Cat abuse - help report this and stop the cruelty

Help_Report_Animal_Abuse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can everyone please help spread the word that someone is posting 100’s cat tick removal videos on YouTube using the same cats and abusing them by allowing them to get ticks so they can post it and get millions of hits. They use the same white cat with an Orange tail since it was a kitten to fully grown. These cats have 1/2 the body covered in ticks which she then removes with tweezers and they are making a ton of money while abusing these cats by allowing them to get the ticks.

Please help they are posting on YouTube under the name “irescue animal” and have 90 videos created in the last month of cats with 100’s of ticks which they professionally video and remove. This is fake and abuse. Please help report this and share the story. They need to be removed from YouTube.

please help report this abuse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Help_Report_Animal_Abuse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can also see in the description for the video they are using all the keywords to help promote and get more clicks. Some people might think these are real but how could you make 90 videos in a month of something that is normally very rare and should not be occurring over and over again to the same cat.

To our members
Please know that these videos are disturbing.

H Help_Report_Animal_Abuse what criteria are you using to report? It's appalling.
I am not sure what to do, I clicked on the report abuse button on YouTube. I don’t know any else to do. I assume this is a food forum to ask for help. I only joined to report this. Thanks for your help I probably will not post anything else just trying to stop this before they make more videos of who knows what.

Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for putting this out there.

I absolutely agree that something needs to be done. I'm working my way through all the videos, reporting them.

If you are reporting, go with:
Violent or Repulsive Content > Animal abuse.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for putting this out there.

I absolutely agree that something needs to be done. I'm working my way through all the videos, reporting them.

If you are reporting, go with:
Violent or Repulsive Content > Animal abuse.
I didn't read this well enough and reported under the wrong thing, whoops.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Help_Report_Animal_Abuse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wasn’t sure I could post a link but here it is. They keep posting more videos so please report them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still so disturbed. It makes my head itch. I can't watch. And how do they have so many followers that think that this is okay.

I hope youtube takes them down soon. Hopefully if they can't get views they'll stop this abuse.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it makes anyone feel better, the videos are faked. I watched a couple and they aren't actually removing implanted engorged ticks. I live in the country and have 4 dogs, trust me, I know ticks, lol. They take a lot of force to remove, and if they're engorged the bodies will pop if you have any pressure on them. But in the videos it doesn't take much effort to remove them, and they have the tweezers on the tick's body too. Plus removal causes some bleeding, and I didn't see any blood. In one case there was white gooey stuff that pulled away with the tick. For those that do have the things glued on fairly well so it has a more realistic pull, the things are obviously glued to the fur not the skin. One of them showed a cat with their ears full of these things and their ears still stood up. . .even one engorged tick on a cat's ear is heavy enough to make it flop down. So these things are lightweight at least.

Which makes sense because a healthy cat does not allow ticks to stay where they can reach them, and it takes ticks a week to get that engorged. It would be impractical to even try to get that many ticks to stay on a cat that long, without the cat either biting the ticks off or else dying from blood loss.

So anyway they're gluing weird things (pinto beans? Plastic beads? Watermelon seeds? I can't tell but they don't have little feet sticking out either) to cats, which isn't exactly nice but at least they aren't letting cats get bitten by hundreds of ticks repeatedly. So definitely go on reporting them, but at least feel a little better about the tick situation :).

I am disgusted that this is a thing, though, people are gross.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
This person has a lot of YouTube channels with similar videos. Here they've even covered their own hand in ticks, or fake ticks or whatever they are. They're obviously getting some kind of thrill out of it.

What disturbs me is how many subscribers their channels have. Is this some new perversion I haven't heard of? People getting off to videos about bug infestation?

:cringe:

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it makes anyone feel better, the videos are faked. I watched a couple and they aren't actually removing implanted engorged ticks. I live in the country and have 4 dogs, trust me, I know ticks, lol. They take a lot of force to remove, and if they're engorged the bodies will pop if you have any pressure on them. But in the videos it doesn't take much effort to remove them, and they have the tweezers on the tick's body too. Plus removal causes some bleeding, and I didn't see any blood. In one case there was white gooey stuff that pulled away with the tick. For those that do have the things glued on fairly well so it has a more realistic pull, the things are obviously glued to the fur not the skin. One of them showed a cat with their ears full of these things and their ears still stood up. . .even one engorged tick on a cat's ear is heavy enough to make it flop down. So these things are lightweight at least.

Which makes sense because a healthy cat does not allow ticks to stay where they can reach them, and it takes ticks a week to get that engorged. It would be impractical to even try to get that many ticks to stay on a cat that long, without the cat either biting the ticks off or else dying from blood loss.

So anyway they're gluing weird things (pinto beans? Plastic beads? Watermelon seeds? I can't tell but they don't have little feet sticking out either) to cats, which isn't exactly nice but at least they aren't letting cats get bitten by hundreds of ticks repeatedly. So definitely go on reporting them, but at least feel a little better about the tick situation :).

I am disgusted that this is a thing, though, people are gross.
I totally agree with you. Those are not ticks on the head. Absolutely correct that they do not come off that easily and they generally do not leave any kind of “goo” string as they’re coming off. And yes I don’t see any feet. And ticks do not have a line going down the center of them like oatmeal. And they wouldn’t all congregating just one place. I’ve seen many tick infestations and they’re always all over the body, not just in one place. I noticed the comments are shut off on that video. I don’t think those are real ticks. Something is definitely very wrong with that scenario and yes they should be reported. That cat actually acts likes it it is a sedated. Though not real, it is very disturbing in many levels. Sick freakin people.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This person has a lot of YouTube channels with similar videos. Here they've even covered their own hand in ticks, or fake ticks or whatever they are. They're obviously getting some kind of thrill out of it.

What disturbs me is how many subscribers their channels have. Is this some new perversion I haven't heard of? People getting off to videos about bug infestation?

:cringe:
Anything for a click? I want saw this young girl try to eat a live octopus on YouTube. it bit her in the face. I was glad.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I reported. One of those videos is actually playing "Amazing Grace" as the background music.
It’s not real fionasmom fionasmom . Those are not ticks on the head. they just do not come off that easily and they generally do not leave any kind of “goo” string as they’re coming off. And I don’t see any feet. And ticks do not have a line going down the center of them like oatmeal. And they wouldn’t all congregating just one place. I’ve seen many tick infestations and they’re always all over the body, not just in one place. I noticed the comments are shut off on that video. I don’t think those are real ticks. Something is definitely very wrong with that scenario and yes they should be reported. That cat actually acts likes it it is a sedated. Though not real, it is very disturbing in many levels. and that music in the background......seriously unnerving. Sick freakin people. And I did report it.

Last edited: