Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basically it's espresso with a very small amount of steamed milk.
So how does that compare to my vanilla cappuccino? Would the vanilla macchiato be less sweet?

woke up to a miserable 80 degrees
Oh good lord, I would be in heaven. Wish I lived down south. I'm freezing here in NY at 57 degrees.

mocha flavored Coffee Mate. I had to have it... It was so good.. like melted mocha ice cream!
I thought you didn't like sweet coffee?

Drinking half cup water, half cup Thrive Market Oat Milk, 1/3 Cup Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino Powder, 1Tsp Pilon Instant Espresso. It's okay, but not as good as Maxwell House International Hazelnut. I microwaved it for 2 minutes 40 seconds, but it isn't getting very hot in the glass measuring cup for some reason. I like that it doesn't boil over in the glass though.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
h good lord, I would be in heaven. Wish I lived down south. I'm freezing here in NY at 57 degrees.
:lol:its not a dry heat its a muggy and humid type that just makes you feel sweaty and dirty and gross plus its easy to pile on more clothes until your warm in the heat you can only remove so many clothes:( even jumping n a pool to cool off doesnt feel to good when the water just seems to turn into sweat once you get out:lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So how does that compare to my vanilla cappuccino? Would the vanilla macchiato be less sweet?
Cappuccinos are made using equal parts espresso, steamed milk, and milk foam whereas macchiatos are made by adding a splash of milk to a shot of espresso. So cappuccinos use more milk which has more sugar content. Since I don't use any flavors or sweeteners in my drinks you'd probably have to look on the label for the nutrition ingredient facts. I hope that helps.

Dark roast coffee this morning and just made an espresso with lunch.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its easy to pile on more clothes until your warm in the heat you can only remove so many clothes
I can't wear a lot of clothes because my mother won't let me use the washing machine, and she doesn't like to do laundry very often. Plus she won't wash blankets, so can't pile them on. Until I can live closer to a laundromat, I'm out of luck. She's nuts. Nobody has ever heard of anybody ever doing that, so they can't help me with her. My brother tried talking to her, but he said he couldn't make her understand. Social worker said to just leave, she can't help me get access to the machine...

you'd probably have to look on the label for the nutrition ingredient facts.
The Macchiato says 24 grams of sugar, so I guess it will still be pretty sweet! I'll order it and see.

Lari Lari --I really like this Silk Next Milk you told us about! It's really creamy and delicious. Drinking a full cup of it with 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino Powder, 1Tsp Pilon Instant Espresso. Tastes much better!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wear a lot of clothes because my mother won't let me use the washing machine, and she doesn't like to do laundry very often. Plus she won't wash blankets, so can't pile them on. Until I can live closer to a laundromat, I'm out of luck. She's nuts. Nobody has ever heard of anybody ever doing that, so they can't help me with her. My brother tried talking to her, but he said he couldn't make her understand. Social worker said to just leave, she can't help me get access to the machine...
can just wash by hand will burn through bars/body wash etc fast though have had to do laundry that way months on end more than a few times then hang dry after wringing it out good social worker is supposed to make sure your everyday needs are met and provided for arent they?.dont know your circumstances as to why you have a social worker pretty sure if your deemed ok living on your own they can help you with that once you speak with your case manager i can ask my lil sister who is one of the dept head for la county along with my gf ( for resources dm if you want i can get you an answer in a day or so

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can just wash by hand will burn through bars/body wash etc fast though have had to do laundry that way months on end more than a few times then hang dry after wringing it out
I can't. She won't let me use that much water and there are no clean places to hang anything with her hoarding. My social worker did offer me welfare, but I would be leaving with just the clothes on my back and the cats. I just don't know if I can provide. My anxiety is really bad.

Will probably keep drinking the Silk Next Milk for the rest of the week with my cappuccino. It expires in a week, doesn't give me much time to drink it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cup of Silk Next Milk, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino, 1Tsp Pilon Instant Espresso. Microwaved in glass measuring cup for 2 minutes 50 seconds and it still wasn't hot enough. Maybe I'll go back to making it in the mug. I like how it doesn't boil over in the glass though...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cup of Iconic Cafe Au Lait Protein Shake, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino Powder, 1Tsp Pilon Instant Espresso. Microwaved in mug for 2 minutes 40 seconds. It was definitely piping hot this time with the added seconds, but I had to stop it a billion times to keep from boiling over in the mug, since I didn't use the glass. I like it better mixed half with water, this was a little too thick like a milk shake.
1654951794487.png
1654951874265.png
1654951894201.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
plain kona coffee but the taste is off kinda i caught some kind of cold i think. gf already forced a home covid test on me since i had lil fever past 2 days was negative but still feel miserable
I hope you feel better soon, take it easy and get plenty of rest. 🤗 Keep your eye on the hockey semi-finals to take your mind off the fever - DH is rooting for the Rangers and if they lose he's cheering for the Avalanche. How about you?

My usual dark roast black coffee this morning but planning to go to a coffee party this afternoon. The roastery where I buy my beans is celebrating their 5th anniversary with a party outdoors. It's not close to us so the only thing holding me back is the gas prices.

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Was gonna write something but then caught up on Maggie’s story…have you figured out an escape plan?

Anyway, groggily drinking WAY too strong espresso a friend gifted me, but ogling the photo of IHOP java. Zorro yelled me out of bed at 6AM for absolutely no reason. He’s up there hogging it now. Why am I up this early on a Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.