Can A House Cat Turn Feral?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok I'm trying so hard to save money to get her fixed but shes so loving when it's just her and I

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Also I try to play with her before I leave for the day and I feed her when I eat so we have breakfast together and dinner together I make sure she has a lot of food so when shes hungry she will eat during the day and Sandwich comes in the morning to play with her for a bit her owner doesn't want her in my room she says cat nip is not good for them

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd just say to not take cat advice from your roommate at this point.

Catnip is safe and can be enjoyable for cats who are sensitive to it.

Catnip does act sort of like a drug making them either hyper (if smelled) or sedated (if ingested). But they aren't addicted to it like humans can get addicted and they aren't likely to overdose (yes, they can technically overdose if they ingest a large quantity but the same is true of ingesting a large quantity of anything that is normally safe and an overdose of catnip is mostly going to result in vomiting not death). If a cat is over exposed to catnip they can become less affected to it instead of what happens with humans and needing more of it. Overall, it is a safe natural product that makes your cat happy for about ten minutes at a time nothing wrong with that in my opinion. As long as you are allowing your cat to decide to get into the catnip and not forcing their face into it I have no problem with it

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you apply for the SNAP certificate, you can use another vet office. Not all vet offices accept SNAP so call around and ask. Here's the application: Survey - SNAP Application - MSPCA-Angell

I used the SNAP certificate years ago. I was taking my cat to a low cost clinic in the neighborhood at the time. The neuter was done at a full service hospital affiliated with the clinic.

Are you in the city? The MSPCA's Shalit-Glazer Clinic offers low cost spay / nueter for city residents. Low Cost Spay/Neuter for Cats in Boston • MSPCA-Angell

If you're in certain neighborhoods within the city, the Clinic offers this low cost spay / neuter option for just $10: $10 Spay/Neuter for Cats in Dorchester, Mattapan, Hyde Park and Roxbury • MSPCA-Angell

Proof of residency and financial need may be required.

I have no idea what the appointment wait time for the Clinic is.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
So I'm north of boston like methuen ma so they have a mspca I'm calling to make a appointment their soon I have to schedule one asap I'm hoping they can get us in soon