Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning 

It's 10.30 am here. I've just finished the housework and now I'm getting caffeined up, ready to go hiking with some friends.

@Losna  So you study Japanese as well? 漢字とひらがなも読みますか。日本語は本当に難しいですね。十五年間も勉強していたのになかなか上手になりません。

@GrizzlySapien  You're right about the fence. Button Moon is a real escape artist, I swear he must be part spider monkey. He's the only one of our cats who can climb the fence. I think he does it just to prove his point. Speaking of learning languages, I teach English as a second language and some parents want their children to take lessons at ridiculously early ages. Six or seven is the usual age, but I have had students as young as 2.

@juliek1975  Little Peanut is so sweet!

@NewYork1303  Congratulations  on being the biggest blabber mouth. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Why thank you. I'm here to defend my title. Hahahaha. Not really. Right now my cat is being the biggest blabber mouth in my house. I don't know what he wants. I've tried everything.
 I can never figure out what Chula wants either.  She spends a lot of time sitting on her haunches, waving her paws in the air and gazing beseechingly at me. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
margd margd Maybe she's saying 'Mom, Mom. Look at me Mom. I'm so clever. Are you watching Mom? Mo-om! You're not watching and you said you would...'

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has food. I picked him up and petted him and he didn't want that. I think he's upset since the kitten is napping and won't play with him.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

He has food. I picked him up and petted him and he didn't want that. I think he's upset since the kitten is napping and won't play with him.
It could be that. My youngest cat, Toby, comes and yells at me if Hiro and Albert, his best buddies, are asleep and don't want to play.

@Columbine  It's crazy, isn't it? I'm not good with kids. I prefer teaching salary men, at least they don't try to eat the crayons.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NewYork1303 NewYork1303 - Well, he'll just have cultivate the art of patience :angel: Problem is - I think of cats, I think of patience, and I can't get the two of them to meet anywhere ;)

Norachan Norachan - :lol3: I know men have all sorts of good points, but I'd never have thought that not eating crayons counted :D

Mum loved teaching kids. The youngest one came about because she taught his big sister (5 or 6), and he kept wanting to join in. The funniest thing with his sister was that, after a while, she spoke English with a Japanese accent and Japanese with an English accent! :confuse3: Very bizarre.

I'm not keen on kids either, though I have taught a few, and worked as a primary school classroom assistant for a while (when at college).

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
@Margd Maybe she's saying 'Mom, Mom. Look at me Mom. I'm so clever. Are you watching Mom? Mo-om! You're not watching and you said you would...'
You might be right!  A couple of times today she's obviously gotten miffed at the time I've spent babbling and has jumped up and on my chair and patted my head.  So sweet!

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Columbine  @MServant   THe vet commented on it after his dental surgery. They were amused and bewildered by his happy hiss/purr combination as they played with him.

@Norachan   I did... a very long time ago. My greek and spanish are still somewhat passable in written form, and I can piece together crude portuguese and latin, but not so much my japanese. All that I've retained of my japanese are some of the simpler statements that have stuck around because I watch anime (daijobu, chotto matte kudesai, sumimasen, kawaii, yurusenai, etc) and the memory of struggling with the kanji. So I have no idea what you just said. Oh - I can still count to 999. I've never been able to remember 1000. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read a truly disturbing article about how harry potter could be about a boy in a mental hospital. That is truly worrying.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
losna losna I've said it once, I'll say it again - video clip, video clip, video clip!

NewYork1303 NewYork1303 I'd be very surprised if that were true, unless the article is an interview with JK Rowling. People love to read far more in to books than is really there sometimes.

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I just read a truly disturbing article about how harry potter could be about a boy in a mental hospital. That is truly worrying.
I can see it.  But I'm not sure I'd worry about it.  I mean it is a truly wonderful world he lives in.  Reality is overrated - isn't that the old saying.  Although the part about actually being in a hospital is a bit troublesome.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Of course she's saying seeing him is not the only reason to go there, and it may be true. The thing is that she's not accepting my disinterest. It's common for her. I'm not even sure if I can even take time off to go to X for a few days. I can take time off to stay where I am and show my parents around, as long as I remain "on call" during work hours.

She will be, since she's driving my parents all the way from Y where she lives, 8 hours away. My parents are flying in from Z, 30 hours by plane, to see her in Y first, then they're driving over to my place.
I suggested that actually. But it's not practical because 30 hours by plane, then 10 hours driving to X, then 5 hours from X to my place. Too much travelling for my poor parents.
Ahh... I thought that was going to be her main activity. she should still understand your position thought :/

No, don't cry magiksgirl magiksgirl . Focus on how good his life is now, not how bad it was before.

It's 1.30am here. I'm sat in bed on my phone, trying to stay awake. So far it's working, but my brain has slowed right down.

What time is it for everyone else?
I won't! I musn't! :"/
Just arrived home. It's currently 7pm :D

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.