Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the last day on my medium roast! 3 mugs throughout the day, drank black.

Tomorrow will be back to dark roast. Yay! These 12 ounce bags seem so small compared to my big canister. But not many brands come in the big canister.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Having Oatmilk in my tea and coffee. It is very creamy.. seems more like regular cream...

I had a box of chocolate Almond milk, in the cabinet. I opened it up, the other day! I have not had any chocolate since March! So good... Can't wait to try it in coffee!!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been wanting to try the extra dark roast
Do you prefer the ones that just say "Dark Roast"? I'm trying the named ones like French Roast, Italian Roast, Espresso Roast, Sumatra. Do you like any of those?

This morning was Gevalia French Roast with 2TB Folgers French Vanilla Cappuccino. Then throughout the day will be 2 more cups of Gevalia French Roast drank black.

The French Roast is good, not as smooth and earthy as Sumatra. It's got a huge bite! It'll definitely bite ya. We'll see if it grows on me. I'd like to try other brands too to compare.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys open one bag of coffee at a time and use it up? Or open a bunch of bags for variety?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I open only one at a time and keep it in an airtight container in the cabinet. I’m not gonna pretend that I have a well-developed palate, but I can definitely taste the difference between freshly opened coffee and coffee that’s been open awhile. :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay. Thanks everybody. I was tempted to open all the different coffees I got for my Bday, kinda like a coffee shop.
But I won't now. It's hard to wait to sample them though!

Morning: Gevalia French Roast with 3TB Folgers vanilla cappuccino powder

After my walk: Gevalia French Roast drank black

After dinner will be: Gevalia French Roast drank black

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I still think you'd like a Keurig Coffee Maker.
Or maybe a coffee grinder so you can grind a day or two of beans at a time. That way they stay much fresher and you can really taste the difference instead of buying ground coffee. The grinders are relatively inexpensive and range from $19.00 on up. I bought mine ages ago and it still works great. 👍

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I open only one at a time and keep it in an airtight container in the cabinet. I’m not gonna pretend that I have a well-developed palate, but I can definitely taste the difference between freshly opened coffee and coffee that’s been open awhile. :)
Yeah, I put mine in in a little container and not just in the bag.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Or maybe a coffee grinder so you can grind a day or two of beans at a time. That way they stay much fresher and you can really taste the difference instead of buying ground coffee. The grinders are relatively inexpensive and range from $19.00 on up. I bought mine ages ago and it still works great. 👍
Oh, that would work too, and makes more sense for a true coffee connoisseur. which I definitely am not. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still think you'd like a Keurig Coffee Maker. This one is only $59 at walmart.com
Yes, I should get a Keurig one of these days. I just wonder if the K-cups would be more expensive?

Or maybe a coffee grinder so you can grind a day or two of beans at a time.
Oh yeah, good idea! Because they stay fresher in bean form. I forgot about that.

Yeah, I put mine in in a little container and not just in the bag.
I actually did that! I had the empty canister from my medium roast and I threw the bag of French roast in there. I wasn't thinking about keeping it fresh, it was just easier to scoop. When I pull the scoop out of the small bag, the coffee flings everywhere.

for a true coffee connoisseur. which I definitely am not. ;)
Awww, hang around us long enough, we'll fix that. :thumbsup:

Having a cup of chamomile tea right now.
That sounds so good. Maybe I'll have tea later. I like black tea because it tastes like coffee to me. :thumbsup:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually did that! I had the empty canister from my medium roast and I threw the bag of French roast in there. I wasn't thinking about keeping it fresh, it was just easier to scoop. When I pull the scoop out of the small bag, the coffee flings everywhere
I mean, to be fair, that's the main reason I started doing that too. I use the little one of this set we got for our wedding. It holds a little bag of coffee amd a scoop perfectly, and much less messy than scooping out of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.