Cat's Abdomen Is Getting Bloated?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... But the vets say he's doing really badly, and I don't want him to suffer anymore :(:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
The vets are very knowledgeable and have experience, that is, they can see how he is right now. Do you want to go there, to be there with him? I wouldn't want him suffering either. I am so sorry you are going through this :bawling:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My parents, my sister and I will be there in his final moments. I went through something like this when my first hamster died, but that was from old age (she was almost 3 years old). This is more sad because Mojo is only 7 months old and we just got to know him :(
We are getting some gerbils soon so maybe they will help a little bit to be less sad

neko2019

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry your family and Mojo have to go through this. It sounds like he might be already be sick before you got him, and he would inevitably die from this illness. But he could be in a lot worse situation. At least you give him a loving home in his final days.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet said he was probably sick but didn’t show any symptoms before we got him. I really wish he could get better, but the vets say that his status right now is really bad :(

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My little sister took it even worse than me :(
She’s not that old so she doesn’t understand as well as me that he’s suffering, and it’s better for him to pass in peace than in pain. My whole family is very sad about Mojo and we are going to leave in a few minutes :(

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s done. He’s gone, forever.

Before we left, I thought there was a tiny chance he could get better, but after seeing him, I realized how sick he really was. There was vomit and his fur was all stained, he couldn’t even lift up his head, and he kept meowing. His eyes were half closed. It was heartbreaking seeing how weak he was.

When we put him down on the table and the vet came in with the syringes, I actually saw a tear come from his eye. I don’t know if cats can cry because they’re sad, but I guess Mojo knew what was happening because that’s when he stopped meowing.

They are going to give us his ashes, his paw print in clay, and some of his black and white fur.

After his passing, I feel more at peace knowing he’s not suffering anymore. It’ll take a while to get over, but now we have experience and can give the next cat an even better life with us.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used my favorite picture of Mojo as my profile picture

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. We really did love him. I’m glad he didn’t go to a family that would have just left him to die because they didn’t want to pay so much money for the vet bills or whatever.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a dream that Mojo got better and he was playing with some toys :(
Then I woke up and remembered that he passed away yesterday :(
Sometimes I can hear a meow but there’s no cat

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss,I have been following your posts. You and family did everything you could for Mojo including being there to say goodbye,take comfort in your efforts to provide for him.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks.
We just got 3 gerbils a few minutes ago, so my sister and I are more happy now (my dad doesn't really care much and my mom doesn't like rodents that much)