Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Can I do it.  We're almost there. TYpe type type type type.  I can't think of naything to ssay.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll add a reply, help us get closer to 2000.

my jaspurr saw our vet today, first time he's been to our vet since adopting him. he was fine at first, and even looked around the exam room while we waited for the vet. but i think he either got overstimulated or stressed, and his reaction was to pretty much almost start the cat version of hyperventilating. it actually helped when our vet came in and started looking him over. so next vet appointment for jaspurr, i'll be keeping him out in the car (in carrier, and with my brother) until the vet is finished with the appointment before us and is getting ready to go in with us. then i'll bring him in to the vet's office and straight in to see the vet.

good news is that jaspurr's teeth look generally good, just a little tartar that our teeth brushing will help with.

jaspurr is all settled in at home now and doing fine -- his normal self.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hitch?  I haven't seen the whole movie in one sitting.  Wasn't sure if it was worth the time.  AAARRRgh!  skunk sprayed somewhere in the neighborhood.  Must close windows!

Congrats @Losna   I think you are 2000!

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise

So close though! Congrats to whoever wins it!!! The tshirt is pretty awesome!! :)
Losna!  That would be YOU!  Congratulations!  You did it! 

I think I'm going to pack it in now.  My fingers are just now working any more!

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG!! I won?!?! Did I really win?!?! Sinbad's whining wasn't in vain?

And how funny that I won with a congrats to whoever won!! hahaha. Now I will go to bed!! See you all tomorrow!!!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

I had a cactus very much like yours - in fact it looks identical.  I never keyed it out so don't know the genus - I just called it the Night Blooming Cactus.  Unfortunately one year we had a frost and it got hit and that was that :(.
It was probably what they call an "Orchid Cactus", you can google that. Same flower but different color, usually some kind of pink or magenta and the leaves are flat instead of triangular. If you can find someone who has one you can beg a cutting or two or three, stick it in a pot and it will root in no time, within 2 years at the most you will have flowers usually in May. It's a jungle cactus so it likes a lot of water but frost will kill it. 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Can I do it.  We're almost there. TYpe type type type type.  I can't think of naything to ssay.

So close though! Congrats to whoever wins it!!! The tshirt is pretty awesome!! :)
Oh noes. We have a situation here, I'm afraid.

Post #2000 was too short. I am so sorry @Losna. I don't want to declare the following post - by @Margd  as the winning one yet - as I'm not at all sure it meets the contest criteria either. I feel awful about this but the good news is that another TCS'er may be getting the prize.

Give us a few hours as I'd like to let the mods weigh in on this as a group. And when we get to 2500, make sure you post with more than 15 words per post and that the posts are meaningful! 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my. I'd hate to be a moderator right now...

Ok, can I throw this out there? My grocery was out of my cats favorite dry (Purina ONE hairball.) I bought Urinary Formula. I can look for more Hairball Monday, or try to get him to eat the Urinary Health formula--or try to.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
losna losna I'm so sorry for you not qualifying :'/

margd margd Congratulations On ypur win! :D

margd margd raksha raksha losna losna NewYork1303 NewYork1303

OMG! Pocky and Sailor Moon! why do I always miss the subjects right up my ally?!? Aargg XD

I looove Sailor Moon ans Pocky! I'm actually collecting as many vintage Sailor Moon dolls as I can and the new S.H. Figuarts! I'm so proud of them!

And Pockys got really popular here. We have Anime convention every 2 weeks or so and there will always be Pocky there XD

As a tip, I heard that people have found Pockys in Costco's. Maybe you guys can find them there :3

Everyone enjoy the weekend! It's 12:32 here and I'm watching a movie.

Congrats again to margd margd on your win!! :D

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Just like to remind everyone that the jury is still out on who won.. it's being discussed by the moderators now and we'll get back to you...

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Well, I don't blame the moderators for questioning my post. It was rather...,peculiar. It was late at night and I'd been babbling for a long time! So no complaints from me if the prize goes to 2002.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh :( :( :(

Yeah it was really late for me but I wanted to stay up to see the 2000 be hit. I guess I miscounted in my tiredness.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Oh :( :( :(

Yeah it was really late for me but I wanted to stay up to see the 2000 be hit. I guess I miscounted in my tiredness.
Yes, I was really tired, too.  Now that I look at my post after a night's sleep, I am a little embarrassed. 

Anyway, moving on.  It is a lovely day here in Maryland.  Paul is in the window looking out at the next door woods, looking beautiful.  I adore that cat!

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel really badly. If they were debating that long it couldn't have been fun.

I'm so sorry guys!

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, this will certainly be difficult for the moderators... On a different note, my beloved squishies are getting along better. Less fight-fights, and more play-fights, plus mutual grooming to boot!

I did catch Binx eating from Eddie's bowl, with Eddie helplessly watching on, so I booted Binx from the kitchen to let Eddie finish his breakfast in peace (which is the first time, too, that he's finished his meal). Binx doesn't need any extra servings, the fluffy little brat!

Good luck to the mod's on deciding a winner, and congrats to whomever it is!!!

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Well, this will certainly be difficult for the moderators... On a different note, my beloved squishies are getting along better. Less fight-fights, and more play-fights, plus mutual grooming to boot!

I did catch Binx eating from Eddie's bowl, with Eddie helplessly watching on, so I booted Binx from the kitchen to let Eddie finish his breakfast in peace (which is the first time, too, that he's finished his meal). Binx doesn't need any extra servings, the fluffy little brat!

Good luck to the mod's on deciding a winner, and congrats to whomever it is!!!
That's great news that Eddie and Binx are doing so well together.  Binx really sounds like a rascal!  I know what you mean about Eddie helplessly watching while Binx eats his food - I've seen that happen with my cats, too.  When I had dogs though, if one of them had tried to eat out of the others' bowls, fur would have been flying. 

I think I am going to make it easy for the moderators and disqualify myself.  My post really was rather bogus. 

Status
Not open for further replies.