Cat abuse - help report this and stop the cruelty

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This person has a lot of YouTube channels with similar videos. Here they've even covered their own hand in ticks, or fake ticks or whatever they are. They're obviously getting some kind of thrill out of it.

What disturbs me is how many subscribers their channels have. Is this some new perversion I haven't heard of? People getting off to videos about bug infestation?

:cringe:
Lol, you can even see the glue. And no bites. Ticks actually have to bite in order to suck blood, duh. My Collie has a big ol' scab where I took a tick off his ear last week.

With the people, I kind of wish they were real ticks ;). Can you imagine someone walking around with a hand full of ticks for a week, just for the clicks?

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This person has a lot of YouTube channels with similar videos. Here they've even covered their own hand in ticks, or fake ticks or whatever they are. They're obviously getting some kind of thrill out of it.

What disturbs me is how many subscribers their channels have. Is this some new perversion I haven't heard of? People getting off to videos about bug infestation?

:cringe:
There are more sick perversions that one can imagine out there. I can’t understand how people get that way.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Show makes you wonder what the heck is the matter with that person though
It's pretty sick, even to sedate their cat to glue stuff on them. And anyone who would watch it. I know people are into stuff like that Dr Pimple Popper, but on innocent animals it just seems more wrong.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's pretty sick, even to sedate their cat to glue stuff on them. And anyone who would watch it. I know people are into stuff like that Dr Pimple Popper, but on innocent animals it just seems more wrong.
yesyesyes. 🙁 😢

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
While we're discussing these things, it's worth pointing out that people fake rescue videos, too. Often dogs:
but cats as well. Animals are profoundly harmed so people can get a load of youtube clicks.:censored:
As the article says, only watch videos that come from bonefide rescues.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Makes me feel a bit better knowing they are fake bugs. YouTube is full of weird and disturbing stuff. People eating laundry pods, pimple popping, and more.

It's still misleading, what if someone actually attempts to remove a tick this way? It could really hurt their pet. You have to get the head and mouthpiece.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Once I got a grip, I began to think that this had to be faked. I have never seen a tick, however, in my part of the world. The idea behind it bothers me though because there is a element of enjoyment in thinking about an animal being seriously in pain or discomfort. It does make me think that some sick people are watching these and laughing.

There was a fake rescue case out here which involved dogs with burns. I don't actually know the whole story as I could not read it all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Help_Report_Animal_Abuse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Real or fake would you let someone do this to your cat or dog? I would not they are not happy about it and it is encouraging more behavior I do not agree with the videos. Nothing good comes from videos like this. Someone could say hey look how many hits they get let me go stick a car in box with ticks then remove them and get millions of hits. It’s not a good thing to have these videos either way.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd never allow that for my cat, and I hope the videos are taken down soon, but as someone who is extremely squeamish to bugs, it is helpful to know those weren't real bugs in the thumbnails.

Still very disturbing, though.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Real or fake would you let someone do this to your cat or dog? I would not they are not happy about it and it is encouraging more behavior I do not agree with the videos. Nothing good comes from videos like this. Someone could say hey look how many hits they get let me go stick a car in box with ticks then remove them and get millions of hits. It’s not a good thing to have these videos either way.
Absolutely... they are still glueing these things all over kittens and pulling them off.. It's a terrible thing to do.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
This is an actual tick infestation for reference

The ones in the video don't really resemble these much other than shape. I don't think they even have head pieces in the video.

In this photo you can see the head piece and the legs if you zoom in. You can also see a scab where one has been scratched off by the dog.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is an actual tick infestation for reference

The ones in the video don't really resemble these much other than shape. I don't think they even have head pieces in the video.

In this photo you can see the head piece and the legs if you zoom in. You can also see a scab where one has been scratched off by the dog.
Exactly.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Makes me feel a bit better knowing they are fake bugs. YouTube is full of weird and disturbing stuff. People eating laundry pods, pimple popping, and more.

It's still misleading, what if someone actually attempts to remove a tick this way? It could really hurt their pet. You have to get the head and mouthpiece.
Gawd, people are so crackers.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if it is just coffee beans or whatever glued to the fur it still isn't nice. Anyone who has had gum in their hair knows how painful it can be to pull it out.

Interesting how the comments section is turned off on both the videos and the channel. Any legitimate user would encourage viewer input and even reply to the comments.