Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Grizzly Sapien Princess Spookie Rose is 3 years old . I have two cats Spookie is black with a white bib on her chest. Catness the Kissyfur ( Sticky Kitty) is a calico she is 3 1/2 years old. Sorry I give my cats so many names I can't have anymore pets so I rename the ones I have.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I used to have a cat that did that with corn flakes, I gave up trying to eat them as her paw always got to the spoon before it reached my mouth. 
   How did kitty enjoy the shower?
She doesn't like water. So luckily, I was able to persuade her to leave (by putting her outside of the bathroom) so I got to hear kitten paws reaching under the door while I showered. After the shower she came into the bathroom and played with the water droplets until she whined about being wet.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kitty kisser  

@Grizzly Sapien Princess Spookie Rose is 3 years old . I have two cats Spookie is black with a white bib on her chest. Catness the Kissyfur ( Sticky Kitty) is a calico she is 3 1/2 years old. Sorry I give my cats so many names I can't have anymore pets so I rename the ones I have.
@Kitty kisser  if she's 3 yrs old and makes the run out the front door, that's one habbit you maybe wanna correct. I mean, what if she does this and you don't realize it soon enough? A friend of mine had a really bad experience from a similar incident.

Grizzly used to do it up untill he was 1 year old. Of course I always cought him before he got away. But now before I close the door I always make sure of his whereabouts. Like, actually SEE where he is at and be sure he's not on the wrong side of the door.

I like the name "Kissyfur" - well played there! And I like the way many of you give middle names and surnames! It's so cool! 

Last edited:

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband saved our calico Catness from the dogs about a year ago. Catness was pinned up against our back chain link fence by our dog and the neighbors pit bull. She was swatting them in the nose. My daughter started screaming ,my husband heard her and came running across the street. He grabbed the puffed up cat from the middle of the dogs . Catness has loved my husband ever since. He's the only one who can pick her up and hold her.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, kitty paws under the bathroom door:   that's a well known phenomenon I believe. 
   Mouse can't do that because my bathroom floor is tiled and raised higher than the bottom of the door - the door sits down on to a little ledge.  

@Kitty kisser    I love that you give lots of names too.  Mouse is rarely Mouse if I'm honest,  Tubbybutt the Spherical Cat is the latest though that is a little mean because he's been on a strict diet these past few months and is actually in quite good shape.  In fact I can almost make out a little waist line when I look down on him.

No wonder your husband is a trusted picker-upper, that was one brave move scooping her up in such a dangerous situation!

Last edited:

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@GrizzlySapien yes I'm trying to break the habit by shooing her away from the door. We are looking at buying a bigger home within the next year so that could possibly solve the problem.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Aww, kitty paws under the bathroom door:   that's a well known phenomenon I believe. 
   Mouse can't do that because my bathroom floor is tiled and raised higher than the bottom of the door - the door sits down on to a little ledge.  

@Kitty kisser    I love that you give lots of names too.  Mouse is rarely Mouse if I'm honest,  Tubbybutt the Spherical Cat is the latest though that is a little mean because he's been on a strict diet these past few months and is actually in quite good shape.  In fact I can almost make out a little waist line when I look down on him.

No wonder your husband is a trusted picker-upper, that was one brave move scooping her up in such a dangerous situation!
My cats are rarely called by their real names either. Sophie is Saurus (shortened from Sophiesaurus) or Kitten because she's quite small at about 5 pounds. She responds to both 
.  Lilith is Little Belle or Baby Lily and she comes when she's called more often than not. Henry is Brother or Buddy. He actually ventured about 5 feet outside of his room last night. I'm sure it helped that my DD had a container of treats in her hand but he did it. He's been lurking in the doorway and looking out like if he walked on the rug on the other side of the door, he'd be swallowed whole. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Good morning everyone! In case you missed it, we have a new Picture Of The Month contest going as of today too! Check it out - we're looking for pictures of cats with their mouths open.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning everyone!!! Glad to see we have a winner for the 500th post and are well on the way to the next. Now that it's Monday, I can keep up with everyone so it won't take me 2-3 hours to catch up on all posts made over the weekend and over night.

Have a blessed day!!!!!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Argh..too many posts to respond to again :disa: I'm going to have to keep my wifi on at all times so I stop missing so much :lol3:

My animals all have multiple names too :D Shadow's 'real' name is Carbonel, but we never use it. We do use Shadow, Shad, Shadapad, Pad, Padda, Paddapaws, Grey boy, Greebo...and mum calls him Mr Patrick Greyfur!

Asha is Asha-ji, Ji-Ji, Ji-Ji Girl, Baby,Babygirl, Kitten...that's it so far, but we've only had her since March. I'm sure more names will come :lol3:

I won't go into all the dog and pony names now...suffice it to say they're just as convoluted as the cats' names :D

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kitty kisser  

@GrizzlySapien yes I'm trying to break the habit by shooing her away from the door. We are looking at buying a bigger home within the next year so that could possibly solve the problem.
@Kitty kisser

Good luck on your house-hunting! Hope you guys get everything you long for! But be prepared.. Moving is stressful for pets, as they struggle the first days to get used to the new environment. I would consider taking every possible precaution - regarding the kitties - before actually moving in. 

Of course I believe you are a more experienced cat carer than me, so who am I to advice you? 
 But I've heard so many "horror stories" that I always try to "warn" people about almost everything! 

Please, excuse me my "meddling" 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In our house, everyone comes and goes through the laundry room. Since this room has two doors that separate it from the rest of the house, we keep them closed. This stops any possible cat escapes. We call it the airlock.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NewYork1303  

In our house, everyone comes and goes through the laundry room. Since this room has two doors that separate it from the rest of the house, we keep them closed. This stops any possible cat escapes. We call it the airlock.
That's actually brilliant!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It makes it so that the only time we have to worry about cat escape is when we let the dog out of the backdoor which cannot be blocked off in any way.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitties have so many names it's almost impossible to keep track of them all, but basically it's:

As a group:

Bebees (Pronounced: Beh - Bees)

Baby Cats

Kid Cats

Teenage Cats

Kitties

Grin and the Baby Cats

Gato Grin and the Baby Cats

Grandkittens! 

By official Names  ; *By their adoptive family ; +Nicknames by my brother

Conan the Grey | Grey | Little Grey | Gris | Baby Gris | Conan: Defender of the weak* | Kitchen* | Intestine* (cause he's a thin and long Russian Blue looking kitty)
|

Grinnie | Grinnie the Kid |Grinnie the Kitt | Felix | Felix Baby | Grinnie Baby | Felix the Cat | Fenix the Cat | Felix the Grinnie  
|  +Thuggie | +Fathie | +Stinky |+Fluffy Baby 

Binx | Binxie | Blackie

Wanda Mew | Wanda | Colita | Princess | Wendy | Widdle Baby | Runt | Baby 

And those are the ones I've heard. I don't know what else they call them when I'm not around 

PS: If anyone called me or replied to me, please let me know! As I'm gone from TCS on the weekends and I just came back 

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NewYork1303 NewYork1303 We use an 'airlock' system too...makes it so much safer and easier for everyone - especially as we're on a busy road (well, busy for a northern market town, anyway ;) )

Anyone have any tips for getting open mouth cat pics? My two are being very uncooperative :disa: I'm strangely pleased with this pic though...even if it is a world away from what I'm aiming for :lol3:
View media item 284465

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Columbine  While I'm not sure how to make them open their mouth and get a pic. I've found that my kitties yawn after a good nap so I stand by just in case and snap away with decent good results (granted I'm using a smartphone only and not a professional camera). I don't know if all kitties do this though since these are my first kitties ever   

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are talkers. I know that when I get home from work, I could probably snap some open mouth shots since they are very loud about my absence during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.