Beastie Band Fitting Question

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. I did make sure the Velcro didn't touch her, but she still had trouble anyway. This is why I switched to the Kitty Convict breakaway, which she also scratches at -- though less so in the past day or two.

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I certainly hope so. I've read that some cats just never adjust, and living in a semi-rural area, I don't want to remove it. Even though she's an indoor cat (and always has been), and even as careful as we are and will continue to be, we all know that unpredictable things happen, and I'd never, ever want her to end up outdoors, lost, and at risk.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes they fight whats best for them. When my 2 were over grooming I got so I'd try to distract them by petting and talking to them in calming tones when I'd see them start to groom their spots. I do it now when I see them licking those spots. I think it helps. So maybe you can try that when you see her going after the collar? Pet her and talk to her about how it's good for her and all that.

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, good advice. And when I pet her, I make sure to rub softly under her neck and chin, which I think also helps her calm down about wearing it.