Cat Still Missing

Motionless10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been 4 months now my cat lucky hasn't returned. I did everything I could to bring him back nothing has worked. He is microchip and neutered I don't even know if he is still alive because of the cold weather I just don't know what to do i have been depressed ever since he has been gone. I just want a miracle to happen where he just shows up randomly I really want him back home

MOD NOTE: Original post about this lost kitty is here: Lost My Cat

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry he never came back home. You read stories where YEARS later sometimes cats get reunited with the owners :hugs:. One of our cats got outside when I was away and it was several weeks before we finally found her. I had give up hope and actually stopped looking when one morning I heard her pitiful meow. She still wouldn't come to me when we finally realized where she was (under a neighbor's deck). It took a lot of work to get her out of there, and she never, ever went outside again!

I can only hope you get a Holiday Miracle and Lucky appears at your door.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't give up. I know you reported him missing to shelters back when he went missing, but are you checking back with them on a weekly basis? I've found that even shelters who scan for chips are sometimes remiss about contacting owners. They are relying on (never enough) volunteers, and (never enough) donations, and things sometimes fall through the cracks. So check back with them, and with local vets. Is there a radio or TV station near you that does a lost-and-found segment each week? They are usually part of the noon report, and are free. Also, most newspapers will run free lost and found ads.

The other thing to think about is this...cats are very, very good at survival. Even indoor cats will fare FAR better than dogs when they stray. They can find shelter and warmth almost as if they have a radar for it. And they can sniff out a soft touch and giving heart a mile away. Your Lucky may be lounging in front of a fire right now. And as much as you want him home with you, that would be so much better than him being out in the cold.

mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens is right. Cats come home years after they disappeared, not too much the worse for wear. We've had several of our TCS cats come home after months away. One showed up in her memorial garden, if I recall correctly.