Lost My Cat

Motionless10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I lost my cat about 3 weeks now. I have done everything I could to get back home, I don't know what to do anymore I'm starting to lose hope.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was she primarily indoor or outdoor? Have you contacted all local shelters?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Sadly, many of us here have been or are in your situation. Often, with cats, they get "found" and "adopted". Sometimes the cat returns, though. As they say, where there is life, there is hope! Prayers and vibes that your cat returns safely :vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Motionless10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you catsknowme for the prayers. neo_23 he is a indoor cat but he has left a couple of times but he comes back i did report him missing to all shelters but nothing has happened he hasn't been found or hasn't come back on his own

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you tried leaving out something of his (like a bed or blanket?) outside your door? Was she microchipped or at least had a collar with your info? I hope your cat is found safe and sound and returns back to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Motionless10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did leave food and water and his bed but nothing has been touched. He is microchip I hope he comes back i miss him so much

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You probably should physically check the shelters. I can't tell you the number of cats misidentified at my local shelter as everything from the wrong color to wrong gender. Also call the shelter and ask what database they use to verify the chip. Make sure your information is accurate and current with that database. Probably drop a flyer with photo and microchip information at any vets in your area. I am assuming you have flyers in your neighborhood. If so you should be changing them weekly with new photos and colors of paper to keep it current in everyone's head. There is also an app called Next door that if it is in your area is another way to share information. Check for any feral feeders or TNR trappers in your area and give them photos of him (the Shelters should be able to help identify).

I wish you the best of luck. Don't give up. My brothers cat was missing for five weeks and came home skinny but alive.

sugarspacebunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry your cat has not returned yet :( I'm in the same boat waiting for 1.5 months now. We check the shelter every 3 days to make sure our kitty is still on the 'lost' list they officially have. I am not sure if yours is the same? Also sometimes they can MISS a microchip if it has wandered from the intended spot, so always a good idea to drop by. We redistribute updated mini flyers to our entire neighbourhood every couple of weeks as well.

Good luck!

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe you can type a description into social media along with your street/city name? Like "orange tabby baker street".

Not all people will take a found pet to a shelter. They might just post a picture on their facebook/twitter and then keep the cat/dog if no one replies.