Best Vacuum For Cat Fur

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a paper towel and a hand held shark vacuum on my 72inch tower. My hands for the final touch. What do you use? I plan on cutting an old sheet and putting it over where she sits. Then it will be easily to clean with a sticky roller

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Got nothing - but I do like your sheet and sticky roller idea!!!

But, just an idea - You can use elastic and pins to strap the sheet to the underside of where she sits in order to ensure it stays in place, and is easy to remove for washing!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sheet is a great idea. It would also work for that favorite chair.
I've used duck tape. Pull off enough to go around my hand and clean with that. Link rollers, I misplace them.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ghostbuster vacuum!!! How could you not love it????

DustyPatches

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dyson handheld vacuum! This is be far, the best vacuum to remove fur. I used to use lint roller. Very clean too! But went through a lot of lint refills. It was getting a bit too much.

Decided to get a handheld vacuum and Dyson is the top brand. After using it, we see why it's the top brand. The weight is alright and the suction power was great! The brush head works so well. It also suck up micro dust in the process. Making it extra clean.

It was so good that I not only use it on my couch, I also use it for my floor. But the short reach was back breaking. Mine's a Dyson V6. It's no longer in production. I helped you look around and V7 is the oldest(but still newer and better tech than my V6) and cheapest model now still selling. If you'd wanna get a vacuum, I highly recommend:
Dyson V7 Trigger Handheld (most basic and cheapest)
Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick (similar to the basic, but includes additional long cleaner head to vacuum the floor)
Dyson Cyclone V10 (or just go for the latest, most powerful model?)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a damp washcloth to wipe up the hair from things like furniture or towers. It works the best for me, a vacuum just doesn't seem to do it. Use an old washcloth because I just throw it away when I am done, it is gross the amount of hair it picks up!

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to know what the best "affordable" vacuum is for cat hair. And it also has to be compact, because I have no place to store it. I've been searching for this elusive vacuum for awhile.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For floors, I absolutely love the Shark Duoclean. It has two rollers, one soft for dust and hair. It picks up hair and dust off the floor like no other. Both hard floors and carpet. I go through so many vacuums it's ridiculous, but THIS one has been the best by far!

kurothecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think bagged vacuumes are the best.
WindTunnel T-Series Bagged Upright Vacuum

Jackattack0101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a dyson and it does an ok job at cleaning up most of the hair but using a rubber brush or glove works so much better. You just rub it along the carpet or furniture and you can get all the hair that a vacuum can't

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This entire conversation has made me decide I need to make a new dog breed that can only survive on a diet of pre-shed cat hair.

I did do the squee-gie idea, and it got a lot off the cat tree after vacuuming. Very good idea!
A few years ago we got a flea problem. We vacuumed every inch of the rooms the cats go in, twice daily, religiously with a mid-priced house vac. After a week, the house was virtually hair free.
If possible I do think daily vacuuming will do a lot to cut down on the hair thing.
(We're not hypocritical. We slacked off, a lot, and I think the dust bunnies under the couch just had a litter of 12. ;))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Squeegee is the solution if you do it regularly.

heaab19si

Meowla Hooch
Kitten
Purraise
For floors, I absolutely love the Shark Duoclean. It has two rollers, one soft for dust and hair. It picks up hair and dust off the floor like no other. Both hard floors and carpet. I go through so many vacuums it's ridiculous, but THIS one has been the best by far!

Seconding the Shark DuoClean. It's amazing with cat hair and scattered litter on all different types of carpet and hard floor. Expensive, but worth it. I've also used the Dyson Animal in the past but the DuoClean is lighter, quieter, and is incredibly well designed.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
What about all the litter between the carpet and wall? I am in an apt so I can't lift the carpet up. If I ever move the apt should be litter free.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Shark also. I don't remember which at the moment and this couch is entirely too comfy to go look. ;) I got it at Walmart a few years ago. It does a good job as a floor vacuum.

I like the edging tool. It does a nice job on litter, paper and crumbs around the walls or table legs. It doesn't do the best on the cat tree; but it might have if it had been kept up better.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a paper towel and a hand held shark vacuum on my 72inch tower. My hands for the final touch. What do you use? I plan on cutting an old sheet and putting it over where she sits. Then it will be easily to clean with a sticky roller
It's been a week since I used linen for covers. My cat Maggie has not used it since. It used to be her favorite sleeping spot! I will take them off tonight