open and dissolved in my coffee. Is that okay? It says instant coffee in the ingredients, it's not coffee grounds.
Clover Valley French Vanilla Cappuccino Drink Mix K-Cups, 12ct

Morning: Cafe Bustelo Espresso with 3TB Folgers vanilla cappuccino

Afternoon: Cafe Buselo Espresso with 1 DG vanilla cappuccino K-cup

Evening: Cafe Bustelo Espresso with 3TB Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino
I would think it's fine because it's the cappucino mix and that's why the coffee is instant. I don't think the regular k cups use instant so I wouldn't do that with those. I would think that you could use them in a drip coffee maker by opening them up and dumping them into a filter like you would with any ground coffee.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would think it's fine because it's the cappucino mix and that's why the coffee is instant.
Yeah, I opened one up and it tastes and dissolves just like my cappuccino powder.

Morning: Cafe Bustelo Espresso with 2TB Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino

Afternoon: Cafe Bustelo Espresso drank black

Evening: Cafe Bustelo Espresso drank black

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I always make Rick's coffee for him when I get up to feed the girls. He will have Highland Grog from Bones Coffee. I don't know what it will taste like, but I can tell you that if I could put that aroma in a pie, I'd be all over it. Butterscotch and caramel.

I tried the Medium roast coffee. It's smooth. I like it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yesterday was almost too cool to sit comfortably in the shade (remember I love the heat) so I took a mug of my Suisse Mocha out with me to sip as I read the September book of the month off my Kindle Fire.

BTW, anyone who likes to read, it's not to late to read along with us. The e-book version is currently FREE at Amazon, Kobo and B&N. And using the Amazon App you can read it on any computer,tablet or phone. The book is Arsenic in the Azaleas, which is a cozy (murder) mystery.

Sorry for going a little off topic, but ...
Cats + Books + Coffee or Tea = Purrfection :catman:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning, I had a Stop and Shop brand of Pumpkin Spice coffee with almond milk.
It was ok, but had a bit of a 'bite' to it~~ out in a teaspoon of "Sugar in the Raw". That did not even cut the bitterness. I really prefer Starbucks Pumpkin Spice.

A couple years ago, I bought Dunkin's Pumpkin Spice k-cups. I found them much better than any others.

I think I will have to run into Dunkin for a box of it..
It is good to have, for a variety. Not that I drink coffee every day; once in a while; 2-3 times a week.

The Starbucks Mocha k-cups are really good.

Green Mountain Coffee is good also.

I use K-cups. I do not have a regular coffee maker. I have no room to store it.

Status
Not open for further replies.