Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

@NewYork1303   Happy Birthday!  Why aren't you out celebrating the whole weekend.

@Margd   My cats are off sleeping somewhere.  They wore themselves out playing with their new toy.
Well I took a break earlier and we played Da Bird for awhile and then I tried to get Chula to chase the laser but she had no interest.  She's looking out the window now, letting me babble for now.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sinbad is yelling at me, it's bed time. "But.. but.. Oh Mighty Feline Master... only 19 posts left to go...!!"

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
  it used to grow in a pot but got so big and heavy it was turning over the pot. Then I put it in the ground in my garden and it                                                                                                                                                                          is quite happy there. At the top and right you can see the bud of the flower it eventually had. Only one that year, none last                                                                                                                                                                         year, 4 buds this year
View media item 285950   what a weird looking fruit, it's pretty big too

View media item 285951  with those horns it's not a surprise it's called "dragon fruit"

View media item 285952   you just scoop it out with a spoon

View media item 285953  it's a huge flower, too bad it only lasts a few days, it is pollinated by night-flying insects or even small birds like humming                                                                                                                                                                              birds

View media item 285954   the flower just before it opened

View media item 285955   this is the bud, it kept getting bigger

these pictures are not in the correct order, just look at the dates of them, it will give you an idea ot the sequence and how long it took from bud to ready to eat. It's sort of sweet with flavors between peach and various tropical fruits.

I am not allowed to grow trees in my plot. Vines are ok as they are not throwing shade onto the next plot most of the year.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

@Margd  Ha ha. My cats are the exact same way. I am going to a mongolian grill with my fiance and some friends. It should be fun.
Oh that does sound fun!  Very tasty food to be had.  

I used to have some big fat marker pens that you could draw on cakes and cookies with, the ink was edible. They were great fun.
Those sound pretty incredible.  I've never heard of such a thing.  I can not decorate a cake to save my life.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I used to have some big fat marker pens that you could draw on cakes and cookies with, the ink was edible. They were great fun.
They still make those.  We used to have the thin ones.   I used to color my kids sandwiches with them - cut out w/cookie cutters.  I think I did dogs and dinosaurs and drew faces on them.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
  it used to grow in a pot but got so big and heavy it was turning over the pot. Then I put it in the ground in my garden and it                                                                                                                                                                          is quite happy there. At the top and right you can see the bud of the flower it eventually had. Only one that year, none last                                                                                                                                                                         year, 4 buds this year
View media item 285950   what a weird looking fruit, it's pretty big too

View media item 285951  with those horns it's not a surprise it's called "dragon fruit"

View media item 285952   you just scoop it out with a spoon

View media item 285953  it's a huge flower, too bad it only lasts a few days, it is pollinated by night-flying insects or even small birds like humming                                                                                                                                                                              birds

View media item 285954   the flower just before it opened

View media item 285955   this is the bud, it kept getting bigger

these pictures are not in the correct order, just look at the dates of them, it will give you an idea ot the sequence and how long it took from bud to ready to eat. It's sort of sweet with flavors between peach and various tropical fruits.

I am not allowed to grow trees in my plot. Vines are ok as they are not throwing shade onto the next plot most of the year.
I had a cactus very much like yours - in fact it looks identical.  I never keyed it out so don't know the genus - I just called it the Night Blooming Cactus.  Unfortunately one year we had a frost and it got hit and that was that :(.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
We only have 13 left! to go!  It's after midnight here but I think I'm going to make it to 2000.  Even if I have to type gibberish my next few times.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Must type faster!!! I'm holding the house up, and eing grouched at. But I want to see 2000!

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Must type faster!!! I'm holding the house up, and eing grouched at. But I want to see 2000!
Me too!  We'll get there.  Chula is back again.   She jjust diconnected the power cable to my laptop.  She means business now!  She wants to go to bed!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are watching the first Star Trek movie with the younger characters.  this is a great movie.  I love the humor in it.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I'm half way through binging on Midsomer Murders.  I actually love the music as much as anything else. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Me too!  We'll get there.  Chula is back again.   She jjust diconnected the power cable to my laptop.  She means business now!  She wants to go to bed!
Uh oh. That cat means business now. She is clearly very insistent on getting you to pay attention to her instead.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sinbad is whining very very loudly, and starting to mess with all the computer cables.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Uh oh. That cat means business now. She is clearly very insistent on getting you to pay attention to her instead.
Oh yes.  Her routine is all thrown off.  All this babbling.  But we're thundering down the home stretch now!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gah! I am really not sure what else to babble about at this point. It is very hot here and my Malamute is sitting in front of the fan.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So close though! Congrats to whoever wins it!!! The tshirt is pretty awesome!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.