Cat Health Article

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
but i am worried about my cats when he saw that he had no more his balls left and my female cat also suffers from inside pain,,dr gives them anaesthia is anesthia is harmful for cats?
And also my female is 4 months old is it okk for her

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If i neuter my male cat and spay my female cat is there any problem with them after sterilization health affects please suggest me they had any affect on their health
And also my female is 4 months old is it okk for her
Reread the thread and my previous comments. Cats can be safely neutered and spayed at two pounds or two months.

If you go to a good vet, there should not be any side effects from the anesthesia or the surgery. Your female should be given pain medication for three days, and then should feel normal again. Your male cat has no concept of his balls; that's a human concern.

You are endangering their health by not spaying and neutering. You will have all of your cats mating and fighting violently before you know it. This is not optional at all in your case.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had over 50 cats under anesthesia and no problems. Your vet should know exactly what kind and how much to give. Cats don't have our thinking process, your male will never know for sure what happened. He will just wake up and be different, and happier. I have never had a cat 'freak out' or act depressed or anything. They are back to acting normal in one day. Fe,ales take a couple of days because it is a major surgery compared to the boys.

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had over 50 cats under anesthesia and no problems. Your vet should know exactly what kind and how much to give. Cats don't have our thinking process, your male will never know for sure what happened. He will just wake up and be different, and happier. I have never had a cat 'freak out' or act depressed or anything. They are back to acting normal in one day. Fe,ales take a couple of days because it is a major surgery compared to the boys.
My 2 female and 2 male cat is spayed and neutered just now but one is slowly comes conscious but all 3 are unconscious and not active i am very worried about them should they back normal in their behaviour when will anaesthia would get off

Attachments

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good that you got them all spayed and neutered. Are they just sleepy? I've never had a cat go unconscious at home. The vet usually wakes them up before they come home.

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's good that you got them all spayed and neutered. Are they just sleepy? I've never had a cat go unconscious at home. The vet usually wakes them up before they come home.
they just sleepy ,,means (behosh) ,they do not blink their eyes,my vet come to my house for doing this process,,just now all they are spayed,,when they will come conscious after anaesthhesia

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vets here usually keep them until they come out of anesthesia. Mine are at the vets for 8 hours, and are still groggY. It can take up to an hour and a half for them to wake up. They should maybe be in a carrier or other smaller place so tehy don't hurt themselves if they thrash around. Are they home? or still at the vets? They should be monitored, they can hurt themselves when first waking up. They need to be kept warm, no food or water until they are walking well. I've never seen one with the belly wrapped either, when does that come off, it looks tight. I'm sure different countries have different methods. Please watch for vomiting too, a big problem if they ate before surgery. PLEASE keep me posted on how they are doing!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, vets here stay with them until they wake up. Did the vet already leave? Please let us know what happens.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They need to have their eyes closed once in a while, the vet should have gave you some drops to put in. Please call the vet and ask first, do they need moistened? Do you have any bottled water you could warm just to room temperature and put one drop in their eyes? Or close their lids if you can, their eyes shouldn't be allowed to dry out.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did your cats wake up yet? We are really worried. Vets in the U.S. don't just leave the cats, they stay with them until they wake up. I hope everything will be okay. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Please let us know.

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did your cats wake up yet? We are really worried. Vets in the U.S. don't just leave the cats, they stay with them until they wake up. I hope everything will be okay. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Please let us know.
Yes they wake up but little bit difficult to walk 4hours gone,,but they are not fully awake,,please suggest me some carefull tips for my neutered male and spayed female and when should i gave them food,,and when they are fully awake

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes they wake up but little bit difficult to walk 4hours gone,,but they are not fully awake,,please suggest me some carefull tips for my neutered male and spayed female and when should i gave them food,,and when they are fully awake And my male cat is very much sleepy they both not come awake

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang on, I'll ask di and bob, she would know. I'm angry at your vet for leaving you alone to deal with this.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they moving at all? They will still be groggy and not moving well after 4 hours. I get mine later than that and they still can't walk well. Keep them quite and warm. They shouldn't eat until they are walking around better, a tiny bit of water wouldn't hurt, but they must be walking first, but not perfectly. The swallowing reflex is still not working perfectly either. They should all be moving around some. The stumbling and falling over will last a few more hours, watch them so they don't get hurt, or keep them in a carrier or cage.
Four at once must be awful for you, I pray everything goes all right.

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are they moving at all? They will still be groggy and not moving well after 4 hours. I get mine later than that and they still can't walk well. Keep them quite and warm. They shouldn't eat until they are walking around better, a tiny bit of water wouldn't hurt, but they must be walking first, but not perfectly. The swallowing reflex is still not working perfectly either. They should all be moving around some. The stumbling and falling over will last a few more hours, watch them so they don't get hurt, or keep them in a carrier or cage.[/QUOTE
Yaa they able to walk but not perfectly,,but please suggest me some careful tips for my males cat

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are they moving at all? They will still be groggy and not moving well after 4 hours. I get mine later than that and they still can't walk well. Keep them quite and warm. They shouldn't eat until they are walking around better, a tiny bit of water wouldn't hurt, but they must be walking first, but not perfectly. The swallowing reflex is still not working perfectly either. They should all be moving around some. The stumbling and falling over will last a few more hours, watch them so they don't get hurt, or keep them in a carrier or cage.
Four at once must be awful for you, I pray everything goes all right.
Yaa they able to move bit not exactly perfectly, i give some foods for them,,please tell me when the anaesthesia is fully off,,and some careful tips for my male cats

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
anesthesia won't be off for at least 8 hours after surgery. What do you need to know for your male cats? Keep them quite, there should be a little blood, but no heavy bleeding, they will recover much quicker then the females. If they can eat and drink, that is good! watch for choking though!

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
B
anesthesia won't be off for at least 8 hours after surgery. What do you need to know for your male cats? Keep them quite, there should be a little blood, but no heavy bleeding, they will recover much quicker then the females. If they can eat and drink, that is good! watch for choking though!
But my male cats wants to clean his surgery part,,he is very comfortable with cone head cap also he wants to clean his part,,,and what is the time of healing male and female surgery

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are all questions that you should ask your vet. What does your vet recommend for feeding and length of time with cone?

It’s great that you were able to get them all spayed and neutered so quickly.

sanam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yaa i know but i also want some suggestions from you