Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidIndigo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an almond milk question for those of you who use it. I’ve been wanting to try the unsweetened almond milk but the smallest container I can find is a quart. And while the sell/use by date may be weeks in the future, the cartons all read, “Use within 7 to 10 days of opening.” How firm is that? I don’t think I can use a quart in 10 days. I’d probably use it in 14, though.
I know this is a little older... but I buy it by the gallon and take close to 14 days to use it all. Tastes great, never changes a bit

Also... is it really Monday already? Clearly I need the LARGER coffee mug today!

Morning all ☕☕

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning- Great Value medium roast, 2TB vanilla cappuccino

After my walk- Cherry Vanilla Coke

After Dinner- Great Value medium roast, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2TB vanilla cappuccino

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I just ordered some new blends of San Francisco Bay pods for my Keurig: Organic Rainforest Blend (medium roast), Fog Chaser (medium/dark roast), and Breakfast Blend (medium). I’ve been buying the SF Bay French Roast and the Hazelnut and really enjoy them. Looking forward to these new ones!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was a definite caffeine day for me:
breakfast - dark roast black coffee
lunch - espresso
late afternoon - iced Americano

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After Breakfast- Great Value medium roast, 2 TB vanilla cappuccino

After Lunch- Mug Root Beer- This is definitely my favorite brand out of all the root beers I sampled

After Dinner- Great Value medium roast, macadamia milk, 2 TB vanilla cappuccino

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking tea with almond milk.
Sounds yummy. I haven't tried tea with almond milk yet.

After Breakfast- Great Value medium roast, 2 TB vanilla cappuccino. This cappuccino with Splenda in it tastes so weird. It's not very sweet like regular sugar

After Lunch- Barq's root beer, okay but not as good as Mug root beer

After Dinner- Great Value medium roast, macadamia milk, 2 TB vanilla cappuccino

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was happy hour at Starbucks today, (buy one grande, get one free). DH had iced passion tea and I had my usual summer favorite, i.e. iced Americano.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was a bit cooler yesterday morning, so I sat out on my deck with a cup of the Suisse Mocha. :yummy:

I've still got 1 1/2 containers of it, so I'm good for a while, but I checked and Amazon doesn't sell them individually anymore, so I might have to buy the 8-pack !!! If I do, at least I won't have to worry about running out too quickly.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you guys know that soda has 44 grams of sugar??!! That's the end of me drinking root beer. I can drink at least 3 cappuccinos to equal that amount of sugar. I prefer coffee anyway.

Stay tuned, I ordered some dark roasts! Gevalia French Roast and Cafe Bustelo Espresso Roast!

Never tried either brand, I'm so excited.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you guys know that soda has 44 grams of sugar??!!
Yeah, I gave up on soda a long time ago because of that. Also prepared sweetened coffee, like the Starbucks glass bottles, has just as much. Once my mom filled a Coke bottle with 16 teaspoons of sugar (the amount in a 20-oz bottle) and gave it to my cousin to show her how much sugar she was drinking several times a day. I don't think she cared, lol. Anyway an occasional soda isn't terrible but one really shouldn't have that much refined sugar every day.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you guys know that soda has 44 grams of sugar??!! That's the end of me drinking root beer.
Yeah, soda (aka pop) has a lot of sugar! But you don't have to totally deprive yourself. Maybe have it as a treat once in a while. And if you can buy bottles, then you could have a smaller glass, rather than the 12 oz in the can. It's all about balance. ⚖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But you don't have to totally deprive yourself. Maybe have it as a treat once in a while.
I would actually rather have coffee. The whole time I was drinking the soda, I was thinking I wish this was coffee. :lol:
I guess I'm obsessed with coffee lately, it's all I seem to want to drink.

Still trying to finish up this Great Value medium roast coffee and sugar-free vanilla cappuccino that I didn't really like.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had black dark roast coffee with breakfast and an espresso with lunch. I was debating whether to have an iced coffee drink later in the afternoon but decided to skip it. :dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just finishing up the last of that Great Value medium roast coffee. 3 cups per day. I have been drinking it black since I'm out of cappuccino. It worked out good because I'm trying to cut back on sugar.

I can't wait to get back to my dark roast!

Status
Not open for further replies.