Belle's New Sister

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here in Kiev, like most places, there is a big problem with stray cats and unwanted kitten so when we took Belle to our local vet,(literally next door), and fouund that they had been looking after an unwanted black kitten for 6months we had to meet her. Aza is very sweet and weare going through a long period of adjustment with Belle while we treat an eye infection on Aza but they should meet in the fur in a couple of days so please wish us luck.
Paul, Alina, Belle and our Gypsy Queen Aza

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
You're awesome for taking this sweet kitty in! I'd love to see pictures!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Paul9856 Paul9856 , IMG_2906.GIF to TCS.

Thank you for helping this kitty. Bless your heart.

I see that you've found your way around the site already. Be sure also to check out the many important reads in the Articles section and yes, please post photos of your kitties :wink:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. So good of you to take in Aza, I hope she and Belle get to be friends quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is Aza, The rescue situation in Kiev is very strange to my (British) eyes, as far as I know there are no municipal or charity shelters and all rescue is being done at a local level, In Aza's case our vet knew the owner who was keeping Aza as a 2 month old "под даша" which I hope translates as in a unheated and unlit cellar. Ira, the vet, brought Aza to her practice to spend winter in the warm and was basically fed and kept out of her pocket. Medicine is a serious cost here so while Belle is fully vaccinated protected Aza will be vaccinated next week - the local practice is to leave a week after any other treatments such as profender.

Aza and Belle have now met and if I have any concerns it is that Belle may be feeling out of sorts wih this young upstart but they are still sleeping seperately and are ok eating about a yard apart - just out of sight through an open door.

So thanks for your wishes and I will be very happy for any advice

Regards

Paul, Alina, Belle and our Gypsy Queen Aza
P1010356 (2).JPG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a special photo thread where you can show off Aza's picture, if you feel like: Black Cats Only

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
As long as there's no fighting, a little hissing to claim personal space and no squabbling, it's ok. It's kinda that they accepted each other but it's like you mind your own business and I mind mine.

Maybe in time to come they'll get closer as they live together.