Cat abuse - help report this and stop the cruelty

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was one "dog rescue" video I happened to click on, and I thought it might be legit. There weren't too many ticks, of different sizes, the ticks were close to the skin under the fur, they were combing the ticks into a can. . .ok, looks like me after my dogs have been romping in the woods. BUT, they were just casually combing the dog (haha, no; it's hard to get the tines under the tick's mouth), when they wiped the ticks off the comb they looked. . .flaky? not squishy like real ticks, there was no blood, and the ticks weren't crawling around in the can afterward. So, that's just weird. I mean, what are people getting out of this? It wasn't even the fetish-y type of video; it was fairly dimly lit and grainy. Do they really get enough clicks on a low-quality video to justify faking ticks? It takes time, money, and effort to glue beans to dogs, ya know.

The internet is a weird weird place.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hooray! Thanks for the update! Hopefully without hits, they might stop.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It seems that these fake tick videos are the latest scamming craze.

I found a couple more channels that seem to have been made by the same person who posted the last video we reported. I've reported all the channels I could find. Hopefully YouTube will take them down too.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems that these fake tick videos are the latest scamming craze.

I found a couple more channels that seem to have been made by the same person who posted the last video we reported. I've reported all the channels I could find. Hopefully YouTube will take them down too.
Jeez this stabs me in the heart. This person should be brought up on charges. Is there any way to report this officially? It may be fake but the cats are being tortured. 💔😿 I guess there isn’t much to be done if the horrible person is in another country. Sometimes I just hate people.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only animal videos I watch are from Dodo. I had no idea these types of videos existed but unfortunately, I am not surprised. People can make serious money off YouTube to the point that they will do anything for views.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
The only animal videos I watch are from Dodo. I had no idea these types of videos existed but unfortunately, I am not surprised. People can make serious money off YouTube to the point that they will do anything for views.
Gluing coffee beans to cats is actually pretty tame compared to some of the messed up stuff on there. Not saying it justifies it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Working my way through them.
Go to Report, then:
Violent or repulsive content > Animal abuse
Write something like.. This is blatant animal abuse. You have already removed one account for this activity. Please remove them all.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
They stop you from reporting after a certain amount. I'll have to come back to continue.
That first link still allows comments.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Working my way through them.
Go to Report, then:
Violent or repulsive content > Animal abuse
Write something like.. This is blatant animal abuse. You have already removed one account for this activity. Please remove them all.
I didn’t get the choice of animal abuse in the you tube drop down list. I had to choose child abuse but I clarified that in the comments section. Wtf is the mater with the human race? This just kills me.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Reported and commented on as to why they’re fake and abusive. Thank you for doing the leg work here.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I didn’t get the choice of animal abuse in the you tube drop down list. I had to choose child abuse but I clarified that in the comments section. *** is the mater with the human race? This just kills me.
Have you tried Violent or repulsive content and then Animal abuse from the drop down menu under/associated with it?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Violent or repulsive content and then Animal abuse from the drop down menu under/associated with it?
That works if you do each video separately. If you go to the about page and click the flag to report the user in general, that's not an option. Since I don't want to click on each video, that's what I'm doing and reporting it as a scam and adding your sentences about animal abuse.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That works if you do each video separately. If you go to the about page and click the flag to report the user in general, that's not an option. Since I don't want to click on each video, that's what I'm doing and reporting it as a scam and adding your sentences about animal abuse.
Ya I have. I’ve reported each video individually.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've reported the individual videos and the channels.

To report the channel, go to their main page, select About and then click the flag icon on the right. This gives you a choice of things to report them for (I chose scams). You can then click through all the videos on the channels and post a comment at the end if you want to.

Hope YouTube does something about this.