Cat loose

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know my nerves are definitely shot over this whole mess! I don’t know how much more I can take.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Losing a pet is one of the worst things to have happen. You just can't mentally walk away from it. Sending good thoughts that the trap works.

sarah430

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know my nerves are definitely shot over this whole mess! I don’t know how much more I can take.
I hear you! It's so stressful I can hardly think straight at work. Knowing that she's still around is a big positive. Also know that her behavior could change quickly. Earlier this spring I hadn't seen Navi for three weeks except on the camera and she wouldn't even come out when I set out food (but would come out within minutes after I left). Then one night something clicked and she started yowling from the bushes, tentatively came out to the garden path and let me feed her treats. I was then able to scoop her up. Just keep trying and I know you'll get her back.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven’t given up but I am very frustrated with the fact that we haven’t caught her yet and it’s been 32 days now. I’m also worried about how the fireworks are going to affect her for the Fourth of July. We haven’t seen her since the 26th I’m hoping once it cools off she will come back out

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how your house is set up or if you have other pets, but could you lock the others in a bedroom and leave your back door open? Could you make a trail of food to the house and inside? Set the cameras up, if she comes in let her work her way deeply into the house. Perhaps one of you can be on the front porch and the other could signal when she's in the house? it might take a couple of days, but with the 4th coming up, it might be worth a try.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would love to try that but she’s not interested in cat food. She’s in survival mode. She’s been hunting for her food for 5 weeks now. I have baited 10 traps with everything a cat might like and she just walks right past. She hasn’t gone feral, just in the fight or flight mode.
we have narrowed down where she’s coming and going from. Now it’s just a matter of catching her. And making sure we have our timing down perfect.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
then skip the food and leave the door open. It might just trigger a memory in her beyond the flight or feral part. Inside smells like home to her. Smell is everything to cats.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have tried leaving the door open for her no luck and I can’t leave it open every night all night because of where I live. Too many other kritters roaming around in my backyard at night.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a shame. Do you own the new trap? Can you disguise it as a nice little kitty house? I mean with her toys and bedding, not just KFC.

I'm only suggesting stuff because all the really experienced and practical people have already offered and you've tried what they said, and, come to think of it what I said.

sending you and Bubbles prayers.

Opossums don't get rabies and they don't bite people unless you squash them. Opossums are really very sweet. Just stay away from raccoons. Throw food away from yourself and the raccoons should go for it.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is the latest type of trap we are trying because she refuses to go near a live trap. I have used 10 live traps and used everything people have suggested. I have even asked experts what to do. They just keep saying that she will hit some threshold and come back. Well that threshold has come and gone many times. Now it’s time to take action and bring her home. I have had 5 weeks of sleepless nights and cried my eyes out many days.

Attachments

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Serious question for y’all. How far would you go to get your kitty back? Seriously? It’s been 5 weeks and one day since my kitty got out of the house. We just narrowed down where she likes to hide, we have a trap set up to catch her when she finally decides to come out to eat. We have been sitting up every night watching for her to come out for food but with the weather being crappy and the moon phase, she hasn’t been out lately.
Exactly how far would you go to get your fur baby back?

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What do y’all think the best treatment is for fleas and ticks after you get your cat back from being displaced for a period of time? Should she be bathed or just a topical treatment? How do you treat your kitties when you get them back home?

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It varies from person to person, but for me, I would go to the ends of the Earth.

I hope you get her back soon. Best of luck.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It varies from person to person, but for me, I would go to the ends of the Earth.

I hope you get her back soon. Best of luck.
My husband and I have 11 cameras and ten live traps and a drop trap set up to catch my cat. We started out with seven game cameras and ended up buying 11 more cameras four hard wired cameras and seven wireless. She walks past the live traps like they aren’t even there so we resorted to building a drop trap. The drops trap works great as long as we don’t get too excited and pull the trigger too soon.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What sort of environment is she in? Would she come.if you sat there and called, with some strong smelling food like fish?

You sound like you really have gone to the ends of the Earth. I hope she comes out soon.