Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's nosey time for my cats right now. They're just walking from room to room, checking everything out. Guess they are securing their premises before they flop down for a nap.

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Margd  I can understand, my family had dogs my whole life, before my sister and I adopted cats, so I knew to make sure not to leave my little butterball (Binx) unsupervised during feedings.

Hilariously, they started getting along better when I hid all of their toys, save each's favorite, and they were forced to acknowledge each other as a permanent fixture. Ignoring them also helped, because apparently the fights were all about attention/jealousy -_- I woke up this morning to a fuzzball on each side of my bed (at my feet, which was a strange feeling).

I'm eating ice cream,right now, and watching the two lovable fuzzballs watch something (side by side) out of one of my windows.

guslizsid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey everyone, i'm off to an adoption event, i'm so sorry i haven't had time for this it looks like so much fun(except maybe for the moderators apparently). i hope everyone has a good day & if it's hot where you are(like it is here)hope everyone can stay cool. will check back later if i can! hope people will get out & adopt, if you're in nyc, stop by garbers hardware, 710 greenwich st. bet. charles & w. 10th, the acc mobile unit will be there from 12 - 4! not to give the moderators any more headaches, if i wasn't supposed to do that let me know & i of course won't do it again. mew, i'm still a kitten ;)

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone!  The Da Bird insanity continues.  I was woken up at 5:30 by Fluffy on my dresser.  She had narrowed down the hiding place and was trying to get to the toy. I had decided to hide the bird in my bedroom last night and tried a few different places before settling inside my dresser drawer.  That is a long toy!  So the scent must have been all over my room.  The hunt started last night around midnight.  I went up to bed and Fluffy wanted to play so I got out the favorite toy (not bird) and we played for about 15 minutes and she seemed done.  Then she is in my room looking at the shelf where I keep the wand toys  I offer her them one by one but she didn't want any of those.   She wandered around the room sniffing the other dresser and looking all over the floor.  I'm not sure when she zeroed in  on my dresser.

the kitties are still being polite and taking turns trying to catch birdie.  I think is so funny when they try to jump from a laying down position.  Looks like a side plank!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, it's amazing what a good toy that is.  Chula and I have just finished racing around the apartment with it.  I am hoping my downstairs neighbors didn't suffer!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot wait to get my da bird toy! It is coming in the mail today (Amazon Sunday delivery), assuming the mail carriers can actually find my house this time. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's lots of fun.  Between our two cats it is getting almost non-stop use.  I should order replacement birds now.  I'm wondering if I put the bird part in a freezer baggie it will hold in the scent at night.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Random thought. I thought that kittens weren't supposed to develop a catnip response until they were six months old. Our kitten has been stealing Carrot's catnip since she a few weeks ago. Last night she had a noticeably strong catnip reaction and got all crazy becoming extra playful (which is possible for a kitten). She is only four months old though?

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Ivy was the same with catnip. We adopted her at 4 months old and she went right for the catnip toys. She loved it from the beginning.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm. Interesting. I suspect that six months is just average for a response or something. I'm glad my cats both enjoy it. At first we thought Carrot didn't  have a reaction to it since he was uninterested at the shelter. Then we got a catnip toy in the Kitnip box we get each month. He loved it right away!

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Good morning everyone!  The Da Bird insanity continues.  I was woken up at 5:30 by Fluffy on my dresser.  She had narrowed down the hiding place and was trying to get to the toy. I had decided to hide the bird in my bedroom last night and tried a few different places before settling inside my dresser drawer.  That is a long toy!  So the scent must have been all over my room.  The hunt started last night around midnight.  I went up to bed and Fluffy wanted to play so I got out the favorite toy (not bird) and we played for about 15 minutes and she seemed done.  Then she is in my room looking at the shelf where I keep the wand toys  I offer her them one by one but she didn't want any of those.   She wandered around the room sniffing the other dresser and looking all over the floor.  I'm not sure when she zeroed in  on my dresser.

the kitties are still being polite and taking turns trying to catch birdie.  I think is so funny when they try to jump from a laying down position.  Looks like a side plank!
Cadbury knows exactly where I hide his! (on a shelf above the washer and dryer). Normally the Washer is closed off by an accordion door, though he can still get in if he wants. When I am doing laundry, or forget to close that door...he is on top of the washer, tiptoeing, trying to reach "da bird." Other times, any time I get up he runs over in front of the washer and sits, staring at it, which is what he does for treats. He is obsessed! 

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Wow. Everything slowed WAY down. I wonder if everyone is just having a really busy Sunday or something. 
Yes, I am having a busy Sunday napping.
  I guess staying up to hit 2000 made me more tired than I realized.  It's a good thing I don't have anything I have to do today.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the very best thing about Sundays. I use them as complete relaxation days. It's a great way to  get ready for Mondays.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
My ex-husband used to get what he called "Sunday night disease".  It's when you realize the weekend is almost over and you've still got so much you needed to get done and in a few short hours it's going to be Monday and you have to start the whole week over again and arghhhhhhhh!!!!!  He really nailed it.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am crying. Lila died this morning. Without her, we never would have adopted Tempest and Sinbad. Farewell, Lila. View media item 286033
She liked her bag caves, too.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We all knew it was coming. She was 22, and the past week she's been 'looking' for her quiet place.

You can tell Lila was the first cat I was around buy that picture. I hadn't learned that bag handles need to be cut yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.