Cat Noises

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whisky chirps when he jumps on my bed in the morning.
He's a quiet cat for a siamese. He tells me when he wants the bowls filled even though there's still food in there.
When he's looking for blight he gives a meow like he's saying where are you?
So far blighty squeaks. They don't purr. Blighty only purrs when he is suckling from whisky. And they don't head butt which is so very sad. I miss purrs and head butting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whisky chirps when he jumps on my bed in the morning.
He's a quiet cat for a siamese. He tells me when he wants the bowls filled even though there's still food in there.
When he's looking for blight he gives a meow like he's saying where are you?
So far blighty squeaks. They don't purr. Blighty only purrs when he is suckling from whisky. And they don't head butt which is so very sad. I miss purrs and head butting.
thats super adorable :D I wonder why they dont purr though O_O

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Some cats just don't purr much or purr very quietly. When Sheba purrs, I know she is really happy. Julie will start purring if you say her name close to her.
My kitten used to purr very quietly, now I can hear her when shes across my room! and that's adorable :D Do you say Julies name just to hear her purr? I would XD

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My kitten used to purr very quietly, now I can hear her when shes across my room! and that's adorable :D Do you say Julies name just to hear her purr? I would XD
Well, usually she comes up to me and as soon as I say "hello, WuJu (her most common nickname) she starts with the kneading and purring. So, yes I do.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat is a bit of a talker, although he talks to himself and not with me. He doesn't "meow" but more of a "mrrrr". 

Unless he comes to my chair, which is often. He doesn't jump onto my lap, but he'll put two paws on my lap in a standing position and then start pawing my arm until I look at him, at which point he sits back down. I haven't figured out what he wants when he does this, but the sound he makes is hilarious.

*walks towards me*

"mrr."

"mrrr."

"mrrrr."

*puts paws on lap"

"NYUUU????!"

Oh man, it cracks me up every time, especially how high the inflection goes for such a big guy.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

My cat is a bit of a talker, although he talks to himself and not with me. He doesn't "meow" but more of a "mrrrr". 

Unless he comes to my chair, which is often. He doesn't jump onto my lap, but he'll put two paws on my lap in a standing position and then start pawing my arm until I look at him, at which point he sits back down. I haven't figured out what he wants when he does this, but the sound he makes is hilarious.

*walks towards me*

"mrr."

"mrrr."

"mrrrr."

*puts paws on lap"

"NYUUU????!"

Oh man, it cracks me up every time, especially how high the inflection goes for such a big guy.
Mouse does this paws thing but without the talking bit.  He does it when he wants something from me - or anyone who's visiting.  He'll put his paws up on your knee, look up all cute faced over your knees and wait for you to respond.  When he puts his paws down Mouse wants the selected person to get up and do something. He will lead you to what ever it is by gaze or running off in the general direction to show you: a specific toy, hide and seek game, food, 'stupid you you left the kettle on and it's boiling away go sort it out', or 'scoop my litter you negligent slave'. 

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Mouse does this paws thing but without the talking bit.  He does it when he wants something from me - or anyone who's visiting.  He'll put his paws up on your knee, look up all cute faced over your knees and wait for you to respond.  When he puts his paws down Mouse wants the selected person to get up and do something. He will lead you to what ever it is by gaze or running off in the general direction to show you: a specific toy, hide and seek game, food, 'stupid you you left the kettle on and it's boiling away go sort it out', or 'scoop my litter you negligent slave'. 
Thats hilarious! When I get home I pick Ziggy up and love her and she grabs my face and kisses it. But more often then not when I put her down and she points to her food bowl or her litter box XD As a silent hey see that? Its empty, go fix that. Or I pooped, pick it up slave.

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

*walks towards me*

"mrr."

"mrrr."

"mrrrr."

*puts paws on lap"

"NYUUU????!"

I want a video of this XD sounds funny lol

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Well, usually she comes up to me and as soon as I say "hello, WuJu (her most common nickname) she starts with the kneading and purring. So, yes I do.
Cat Purring is so calming x3

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Casper has the strangest sound, probably beacause of the Siamese in him, that is half purr and half meow. He does it when I scratch the base of his tail, or first thing in the morning when I pet him and say good morning. So I think it is a 'happy' sound. Both my cats 'chirp' at each other right before they get together and start grooming each other. That usually leads to some too rough licking and then they end up yowling at each other. That's when 'mom' steps in and tells them to cool it, and they do! 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Thats hilarious! When I get home I pick Ziggy up and love her and she grabs my face and kisses it. But more often then not when I put her down and she points to her food bowl or her litter box XD As a silent hey see that? Its empty, go fix that. Or I pooped, pick it up slave.
    These kitties must have a manual they tune in to somewhere:-)    

Ziggy's pursonality definitely sounds larger than life - one little kitt with catitude.  Lucky you that she's decided it's your heart she wants to capture. 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Didn't you know? The feline mother ship beams instructions to all cats every night.  When your cats suddenly look up at the ceiling and sit there staring, they are receiving the signal from the mothership.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Didn't you know? The feline mother ship beams instructions to all cats every night.  When your cats suddenly look up at the ceiling and sit there staring, they are receiving the signal from the mothership.
  And there was silly old me not realizing that after over 24 years of life with cats. 
     I always thought Mouse had a bit of an 'alien face' look to him!  Now I know why. 

tessag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Neither of my kitties is super vocal, but they both "talk" occasionally.  

My kitten, Lola, meows mostly when she wants food or when we've picked her up and she wants to be put down.  She's 6mo old but she still has the highest pitched little kitten meow ever.  It's SO cute and makes me giggle.  Part of me hopes she never grows out of that little kitten meow.  Recently I've also learned that Lola can growl like a grown dog.  I'm house-sitting for a friend's pooch (who Lola has met before, but not in a while) and Lola is very unimpressed with the new visitor.  I caught her growling at the dog and I swear I thought it was the dog growling at the cat!  

Niko, my older boy, is a little more vocal than Lola.  He also has a wider range of vocalizations.  He's not much of a meow-er, he mostly chirps and chatters.  He will meow when he thinks it's time for me to feed him.  And recently he's been making this odd stretched out meow/howl.  Luckily he's only done it a few times, but it sounds SO awful.  One night I last week had gone to bed early and was almost asleep when my boyfriend came rushing into the bedroom asking "what's wrong???!"  I hadn't said anything.  Turns out it was Niko making that horrible "meowl" sound from another room - my boyfriend thought I was in distress!!  It was pretty funny.  I guess it's a good sign that my boyfriend came to check on me though  

gunnarthecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten, Gunnar, chirps more than he meows. He meows at me when I'm in the kitchen for some reason but anywhere else he chirps. Unless he doesnt know where I am, then he gets this deep whiny meow.lol. Then I call him and he comes running.

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitten, Gunnar, chirps more than he meows. He meows at me when I'm in the kitchen for some reason but anywhere else he chirps. Unless he doesnt know where I am, then he gets this deep whiny meow.lol. Then I call him and he comes running.
awwwhe Ziggy does the same kind of whiny meow and comes running when I call her. Sounds like a lost child XD

Neither of my kitties is super vocal, but they both "talk" occasionally.  

My kitten, Lola, meows mostly when she wants food or when we've picked her up and she wants to be put down.  She's 6mo old but she still has the highest pitched little kitten meow ever.  It's SO cute and makes me giggle.  Part of me hopes she never grows out of that little kitten meow.  Recently I've also learned that Lola can growl like a grown dog.  I'm house-sitting for a friend's pooch (who Lola has met before, but not in a while) and Lola is very unimpressed with the new visitor.  I caught her growling at the dog and I swear I thought it was the dog growling at the cat!  

Niko, my older boy, is a little more vocal than Lola.  He also has a wider range of vocalizations.  He's not much of a meow-er, he mostly chirps and chatters.  He will meow when he thinks it's time for me to feed him.  And recently he's been making this odd stretched out meow/howl.  Luckily he's only done it a few times, but it sounds SO awful.  One night I last week had gone to bed early and was almost asleep when my boyfriend came rushing into the bedroom asking "what's wrong???!"  I hadn't said anything.  Turns out it was Niko making that horrible "meowl" sound from another room - my boyfriend thought I was in distress!!  It was pretty funny.  I guess it's a good sign that my boyfriend came to check on me though  
awwwhe! Lol thats hilarious and cute

lmao XD You found out their secret!

Ziggy's pursonality definitely sounds larger than life - one little kitt with catitude.  Lucky you that she's decided it's your heart she wants to capture. 
yeaaa :D

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whisky used to race around the house at night growling. I'd forgotten that because since blighty came he hardly growls anymore. Blighty's meow is like a squeak. In the morning he let's me stroke him and squeaks and purrs like mad.