Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm back!

Cat training....interesting...

The only thing I've trained a cat to do is teach Shadow to give me a nose-to-nose kiss if he wants me to put him down (big as he is, he loves being picked up and held with his front paws on my shoulder for a cuddle - the purrs are the loudest I've heard
). He now does it every time without fail
I have "trained" both of mine to wear a harness and leash. Or well, Carrot didn't seem to care to much and quickly overcame the harness and leash so that he could walk around almost normally on one. The kitten is in training. She will only walk forward with a harness on if you look away. When you look back, she is flopped on the ground pretending it is killing her again (though in a different part of the room).

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks magiksgirl magiksgirl :)

I know what you mean about forgetting things...I'm dreadful for it :rolleyes: I even forgot to give my dog his meds last night :( Very bad mummy :anon:

Your two sound adorable NewYork1303 NewYork1303 - especially the kitten. (Love the names btw - another Disc world fan, I take it :D ...but shouldn't Angua be a puppy, not a kitten? ;) )

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

@Margd  @MagiksGirl   Uh... i don't know how to delete a post, can anyone explain how? I tried blanking it, but it wouldn't let me leave a post blank...
That was the problem I had so I just left it, waiting to get banned.  When nothing happened,  I figured if I actually won (fat chance) I would fess up.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Ooops.  I replied, not realizing that it was a consecutive post.   I actually did that myself earlier this morning and I couldn't figure out how to delete it so it's actually still part of the thread.

Hope you get your popcorn soon.
Consecutive post?  How anyone has managed that in this babble thread is amazing.  We could possibly have offered prizes for that rather than the 500 / 1000 options!  
   I went to bed, got up and went to work and then by the time I got home I had over 300 posts to catch up on!   

​    I can't believe how fast everyone has been contributing.  Actually, I even feel a tad inadequate and embarrassed by my own lack of posts.... 
     On the popcorn front I am pleased to say that without even reaching that point in the converstation I had my self a nice bag of sweet and salty microwave popcorn as part of my not so healthy tea (following on from some coconut soya yogurt).   It's a bit nerve racking for me as my microwave is still trying to recover from the time I managed to burn (and yes it did burn) a packet a couple of weeks ago.   I can safely say I do not think cooking it on a bonfire would be a good idea. 

OK, it's taken me over 2 hours to catch up here so think I had best go and take a look at some other threads now. 
  Well done everyone.

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Margd   Ah. I'm not in it to win it, I'm just here to ramble and rumble on about my fuzzy-butts... but in any case, I hope someone can help me figure out how to delete an accidental double post.

@MServant  OMG popcorn and a movie sounds amazing right now *rushes off to pantry*

Last edited:

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

@MagiksGirl  I don't get it... I may be a little slow today, because I don't quite follow what you're trying to tell me?
@Raksha  I'm sorry! I posted blank comment on purpose to try to delete it, but I failed so I just edited it! 
  Sorry! 

@Margd  What we used to do in other places is that you would edit your second post so it would just say "Double post by mistake" and then the mods would delete such comments. Don't know how it works here. 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

@Margd   Ah. I'm not in it to win it, I'm just here to ramble and rumble on about my fuzzy-butts... but in any case, I hope someone can help me figure out how to delete an accidental double post.
I'm afraid that it takes a mod to do that for you Raksha.   Once a post is made it is there for the counting, or not as the case may be.   The main thing is to be careful not to do it again as that can result in being banned from posting in the thread and we all want to hear more tales of Binx and Eddie.

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise

@Raksha  I'm sorry! I posted blank comment on purpose to try to delete it, but I failed so I just edited it! 
  Sorry! 

@Margd  What we used to do in other places is that you would edit your second post so it would just say "Double post by mistake" and then the mods would delete such comments. Don't know how it works here. 

Well, actually what I can do is drop out when we get close to the 1500 mark, unless the mods step in and delete it for us.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've heard of it, but I've never used anything like that with my cats...voice works well enough for me :) (they really are my furkids :lol3: )
My voice worked about two years ago. I would shout "hey" and "stop" when Ingvild Solveig went after Sniffles, but then I had to add in clapping, then foot stomping, etc. I've used this new StopThat! thing a few times (including half an hour ago) and it seems to be working. Ingvild Solveig doesn't seem to know the noise is coming from me because it's such a non-human sound and she definitely stops tormenting poor Sniffles immediately. So far I'm impressed. I'm not sure how useful the lavender scent that accompanies the spray is since she runs away so quickly, but I like it. :)

And yes, I have feliway diffusers in every room, Ingvild Solveig wears a calming collar and she's also on a low dose of fluoxetine. For whatever reason she has decided that Sniffles bugs her occasionally and needs to be chased. Poor Sniffles. She's the sweetest cat ever and is totally submissive. It's sad, but we're all getting by ok. Ingvild Solveig won't jump on any surface she can't see, so Sniffles easily escapes to tables and counters. Hopefully someday these girls can learn to get along.

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Margd   I think I'll do the same. @MServant  thank you for the information! I was concerned that I'd made a major breach in etiquette by mistake. My double post was a P.S., so I should've thought to add it to my previous one.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I've never worked out how to delete posts either @Raksha
When I've had major issues I've resorted to flagging my own posts and asking a Mod to delete them.
That's a really good idea.  I'll go back to my double post and flag it and ask a Mod to delete it.  I didn't notice it right away so I was a little worried about messing things up.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

@Columbine   That's a fantastic idea! I just flagged my double post and requested it's removal so I can feel "clean", lol ^_^
I can't seem to find mine!  They were at the bottom of a page - am about to go back through everything and try again! 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
catladyvettech catladyvettech I can definitely understand why you need more than voice. So many people would have given up by now. Those cats are lucky to have you :nod:

:sulk: *hiding before the mods catch up with me for starting a flagging avalanche* ;)

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks @MagiksGirl

I know what you mean about forgetting things...I'm dreadful for it
I even forgot to give my dog his meds last night
Very bad mummy

Your two sound adorable @NewYork1303 - especially the kitten. (Love the names btw - another Disc world fan, I take it
...but shouldn't Angua be a puppy, not a kitten?
)
@Columbine We meant to save Angua for a puppies name. We tried calling the kitten Cheery but it was so clearly not her name that we decided to give up and go with Angua. Ah well.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
@Margd
 @MagiksGirl
  Uh... i don't know how to delete a post, can anyone explain how? I tried blanking it, but it wouldn't let me leave a post blank...

@Margd
 @MagiksGirl
  Uh... i don't know how to delete a post, can anyone explain how? I tried blanking it, but it wouldn't let me leave a post blank...
Hmmm... I don't know! I just tried it and failed so I'm editing this one!:jaw:

@AbbysMom
 What should we do when we double post by mistake? :paranoid:  Thank you!
It was an honest mistake, so we can let it go and leave it there. It's when people keep doing it that it's an issue. :)

Sooooooo we have very scary thunder and lightning here right now. I don't like that. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.