Black Beauty

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
We pulled this handsome guy from a shelter where he lived in a cage for one and a half years. Obviously he isnt a purebred cat by any means, but the shape of his face is different than any of the other rescues we have had, I was wondering if this was indicative of a specific breed? He is a big, lanky boy too!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
You're right that he *is* a Domestic Shorthair. He does have a wedge-shaped head and long body, which could indicate a cross with a cat in the Siamese family somewhere in his history, but short of a DNA test, it is impossible to know for certain. He is gorgeous!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Beautiful boy!

He looks a bit like my Jiro.

Jiro was a feral born kitten. He has the Japanese bob-tail gene, but so do most feral cats around here.

Does your cat have a name yet? Are you keeping him or just fostering?

Thank you for saving him, he deserves a good life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
His name is Colby, from the shelter we pulled him from! We are just fostering! He was one of four long term cats that we pulled from them, everyone else has been adopted. We have been working on socializing him more before finding him a home, but I think he is ready now!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WOW!  I'm glad you linked this thread.  He's GORGEOUS!  He looks, as @Abyeb  said, as if he may well have some Siamese or Abyssinian h in his background somewhere.  I call it "that meesy look."  (there is also a "meesy voice, and H. Renee, AKA Hekitty, has one).   VERY wedge-faced, like the old Egyptian statues.  God knows what he is, but he's a doll!