Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is eleven o'clock here. With still one hundred eighty posts to go, I don't think I will be around here to see who makes post number 1500

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

@Margd  I was just reading that post. I'm not sure of any kind of an answer though! Not enough experience. 
Fortunately some knowledgeable people have jumped in and are advising him.  I am so relieved.  I know what it's like to worry about UTI's - when Chula had one I was a wreck.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Fortunately some knowledgeable people have jumped in and are advising him.  I am so relieved.  I know what it's like to worry about UTI's - when Chula had one I was a wreck.
Thank goodness. I always feel bad when no one responds to a post and I wish that I could help, but don't have the knowledge.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Thank goodness. I always feel bad when no one responds to a post and I wish that I could help, but don't have the knowledge.
 In between babbling, I've been going down the unanswered list and answering some of them.  That's how I came across this one.  Even if I don't know the answer I say something in hopes that it will bump the post up and that someone will see it, and also in hopes that the poster doesn't feel like no one is listening.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which forum are you going through?  I hate the health forum.  I think it's scary and I start to worry about my guys.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was doing the same as you margd margd . Stopped a while ago when I stopped being able to compose coherent answers.

Can't go to sleep now as I'll sleep through my alarm and miss Pixie's meds.

Come on everyone. Keep babbling. We're so close now.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Which forum are you going through?  I hate the health forum.  I think it's scary and I start to worry about my guys.
It's the health forum.  I know what you mean about it being scary.  I've only had Chula for 5 months and she sometimes vomits so I looked it up and was afraid she had IBD or cancer.  Finally I figured out she was just gobbling her food too fast!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been hanging around the Pregnant Cats and Kittens forum.  I usually like the kitten drama.  I got hooked  when @checkers was looking for the stray cat's kittens so she could take them all in.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Like columbine said don't cry his life is so much better now, he is loved, warm and fed now. But I know where your coming from. When we heard about him and brought him home all I could think about is what happened to his litter mates and where is momma cat?
Yes! What if his family? :""/
But I turned then into happy tears knowing he's going to be alright :"")

PS: Spanishlanguage speaker here! Spanish is actually my first language but I'm used to switching back and forth.
If anyone would like any help do let me know! I'll be more than happy to help :D

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've been hanging around the Pregnant Cats and Kittens forum.  I usually like the kitten drama.  I got hooked  when @checkers was looking for the stray cat's kittens so she could take them all in.
I love this forum as well. It is always up and down and all around, but a lot of fun to read about.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I followed that thread too, I think.  Is that the one where she put the tracker on the collar and found the kittens?  There was another one later that was kind of like it but I don't remember it as well.

I definitely worry about my cats all of the time. I guess it is nice to know that everyone worries a lot. 
I realize now that I should have been worrying much more about my previous cats than I did.  Although they lived pretty long lives, they needed to go to the vet more than I realized at the time.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I can't help thinking about the cats that we had when we were growing up. They definitely didn't get everything they needed.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our vet has said she likes dealing with us. We feed our kitties good food, and I check their stool and mouths every day. Nothing like my evening cat poop examinations to close out the day. 

But it does mean I can give the vet a better idea of how Sinbad and Tempest are doing than the typical people she sees can. If a few minutes of checking out cat poop every day means I might be able to catch something serious early, it's worth it to me though. I always find it sad when the vet says she wishes more people thought that way.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Yeah. I can't help thinking about the cats that we had when we were growing up. They definitely didn't get everything they needed.
The first cat I got on my own, many years ago was a pregnant girl named Poppy.  I had no idea what to do and basically did nothing.   She was pretty independent and was indoor/outdoor  (this was when I still did that).  When the night came, she suddenly approached me and jumped in my lap which was unheard of and made it clear she wanted me to follow her.  She led me down the basement and jumped on a shelf and as clear as day, I knew what she wanted.  A nest to have her babies.  So I brought her upstairs and made a nest in my closet and she delivered 6 beautiful kittens that night.  When I think of everything that could have gone wrong, I shudder now.  

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that our cats now are content to stay indoors. The ones we had when I was little were unable to be kept indoors since they wanted out so badly.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I'm glad that our cats now are content to stay indoors. The ones we had when I was little were unable to be kept indoors since they wanted out so badly.
My dear boy Wesley wanted out too, although when I had to move into an apartment, he made the transition without a hitch.  I was afraid he'd be miserable because he'd been so happy going next door to the neighbor for a slice of ham, climbing trees, chasing squirrels, rolling in the grass....doing all the things outside cats love to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.