The Right Balance

Grey Rodent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My three year old indoor cat is currently fed Applaws complementary wet cat food in the morning, James Wellbeloved complete wet food in the evening and Burns complete dry food down for her at all times. She fully eats the morning wet feed, grazes on her dry food throughout the day, but tends to turn up her nose at the evening wet feed. Would her nutrition lack anything if she was fed complementary wet twice a day?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure she would be getting all the nutrients she needs by feeding complimentary food. Try mixing a little dry food into the James Wellbeloved or crush some of the wet and use as a topper. You could also sprinkle some Fortiflora on top of the wet.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You can also try giving her some Applaws AND some of the James Wellbeloved in the morning and repeat at the evening meal - in separate dishes and/or mixed. If there is any chance that she just eats enough of her dry food throughout the day that she isn't really all that hungry for her second meal, then this might let you know that is the case - or you may find out she just isn't into the JW food.

I don't know what all is in the JW food, but perhaps she would prefer a more limited ingredient food like Applaws - but, that is nutritionally complete.