Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

There's a big fire in Greece? Haven't heard about, tell me more. This California fire has been all over the news, CNN went about it for hours and so did all of the 3 big networks in the US.
@GrizzlySapien   Has been talking about the fires outside Athens.  They have been on the news here in UK but I haven't seen much on them for the past 12 or so hours.

The situation in California sounds terrible as well, homes lost.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure seems like it's feast or famine regarding rains all over. I hadn't known that Greece was having fires. Like they need any more problems over there. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm awake with insomnia. Grrrrrr. Looks like interesting babble has been happening though. My heart goes out to everyone losing homes from fire right now.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

It must be so scary. Huge natural disasters like that make you realise how vulnerable you really are.
Were you in Japan during the earthquake and tsunami?  That's about as huge a natural disaster as you can get.  I've never seen such destruction.  My mind could barely take it in and I was just watching it on a screen. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes I was.

I'm in Yamanashi, which is the other side of Tokyo from the epicentre, but we still felt it. I was outside and had trouble standing up. Our electricity, water and gas was cut off until the next morning, but that was nothing compared to what other people went through. There were tremors for weeks after that and every time I'd run out of the house and see all my neighbours out in the street, anxiously waiting to see how big it would be that time.

Very scary.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Yes I was.

I'm in Yamanashi, which is the other side of Tokyo from the epicentre, but we still felt it. I was outside and had trouble standing up. Our electricity, water and gas was cut off until the next morning, but that was nothing compared to what other people went through. There were tremors for weeks after that and every time I'd run out of the house and see all my neighbours out in the street, anxiously waiting to see how big it would be that time.

Very scary.
I remember reading about those after shocks and wondering what it must be like, always wondering if this was going to be another one just as bad as the first.  I had a dream around then that Japan had sunk beneath the waves.  Then in Maryland we had a very small earthquake and it was frightening enough, I couldn't imagine what everyone in Japan must have felt!  Glad you were okay.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where did all our babblers go? We were racing to get to 1500 but now we're approaching 2000 and we seem to have slowed down.

What are you currently reading? I'm re-reading Peyton Place right now. It's an old favorite of mine. How about you?

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know about anyone else, but a new game launched its open beta so I've been in video game land. The servers just went down for maintenance so I wandered back here to say hello again. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think people are probably trying to catch up on all the things they didn't get done because they were babbling so much. :lol3:

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's fun for the first couple of hours, when they just want to snuggle up to each other on the sofa. Then they start to get bored and charge around the house in a big furry herd.

:lol3:
they can sure get craxyI did get in some belly rubs! Lots and lots.

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to go get a margarita. This week really called for it, what with all the weirdness of Binx and Eddie's introduction. I hate seeing cats fight, but apparently their fights are merely skirmishes. If I start hearing meows, I let out a loud hiss, which has worked better than anything to break them up. Apparently both recognize ME as the Alpha, lol... the looks on their faces is kind of priceless.

They're getting along better, today. Last night an experienced cat owner friend suggested taking away their toys (I left 1 comfort toy for each), to see if that would encourage the "getting along" process. Seems to have worked a little. I'll reintroduce a toy for each, tonight, and try to play with each separately. Sarah suggested that jealousy/demand for attention may be motivating factors in Binx's attacks on Eddie (because not once has Eddie instigated). I hadn't actually considered that, because Binx rarely lets me pet him, much less cuddle with him, and, since Eddie's arrived, barely wants to play with me anymore.

It's so confusing, and living in a 1 bedroom apartment makes it hard. Not to mention the fact that this is my very first time at cat-parenting. Dogs are easy... cats? It's all Latin to me. I can sorta read it, but not really.

Going to create a thread under behaviors and whatnot, with a long explanation of how things have progressed (and the minor screw up on my part), so if anyone has suggestions that may help, I'll gladly listen!

@CatLadyVetTech  

Oh, wow, I just noticed I'm considered an adult, too!

Addendum: I think I just witnessed their first play fight... because there was no meowing. There was a little tail thumping, but I saw Eddie lick at the wet patch on Binx's throat, halfway through the skirmish (Binx's throat always gets wet when he drinks from the fountain.

Ok, now there's meowing. ***. Guys, really... you're going to have me on Valium, if this keeps up!

Last edited:

guslizsid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
good morning all, missed so much as usual! will be able to pop in a bit today, hope everyone is doing well. @MagiksGirl  yes, who are you thinking of? i love it when they name animals at the shelters after superheroes, 'batgirl' has been popular lately. :)

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I just noticed that I'm no longer a "young cat"... I'm an "adult cat" now!!! Woo! That's exciting.
 I felt the same way!  Wait until you hit alpha cat - I just about died with pride!  I don't know what comes next.  It looks like there are at least two - super cat and top cat.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did all our babblers go? We were racing to get to 1500 but now we're approaching 2000 and we seem to have slowed down.

What are you currently reading? I'm re-reading Peyton Place right now. It's an old favorite of mine. How about you?
I am currently reading Les Miserables.  Oh my goodness such a challenging book to read. Unfortunately, I will be gone most of the day and unable to babble with you all! 

I think the last can of cat food I fed didn't go down to well with my cats. They both threw up.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Current entry
View media item 285803New picture.

I'm so indecisive! I love both shots, and I can't decide!
That's a tough one.  I'm really fond of the one of Asha though.  She has such a great expression on her face.  But I am also partial to black cats so perhaps I am biased.  Shadow's is also a great shot.  Well, looks like I'm no help!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: I'm glad I'm not the only person plagued by indecision! I never learn. I should have quit trying to get photos for the competition after I submitted last night :doh3:

Status
Not open for further replies.