Cat Lunged And Bit My Face

NyxHemera45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat Sugar has had play aggression problems ever since I got her but recently I think it's going into aggressive territory as she has started biting my face, and legs almost every hour that I am with her.
I've gotten her lots of toys and walks but still not much change.
Now I'm looking more into ways to train her on "that's not ok!" Cause the pain it's causing me is not good for our relationship.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try carrying a penny-can everywhere I go in the house. If she starts hunting you or attacking you, shake the can & tell her no. At the same time 3 times a day really play with her. I mean running around the house with wand toys to get her really moving (and spending her energy on toys not you.) Hopefully 3, 20 minute play sessions will drain her energy? If not, harness walks every day might help.
* A penny-can is an empty soda can with pennies or other small coins in it, with tape on top of it to hold the pennies in. When shaken it creates a LOUD noise that startles cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NyxHemera45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would try carrying a penny-can everywhere I go in the house. If she starts hunting you or attacking you, shake the can & tell her no. At the same time 3 times a day really play with her. I mean running around the house with wand toys to get her really moving (and spending her energy on toys not you.) Hopefully 3, 20 minute play sessions will drain her energy? If not, harness walks every day might help.
* A penny-can is an empty soda can with pennies or other small coins in it, with tape on top of it to hold the pennies in. When shaken it creates a LOUD noise that startles cat.
Never heard of that. I'll try it!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found hissing worked for kitten attacking my feet all the time. You might want to practice a bit before you use it, as you may find you are more spiting than hissing. I think the sound is what works.