Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@MagiksGirl It's no  big deal. It took me months to be able to tell them apart myself, and they're my cats. 

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can distinguish between them at a glance now. Their colors have changed. Sinbad has turned more creamy brown, and Tempest is mostly grey. Those two open mouth pics are older ones. Here's a more current side by side, you can really see the difference now!

View media item 285687
View media item 285688

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, it's taken about an hour to skim through and read everything that's been babbled since I went off for a snooze last night, then off to work for the afternoon.  I couldn't come straight on line when I got in as not only had my housemate got a meal ready for us to eat but Mouse wasn't himself at all.  Sara said he'd looked all strange when she came in and had seemed jumpy and ears going like little radar, then he went and curled up on my bed till I got home.   He was still the same though and as soon as he got up to greet me you could see his ears going and he was on alert at the slightest sound.  I have no idea what's happened today but what ever it was seems to have been in the sittingroom as he was really wary about coming in even with me going in first, and took a good 2 hours to settle.  He seems fine now but the poor guy obviously hadn't had a good day.

Loving all the test photos for the competition and general fluffiness over the last few hours.  
  I'm feeling in awe of all the amazing craft work and costume creatios though, what an amazing amount of talent is here on TCS. 

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Wow, it's taken about an hour to skim through and read everything that's been babbled since I went off for a snooze last night, then off to work for the afternoon.  I couldn't come straight on line when I got in as not only had my housemate got a meal ready for us to eat but Mouse wasn't himself at all.  Sara said he'd looked all strange when she came in and had seemed jumpy and ears going like little radar, then he went and curled up on my bed till I got home.   He was still the same though and as soon as he got up to greet me you could see his ears going and he was on alert at the slightest sound.  I have no idea what's happened today but what ever it was seems to have been in the sittingroom as he was really wary about coming in even with me going in first, and took a good 2 hours to settle.  He seems fine now but the poor guy obviously hadn't had a good day.

Loving all the test photos for the competition and general fluffiness over the last few hours.  
  I'm feeling in awe of all the amazing craft work and costume creatios though, what an amazing amount of talent is here on TCS. 
Welcome! I'm sad to see Mouse behaving so strangely. I'm happy to hear he got better! 

I'll be going offline in less than an hour for the weekend so I do hope more babbling goes on for someone to hit the 2000 mark soon! less than 200 to go! 

I may drop in during the weekend to see who won! Though I will be busy "nursing" a recuperating Wanda from spaying and searching for my lost passport! I need to find it soon! I really want to apply for my US Visa so I can get to go to Disney Halloween this year!  

I love Halloween! it's my favorite time of the year! 

And there IS   a lot of talent! I was very impressed by @Raksha  's Captain America costume since I'm partial to superheroes 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may drop in during the weekend to see who won! Though I will be busy "nursing" a recuperating Wanda from spaying and searching for my lost passport! I need to find it soon! I really want to apply for my US Visa so I can get to go to Disney Halloween this year!  

I love Halloween! it's my favorite time of the year! 
Haha. Well nursing a kitten recovering from surgery tends to mean keeping them from getting too playful and ripping their stitches. Hopefully she feels better quickly.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@NewYork1303  Thank you for that advice. I really appreciate it. I had no problems with their momma when she recuperated and when she had her stitches removed the vet said she was in tip-top shape. I will separate 4 month old Wanda from her littermate brother since they do play a little bit rough 
 That advice will really come in handy. She is  a princess in her ways since she likes to use me as a pillow or to be paraded around the house so as long as I keep her separated from her brother she should recover quickly.

As a side note, when I called home, my sister told me Grinnie boy has been very vocal and a bit distant, my guess is that he's searching for his sister.
I'm sure he really loves her since yesterday when I was showing momma and brother I was taking away Wanda, he patted the lock and got on top of the carrier trying to get her out. It was the most darling and sad thing I've seen. 

EDIT:Gone for the weekend! Keep on babbling and may the luckiest babbler win! 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mouse seems almost back to his usual self now and came up for his customary snuggle (pinning down my arms when he figures I've been on the laptop too long) a little while ago.   I'm working over the weekend and not around much at all tomorrow so I'm very relieved it's the weekend and both my housemates will be here to dote on Mouse and pander to his every whim.  There are a few of the neighbours moving out and it could be there's a lot of weird, loud noises due to that but if no one's here we'll never know as poor Mouse can't tell us.  It's the first time I've seen him look stressed like that since the day he moved in here and met his reflection in a mirror for the first time. 

He's laying on the floor in front of me just now, paws crooked up and looking at me like 'why are you not scritching my belly'?    I think I'm going to have to go, it's too hard to resist. 

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter is 10 yrs old and is already trying to plans what she wants to be for Halloween! She is considering a Five Nights at Freddy's character or a Ghast from Minecraft. I don't get to creative with Halloween I'm usually a witch every year.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Planning Halloween in July. That seems a bit early to me. I'm sure she'll have a great costume planned by the time October gets here.

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry all, I got massively distracted by this awesome new giant litter pan, and then making a table top and coasters out of some pretty French print vinyl tablecloth ^-^;;

@MagiksGirl   I didn't sew all of that myself!!! I just put everything together and made foam bits for the stuff I couldn't find, lol. I had major help with the jacket and pants by a skilled seamstress (because I can't sew worth a darn), and used LOTS of super glue, lol... 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone else noticed how much this thread has slowed down since we hit 1500? We must be all babbled out....and cat hung up on sleep...and real life! :lol3:

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It's true! It has really slowed down a lot, although there are periodic bursts of activity. I just have to think of something interesting to talk about. Plus Chula has been feeling neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.