Chronic Kidney Failure

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
zahava zahava I am so sorry for your loss. =( You sure tried so hard...he was a fighter but YOU are a fighter as well.
I am unfamiliar with the Jerusalem Forest so I did a google image search...what a beautiful place, the perfect spot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zahava

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank u. just now got back from burying him. yes, it is a beautiful place. many of our cats and dogs are buried there. we both tried. he was always so happy to see me and i really thought it would help when he got home, but this horrible disease just did him in. i was grateful that he died here at home, on his own, and that i didn't have to help him. that would have been even worse, but i would have if it had come to that. i just miss him so much.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don’t think you should blame yourself for taking Ginge off the IV drip. Animals, like people, can control the time of their passing to a certain extent. I think maybe Ginge just wanted to enjoy being at home for a little while before leaving. Please don’t forget to remember to smile about all the good times you had together as you grieve. Ginge had a good life with you! Rejoice about that!

zahava

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i think so, too. he was so unhappy being caged. he was mostly an outdoor cat but he did enjoy being indoors at times. can't ever forget how he'd just look up at me with his big green eyes. i could really see the love in his eyes. he was such a beautiful boy!

when i moved from jerusalem to be'er sheva, he wasn't around that day. i came back to jerusalem just to get him so i could take him with me. i promised him i wouldn't abandon him. i moved 9 cats that time. now, he's in the forest with a few other kitties.

zahava

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank u. he was most definitely a fighter but this horrible disease had such a grip on him. He went peacefully in his sleep, here at home. i'm just sad and heartbroken right now.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat!! One question, is his diet mostly kibble food?

zahava

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank u, he was indeed. here at home, he ate dry food, but when he was outside, he probably ate other stuff. he was a hunter. he'd bring home birds, mice, rats. he would also get into the garbage and pull out who-knows-what. i never could break him of taking stuff out of the garbage bins.

cat1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so do i! i actually bought some fresh liver and will cook a bit of it. maybe that will entice him. i give him an appetite stimulant called tripsy, as well as what they prescribed for him at the hospital. i'm so sorry about ur benji :-( how old was he? it's so difficult to tell when they're so sick. yes, i will update about him. thank u so much for ur kind words! we really appreciate them! u betcha i will :-)

cat1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hadn't been getting any notifications and I thought everything was ok. I am so sorry to hear that your sweet Ginge passed. Benji was 11.5 years old but I guess if he didn't have that problem, God knows what he had, he could have lived a lot of years more. Now both our kitties are in kitty heaven. They don't suffer anymore. We should be happy they are in no pain and think of them, remember them always. I buried him in my back yard and see his grave every time I open the kitchen door. I still say good morning to him and good night, I look at his pictures of when he was just fine and the last ones and say he is happy where he is now and is waiting for me. The pain is less now after three weeks but I still cry every day that I enter the room where he slept with his two mates. Our pain is terrible. At least Ginge died at home though I had to put Benji to sleep at the vet's and the vet didn't allow me to stay with him till the last minute. But Benji was already gone, he had no contact and he didn't want me near too, he pushed me with his rear legs when I touched him the last day.
You are a wonderful parent, you have done whatever was possible for your baby. I am so sorry for your loss! Lots of hugs and kisses from me!

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just checking in to let you know you are not forgotten during these difficult days. All here understand.

We here at TCS are still surrounding you with love, thoughts and prayers.