Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m one of those weird people that doesn’t mind drinking leftover coffee.
I used to do that all the time when I was drinking drip coffee, I would put the rest of the pot in a canning jar in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.

I had half a cup water, half a cup of this fancy chocolate protein drink Remedy Organics Cacao Essentials with 1/4 cup Hills Bros Vanilla Cappuccino and 1Tsp Honeeva Cinnamon Honey Sugar. It was okay, but chocolate still isn't my fave.
1654218429640.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, that's a heavy duty says it will do everything for you except butter your morning toast drink LOL
I have another one of them without chocolate in it that I'll try later. I think it's just cinnamon spice flavor. Pic below:

1654264437484.png

in a classic spotted tin cup
Tin cup? Can't picture it in my mind. Got a pic?

Drinking--- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Bolthouse Farms Mocha Cappuccino Protein Drink, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Vanilla Cappuccino Powder finished it up. Microwaved for 2 minutes 20 seconds. It was okay, but not a big chocolate fan.
1654264368864.png

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I have another one of them without chocolate in it that I'll try later. I think it's just cinnamon spice flavor. Pic below:

View attachment 422200

Tin cup? Can't picture it in my mind. Got a pic?

Drinking--- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Bolthouse Farms Mocha Cappuccino Protein Drink, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Vanilla Cappuccino Powder finished it up. Microwaved for 2 minutes 20 seconds. It was okay, but not a big chocolate fan.
View attachment 422199
I’d show you a pic, but realize I have just enough wherewithal to mop before 2 cat allergic people come to visit. …Imagine being in a cabin, and you reach for your speckled blue and white Coleman tin cup. (Not sure where in the world you are, but in the US they are pretty ubiquitous). I’ve realized whatever mug you choose can set the mood. I also have a penchant for the classic “blue plate special” 1940s diner mug. Makes the coffee taste even better.

Someone ought to put together a book based on all these postings of tasty coffees! They all look delicious.

….finishing up my gone cold decaf.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby’s out of town for work, so I’m left to my own devices.
Thank goodness for the Keurig. We have the re-fillable pods so we can use our own grinds.
I like to use the small cup setting, then I let the grounds sit for about 5-10 minutes, then run the small cup setting once more.
It ends up being a nice medium dark cup.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Imagine being in a cabin, and you reach for your speckled blue and white Coleman tin cup.
Yes, I can picture your blue/white Coleman tin cup. Is it enameled? I've seen them in the past in some of the quaint little antique shops along with a matching coffee pot and the old fashioned coffee grinder that hangs on a wall.

Can't recall where I left off in this thread but since I have my dark roast coffee black every morning some things never change. :biggrin:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure where in the world you are, but in the US they are pretty ubiquitous)
I live out in the woods in Upstate NY. But I've never seen a tin coffee cup. Couldn't put it in the microwave!

This afternoon I had--Half Cup Water, Half Cup OWYN Cookies & Cream Protein Shake, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino Powder. Microwaved for 2 minutes 20 seconds. It was okay.

1654301410906.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cup of OWYN Cookies & Cream Protein Shake, 1/4 Cup Folgers Vanilla Cappuccino Powder, 1/2TB Cinnamon Honey Sugar. Microwaved for 2 minutes 20 seconds. It was okay. Surprised it was rather cold after microwaving it that long! This new microwave is weird! I've got a chocolate peanut butter cup protein drink coming today. If I don't like that one, then I think I'll give up on chocolate.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I currently have plain and vanilla oat milks I'm rotating for my coffee because they were on sale if you bought two.
That reminds me, I bought that Next Milk you told us about! I haven't tried it yet. Is it sweet at all?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That reminds me, I bought that Next Milk you told us about! I haven't tried it yet. Is it sweet at all?
I don't remember it being sweet. I gave some to J, so it wasn't sweetened. I do remember it being fairly thick and creamy, especially the whole milk version.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We went to the farmer's market early this morning when it was still cool out and I had a hot black coffee with a cinnamon biscuit. The vendors are local and I may have to make this my regular Saturday habit. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.