TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want the time of healing

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We aren’t familiar with how your vet did the surgery, so our suggestions may not help. As we’ve said, it takes about three days for the females to feel better. The males should bounce back sooner.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Males will be acting normal tomorrow, females may lay around and not move much for three days. Make sure all are going in the litterbox OK, may not poop for a day or two. Make sure all are drinking lots of water and should be back to eating good tomorrow. If the cone bothers them way too much, remove it, a little licking is OK but if they constantly lick, the cone will have to go on again for a couple of days. I have never used a cone and all of mine were OK. Call the vet tomorrow and ask when that binding can be removed on the females, they look tight. I have never had my females wrapped like that, please take another picture so we can see it. Can you stick your finger under it at all? But your vet should know what they are doing, so follow their advise. The females will be back to feeling good in a week. I would like to see what the incision looks like in a few days to check for infection.
Please keep us informed, I would love to learn more about how they do this in your country, it is different. My heart goes out to you, it must be scary right now seeing your little ones like this!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Males will be acting normal tomorrow, females may lay around and not move much for three days. Make sure all are going in the litterbox OK, may not poop for a day or two. Make sure all are drinking lots of water and should be back to eating good tomorrow. If the cone bothers them way too much, remove it, a little licking is OK but if they constantly lick, the cone will have to go on again for a couple of days. I have never used a cone and all of mine were OK. Call the vet tomorrow and ask when that binding can be removed on the females, they look tight. I have never had my females wrapped like that, please take another picture so we can see it. Can you stick your finger under it at all? But your vet should know what they are doing, so follow their advise. The females will be back to feeling good in a week. I would like to see what the incision looks like in a few days to check for infection.
Please keep us informed, I would love to learn more about how they do this in your country, it is different. My heart goes out to you, it must be scary right now seeing your little ones like this!
Binding is removed now only a small bandage is there now

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good. The binding must be put on after surgery to hold the incision firmly. Please tell us how they all are doing today, you must be very relieved to get this all out of the way. You will All have a happier life now!

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good. The binding must be put on after surgery to hold the incision firmly. Please tell us how they all are doing today, you must be very relieved to get this all out of the way. You will All have a happier life now!
They are very good today but ,,the flank spay is more important than midline spay tell me

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard many good things about the flank spay, very few vets do it here, I don't know why. All my cats were abdomen midline spay, all I noticed that changed over the years is that the incision got much smaller. The last one was only about an inch and a half long,or 38mm. If I had a choice, I would choose the flank spay, I have heard the healing time is better and shorter. I am so glad to hear your little ones are better. I saw the pictures and it was scary.

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have heard many good things about the flank spay, very few vets do it here, I don't know why. All my cats were abdomen midline spay, all I noticed that changed over the years is that the incision got much smaller. The last one was only about an inch and a half long,or 38mm. If I had a choice, I would choose the flank spay, I have heard the healing time is better and shorter. I am so glad to hear your little ones are better. I saw the pictures and it was scary.
My all the cats are well MASHAALLAH,,they all are playful i take care of them but my cats done with flank spay,,the pictures are horrible because They all are in anesthesia

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, it was hard to look at! I'm glad they are all playful, all you have to watch for now is infection. Rarely happens. I'm glad they had a flank spay, easier on them and easier to watch. Watch for oozing green or yellow, a little clear with blood is normal. There may be swelling, normal, but very hot to touch is bad. They will feel a little warm to the touch because they got shaved. Please send pictures if you can, I want to see your little ones! I am so computer illiterate I cannot post pictures, but I love all cats!