Bought a cat tree, Angel not interested.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I laughed when you said you showed your cat how to use the scratching post. I did same thing with Lily's cat house down on my knees scraping my nails along the posts and saying "See, here like this. This is where you do it" and of course no reaction.

What we do for our cats is always a good laugh.
Oh yes, this is familiar, I have often shown mine which is for scratching, bending fingers to look like a claws, then clawing away to scratching post or whatever is one I need to show them to, chin up, almost closed eyes, throwing head from side to side while clawing and making cat sounds that they make when having mad hour startup which starts by clawing and making those sounds. Sure, it might look and sound crazy for any hooman, but for cats it is just one who has terrible accent and no proper smell from clawing :D

Sometimes I have had to go as far as cheek rub the object to make them think that is then marked as good thing that can be used, even they must wonder what is the point of cheek rub if you don't add proper scent, oh you hairless monkey? But at least it gets their attention and soon most curious one examines and when that happens rest are soon to follow, at least in few days afterwards :D

Few hate changes, they at least pretend to ignore anything new, but they do use new stuff secretly, it takes bit longer for them to use new stuff when I'm around.

I guess it depends a bit which kind of cat one has, they seem to be different also when it comes to accepting new stuff.