Cat meowing and yowling all night- it’s driving us insane!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
This is amazing 😂
I found a cat out once and called the number and he'd gotten 5 streets over in less than half an hour. They hadn't even noticed he'd gotten out yet and he was a fully indoor cat. He could have used that note for sure!
Haha! Reminds me of that ONE DAY i thought I had lost my cat forever. When I used to live with my parents my oldest cat hid from me real good. I was still a teen at the time. I thought she had gotten out. I looked everywhere in the house but she was gone! So there I was walking down the street, crying and looking all over for her. I know the neighbors seen me, but at the moment I didn’t care because I was so distraught and worried that something had happened to her. I scolded everyone in my house and accused them of leaving the door open. I spent a good amount of time looking for her until I gave up and went back home. I was so angry at my family, I didn’t want to speak to them at all. Well, when I sat in bed I see her crawl out from under the pillow.
After getting hysterical, looking for her frantically, yelled at everyone at home, and cried my butt off down the street in front of the neighbors, she pops out like a daisy from under the pillow. 😂😂😂 I cringe just remembering. I wonder what the neighbors thought😂😂😂 I hid from them for weeks 😂😂😂 now THAT was a-hole-ish of her 😂

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Haha! Reminds me of that ONE DAY i thought I had lost my cat forever. When I used to live with my parents my oldest cat hid from me real good. I was still a teen at the time. I thought she had gotten out. I looked everywhere in the house but she was gone! So there I was walking down the street, crying and looking all over for her. I know the neighbors seen me, but at the moment I didn’t care because I was so distraught and worried that something had happened to her. I scolded everyone in my house and accused them of leaving the door open. I spent a good amount of time looking for her until I gave up and went back home. I was so angry at my family, I didn’t want to speak to them at all. Well, when I sat in bed I see her crawl out from under the pillow.
After getting hysterical, looking for her frantically, yelled at everyone at home, and cried my butt off down the street in front of the neighbors, she pops out like a daisy from under the pillow. 😂😂😂 I cringe just remembering. I wonder what the neighbors thought😂😂😂 I hid from them for weeks 😂😂😂 now THAT was a-hole-ish of her 😂
Oh what a rude hiding game!

No need to cringe, you were worried about your pet's safety.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Guys, the humping has not stopped. 😭

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you stop him from humping, does he return to it immediately? It's not meeting a need anymore.

Perhaps others can voice their opinion as I've always had my cats neutered as soon as the vet would take them. I have more experience with it in dogs and that's what I'd do with a dog.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you stop him from humping, does he return to it immediately? It's not meeting a need anymore.

Perhaps others can voice their opinion as I've always had my cats neutered as soon as the vet would take them. I have more experience with it in dogs and that's what I'd do with a dog.
I'd take the object away and see what happens. Hormones are funny things and it can take quite awhile for them to completely be removed from the system, and there's always the chance that this is just full blown habit by now.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
He humps his bed.

I have tried distracting him by petting him and kissing his head repeatedly followed by picking him up and cuddling him. But when I place him back down he proceeds. I noticed that he does it before laying in it. So I think it might just be his way of getting comfortable? Because he makes bisquits while humping at the same time. I really do want him to break that habit though. I know he’s not hurting anyone but…: yeah. I just don’t want him humping. 😅

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might try putting the bed some where it isn't in your line of sight. Then give him a year or so to get passed being a teenager before you move the bed back to where it is now.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
You might try putting the bed some where it isn't in your line of sight. Then give him a year or so to get passed being a teenager before you move the bed back to where it is now.
Are 1 year olds still considered teens?

Hmm, well if I move his bed he won’t use it. When I first got him the bed he showed no interest. I would put him there and he would get off.
Sometimes he’d be asleep when I would take him to his bed only for him to get up and go back to my bed. Placing it on my bed was the only way he’d lay in it, which I don’t mind. He’s always slept with us in bed. If I take it off he’ll just hump our blankets 😂

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I get it, you don't like being bounced half the night. Understandable.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are 1 year olds still considered teens?

Hmm, well if I move his bed he won’t use it. When I first got him the bed he showed no interest. I would put him there and he would get off.
Sometimes he’d be asleep when I would take him to his bed only for him to get up and go back to my bed. Placing it on my bed was the only way he’d lay in it, which I don’t mind. He’s always slept with us in bed. If I take it off he’ll just hump our blankets 😂
Aww too cute.

Yes he's still in his teens until past 2 years old. He can keep growing until 18 months to 2 years.

We used to think only until 1 year, but as nutrition has gotten better that has changed.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Update:
I should’ve just named him “Humper”…. because he’s still doing it! He only does it when trying to get comfortable before laying in his bed. And it is only his bed that he does it to.
I guess I was late in the game to have him neutered.

RTR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The male Hormones don't leave his system right away it may take 6-8 weeks

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Update:
I should’ve just named him “Humper”…. because he’s still doing it! He only does it when trying to get comfortable before laying in his bed. And it is only his bed that he does it to.
I guess I was late in the game to have him neutered.
At least it's calmed down a bit. ❣ How's he doing otherwise?

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
The male Hormones don't leave his system right away it may take 6-8 weeks
I think it’s been longer than that. He was neutered mid-April. I think he’s forever a bed humper 😩

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
At least it's calmed down a bit. ❣ How's he doing otherwise?
He’s good. He’s actually a lot more affectionate than before. I actually wake up with him sleeping on top of me or curled up next to me, and I’m all for it 😭😭 BUT I’ve also noticed an increased amount of zoomies. So his zoomies are even zoomier.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He’s good. He’s actually a lot more affectionate than before. I actually wake up with him sleeping on top of me or curled up next to me, and I’m all for it 😭😭 BUT I’ve also noticed an increased amount of zoomies. So his zoomies are even zoomier.
Better zoomies than screaming fits 🤣

❣ Giving him DIY puzzles and things may help, or just adding in an extra play session.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Better zoomies than screaming fits 🤣

❣ Giving him DIY puzzles and things may help, or just adding in an extra play session.
I agree. I’ll take zoomies over screamies anytime 😆 I actually love it when he gets the zoomies. To me it’s like he’s happy and comfortable and living his best life with us haha that is— until he starts bouncing off the walls, assaults my daughters Barbies, & knocks over trash can and watches us while we clean the trash that HE spilled 🥲

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trash games ! oh the fun. second only to turning over the litter bin. We ended up with locking trash can for the kitchen. Yes, the kind you put outside. It was good to have a secure trash can for while we were at work. I thought of getting one, one day when I was under the bed getting the egg shells from the far corner by the wall.

But zoomies totally beat yowling.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Trash games ! oh the fun. second only to turning over the litter bin. We ended up with locking trash can for the kitchen. Yes, the kind you put outside. It was good to have a secure trash can for while we were at work. I thought of getting one, one day when I was under the bed getting the egg shells from the far corner by the wall.

Thankfully the litter bin is too heavy for him to turn over. Good thing he only uses his poop box what just that— pooping and peeing. Haha egg shells? 😆 good thing it wasn’t rice. It got all over the floor. Everywhere. Oh, and that was after I had mopped 🙂

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Oh man, this is why I have a trash can with a sensor lid instead of a flip lid because someone who shall not be named (but is definitely the only grey tabby in my house) liked to jump in the trash can. Sometimes you can see her sitting on the bar looking down at the trash can, plotting her revenge, but it's infrequent now that I've had a motion sensor can for 4 years