Cat Noises

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whisky used to race around the house at night growling. I'd forgotten that because since blighty came he hardly growls anymore. Blighty's meow is like a squeak. In the morning he let's me stroke him and squeaks and purrs like mad.
awwwhe! I love squeak pur combos!

my-boy-jasper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten, Gunnar, chirps more than he meows. He meows at me when I'm in the kitchen for some reason but anywhere else he chirps. Unless he doesnt know where I am, then he gets this deep whiny meow.lol. Then I call him and he comes running.
This sounds like my kitten. Lots of meowing in the kitchen and it's not all about food either. But it's not a chatty meow, it's more of a needy meow. Looking for attention I think because he is very affectionate in the kitchen too. I'm not why the kitchen is the place for it though. Perhaps it's because we are usually busy in the kitchen and they feel ignored.

terianne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little Mia talks in her sleep, I call them Mia dreams.  Sometimes when she's sleeping she'll start meowing and it sort of sounds like she's saying raooooow-raooooooow-raooooooooow.  She wakes up then.  I think she's chasing birds or bunnies in her sleep because her little feet start twitching like she's trying to run... LOL  It's very cute.

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

My little Mia talks in her sleep, I call them Mia dreams.  Sometimes when she's sleeping she'll start meowing and it sort of sounds like she's saying raooooow-raooooooow-raooooooooow.  She wakes up then.  I think she's chasing birds or bunnies in her sleep because her little feet start twitching like she's trying to run... LOL  It's very cute.
Awwwhe! I love when kittys little feet kick in their sleep. Its super cute!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's dreaming. I always put my hands on them to stop it in case it's a bad dream.

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I think the best thing is to let them be. If you wake them up suddenly, they might startle and claw you.
I agree, I just make sure my kitten knows I'm their and give her some warmth to comfort her.

tnyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a kitten who cannot meow, it sounds like a creaking door or a clown's nose, all my friends think it is hilarious. But what is the cause for this? I hope her little voicebox is not damaged or something?

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I have a kitten who cannot meow, it sounds like a creaking door or a clown's nose, all my friends think it is hilarious. But what is the cause for this? I hope her little voicebox is not damaged or something?
oh boy, that sounds strange, i have no idea what would cause that, maybe make a post about it?

tnyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

oh boy, that sounds strange, i have no idea what would cause that, maybe make a post about it?
Hehe thanks! I may post, but recently it's been slowly morphing into a somewhat real meow!!! It's really funny. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hehe thanks! I may post, but recently it's been slowly morphing into a somewhat real meow!!! It's really funny. 
One of my Mom's cats was a preemie and so tiny when she got him.  At the shelter they would carry him around in their shirt pockets to help him stay warm!  His meow back then sounded more like a squeaky "baah."  I'm not sure how else to describe it.  He grew into himself; but he's not much of a talker.