Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes @sarthur2 you are the winner!
  Congratulations.  And it was more than 15 word. I'm going to be counting words in post for a long time now.  I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams everyone!

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lets all go to bed ones in this time zone do more chatting tom too this really fun ladies! My bf said he took pics of his bro's cats today!!! Will upload asap

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
congrats sarthur2
am i disqualified due to reply 4 times for next prize???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

@Norachan
  What did you make?  Was it cat related?

I find picking glue off fingers relaxing but I haven't glued anything in a while.
Kind of cat related, I guess. I was trying to repair a curtain pole that they had broken while swinging from the curtains. Bad kitties! 
Mogli doesn't do that, but we had to replace all our curtain rods with really heavy ones attached with heavy-duty screws when we had Jamie. Why does a 6 kg. cat have to climb up and try to sit on curtain rods, especially when he has a ceiling-high cat tree and plenty of high shelves to climb up on?

Congratulations Sarthur2 Sarthur2 !

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
congrats sarthur2
am i disqualified due to reply 4 times for next prize???
Not yet... But please do read the rules. I'm afraid the next time you post consecutive posts we may have to ban you from this thread. Also, if you want to win one of the prizes, better switch to full words and sentences in proper English. Thanks and good luck! 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Wow. That is one seriously poofy cat! I didn't realize they could adapt like that. So beautiful. How does he keep his hair from having tangles?
Some cats' fur doesn't tangle, it depends on what kind of fur they have. Persians and Himalayans and a few others are prone to tangle and they have to be combed and brushed every day, Birmans and other cats without an undercoat like Maine Coons, Siberians and Norwegian Forest Cats do not tangle and just need to be brushed occasionally to get rid of loose hair. My red Honey Bunch (look at her on a previous page) had long hair that never tangled although she had the most gorgeous bushy tail.  Usually it's the long hair that lies flat because there is no undercoat that does not tangle and get matted, the undercoat makes the hair stand out and also makes it prone to tangle. Medium long hair does not usually tangle and mat either.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Why, thanks you guys! This is a real treat because I never win contests. I just looked at the tee shirts, and they are too cute. It will be difficult to choose one! Babble is fun!

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks I will
Night night
My headache just subsided
Wow 2a. What a night, finally
Boo says talk tom

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nicely done sarthur2! I actually went to bed early and set my alarm to wake up at 2 am just to see if I'm close enough to #500, but guess I overshot by an hour. :lol3:

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for saying that. He likes to rub up against our legs and gives that sweet little meow which is his way of thanking us for caring for him. He also enjoys 9-lives wet n meow mix

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Nicely done sarthur2! I actually went to bed early and set my alarm to wake up at 2 am just to see if I'm close enough to #500, but guess I overshot by an hour.
   Now that's what I call dedication to the babbling thread..
  May you have better luck as we progress..

And well done sarthur2!

I'm going to make a huge pot of pumpkin soup.  I have found a wonderful recipe where you add some parsnip and spuds, bake them before you boil them, top it off with a big dollop of yoga and sprinkling of dukkah. 

I just salivated all over my keyboard.  That makes a change from the cats doing it.  My keyboard really does have to put up with a lot...

bubbleberry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Again its been a pleasure chatting with all of you gals.
My neighbor's cat is huge. I think its a girl. Stripes, very sweet. See I i can snap one of her tomorrow
Forgive me if there are typos. Cell screen shots s very small

Enjoy your soup, miss Anne. Sounds delicious!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Sarthur2 Sarthur2 :clap: Have fun choosing your t-shirt :)

I swear I've just spent 15 mins catching up on this thread! So much happened after I went to bed last night. I can see that I'll have to drag myself out of bed earlier from now on so I don't miss so much :lol3:

I definitely overslept this morning - both Shadow and Asha came and got into bed with me to complain. Shadow's polite about it - settles down next to me and tries a purr assault. Asha's downright rude - on the bed, off the bed, on the dresser, back on the bed...all the while meowing pointedly (and very loudly) at me. Who needs an alarm clock :lol3:

Neither is as bad as the greyhound though - he absolutely shouts at me (and he has the most piercing bark...he's learned how to make the sound bounce off the wall, so I get barking in stereo!). If that doesn't work, he's been known to grab the duvet and drag it off me... :rolleyes:

I think that's enough babbling for one post ;)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yay, we reached 500 posts.

It's 6.30 pm here, I'm just having a cup of tea before I start work. I've managed to pick most of the glue off my fingers and now I'm rubbing in hand cream to see if that will soften the rest.

Did you know Super Glue was designed to stick skin together? It' s supposed to be used in emergencies when you can't get the wound stitched. It works too. When I was doing my ceramics degree I couldn't put plasters on my cuts because they'd come straight off in the clay and water. If ever I cut myself I used to glue the skin back down so I could carry on throwing.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to live on the coast many years ago, and I spent a lot of time in a games and hobby store... the surfers and skaters used to come in during the summer a lot ... They'd injure themselves during competitions and not want to stop competing, so would just buy super glue, glue themselves back in place and go right back out to finish their sets. It was crazy.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
here's another pic of gray

again, he remains a stray and prefers it

he does however, gets and gives.... lots of love
Gray is stunning as evcer.  This photo has a certain je ne sais qoi, I think it is the magical resemblance to a photo I took of a Scottish Wildcat last year! Just add thicker whiskers!

Quote:

Now, more importantly;

Does anyone know how to get multi-purpose glue off your fingers?

I had a bit of a DIY disaster this morning.

Not so good...   You could try getting those naughty curtain-pole breaking kitties to lick the (set) glue off with their raspy tongues, otherwise I'd try a nail file to gently sand away - you're lucky you didn't end up with fingers stuck together or to the project. 

This thread has been super busy this weekend while I've been busy elsewhere.  I cant keep up at all!

Noodles is giving me a look because she wants her dinner but it hasn't been a full hour since Mooch had her evening meds so she has to wait about 10 more minutes.  Mooch is behind me pretending to ignore me. I give their meds inside treats and she snarfed them down and tried to climb inside the food cabinet.  I think both wanted a taste of the oven roasted chicken I made for dinner tonight.  It was really good!  But dessert was even better!  I made a trifle like dessert with brownies, whipped cream and sliced strawberries.  I even pulled out the fancy bowl on a pedestal that has been used maybe 2 other times in my 12 years of marriage.  (It was a wedding present.)  I told my company to go ahead without me when I set desert out so I could use the bathroom  When I came back out it was 85% gone!  I kid  you not!  Needless to say; it was empty a short time later.  
   That sounds like a good dinner, and the pudding maybe a little too good - how could anyone share that?! 

Couldn't believe it when I logged in here this morning and saw I had 100 babble posts to catch up on.

That is one busy night...  I'm not sure I can cope with the catch ups, I might have to forego sleep for the duration. 
  Massive congratualtions @sarthur2, enjoy choosing your t shirt. The designs are awesome.

News from the Mouse zone is that the big sleepathon has ended and today the blue one is like a coiled spring bouncing off the walls.  Within 10 minutes of me getting up he had roped me in to throwing his toy mouse, a game of hunt the human / tag, and waving about numerous different bits of card and paper for him to chew.  He is currently off in the hall attacking the post which just arrived.  
  Looks like I'm in for a fun day. 

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That's adorable! :clap: They are both getting so big. How old is your daughter now?
She will be 3 on September 4. I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since she was born. The years have flown by. Her birth seems like it was just yesterday but at the same time it seems like her crazy horrible birth was just a bad nightmare in the past.
Wow! That' really did go by fast! :eek:

Did I just hit 500 on the mark? Guess they will have to count to see if my post is 15 words or more! :)
Congratulations to you! :clap:

I'm going to make a huge pot of pumpkin soup.  I have found a wonderful recipe where you add some parsnip and spuds, bake them before you boil them, top it off with a big dollop of yoga and sprinkling of dukkah. 
Yoga? :paranoid: Is that yogurt?

There were a few short and some consecutive posts overnight, so time for another reminder:

MOD NOTE - Posts must be at least 15 words and consecutive posts are not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.