Cat mouth skin problems

Emma95kh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all ! I hope eveyone and all the pets are doing well šŸ¤
I am really concerned about my little cat Biscuits.. the corners of her mouth is crusty/ red/ bloody sometimes. It is not sever but it is there ! And it worries me so much ..
i went to our trusted vet, but she said it was not ULCER and its nothing to worry about , but i am worried sick about her..
i appreciate all answers and advice in advance
Thank you šŸ™šŸ»

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's possible that it's feline acne. Did the Vet mention that? Here is another thread with links in it that might be of interest. Using plastic bowls is often the cause, and not washing both food and water dishes with soap and water on at least a daily basis. Some people also clean the affected area (on the cat) with Stridex that doesn't contain alcohol. I can't say for certain though that this is feline acne. If your Vet suspects that what it is, you might give the Stridex a try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emma95kh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hiii !!! Thank you for replying
No the vet didnā€™t mention acne, i do have acne/ sores/ scabs solutions iā€™ll ask the vet if i could use it
I do use only stainless steel bowls. I also clean them every meal because i have a kitten as well and things get messy so easily so fast hahaha šŸ¤šŸ¤

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It also could be allergies. You might want to change food for a while with different ingredients and try that. I would also encourage more water, set several bowls around to get her curious and check them out, then they usually drink. it could be dehydration too.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see I forgot to attach the link I mentioned in my above post, just in case you wanted to view it: Kitten acne??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emma95kh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It also could be allergies. You might want to change food for a while with different ingredients and try that. I would also encourage more water, set several bowls around to get her curious and check them out, then they usually drink. it could be dehydration too.
Ohh , that is interesting!! Iā€™ll definitely ser more water bowls around ..
thank you for your reply ! šŸ¤šŸ™šŸ»