Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
*hiding before the mods catch up with me for starting a flagging avalanche*

Two words short....
Don't worry!  I can't find mine anyway.  I could have sworn it was at the bottom of page 39 but it's not there!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*hiding before the mods catch up with me for starting a flagging avalanche*

Now I've done it....
Love this first emoji. I am still getting used to the emoji on here and certainly don't have them all figured out just yet. I sometimes just give up searching for the right one.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NewYork1303 NewYork1303 Yeah, that kitten doesn't sound like a Cheery! I love how cats end up choosing their own names :)

I don't know half the emoji on here - I just have a few of them memorised (only way to use them on the mobile site is to know the code) and use them over and over.

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@NewYork1303 Yeah, that kitten doesn't sound like a Cheery! I love how cats end up choosing their own names
@Columbine So true. Although why my first cat was okay with Pinkerton I will never know!

It was funny since Carrot's name was just so perfect for him right away. His shelter name was Barker, but one of his first owners named him something else (we found out since we took him to the same vet that they had randomly and his file popped up when they scanned his microchip). His other owner also had another name for him I think since we have a completely different one in his vet files that the shelter gave us. He never answered to any of the other names for us, but answers to Carrot.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
catladyvettech catladyvettech I can definitely understand why you need more than voice. So many people would have given up by now. Those cats are lucky to have you :nod:
I'd had Sniffles and Guillermo for about a year before I took in Ingvild Solveig who was a 6 month old semi-feral stray. She's a great cat in most ways. Super cuddly, loves to play with me, loves to be held and suckle on sweaters, etc. But she just hates Sniffles. Poor Sniffles is so submissive she'll stop back away from the food when Ingvild Solveig wants to eat and will groom her while she eats. I just don't get it. Ingvild Solveig will even play with the foster kittens I occasionally bring home. She just does not like Sniffles and I don't know why It's so sad.

Ingvild Solveig is like that family member I'm sure we all have. You love them because you have to, but you don't necessarily like them. I just love Sniffles so much that I find it hard to forgive Ingvild Solveig. I'm hoping to move to a bigger house soon so maybe those girls can find some peace amongst themselves. Until then though I'll just keep doing whatever I can. They're both my little girls and I just want them to be happy.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd had Sniffles and Guillermo for about a year before I took in Ingvild Solveig who was a 6 month old semi-feral stray. She's a great cat in most ways. Super cuddly, loves to play with me, loves to be held and suckle on sweaters, etc. But she just hates Sniffles. Poor Sniffles is so submissive she'll stop back away from the food when Ingvild Solveig wants to eat and will groom her while she eats. I just don't get it. Ingvild Solveig will even play with the foster kittens I occasionally bring home. She just does not like Sniffles and I don't know why It's so sad.

Ingvild Solveig is like that family member I'm sure we all have. You love them because you have to, but you don't necessarily like them. I just love Sniffles so much that I find it hard to forgive Ingvild Solveig. I'm hoping to move to a bigger house soon so maybe those girls can find some peace amongst themselves. Until then though I'll just keep doing whatever I can. They're both my little girls and I just want them to be happy.
Wow that does sound hard. I don't think I've ever had cats with that big of personality conflicts. My last cat didn't like other cats, but it was more in a silent disapproving way.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@CatLadyVetTech   Look on the bright side!! At least they can be in the same room??  It's been just about a year and Sinbad and Tempest still have to be separated by a gate at all times. It makes me sad. I feel like Tempest is living in a cage. SHe sits and stares out all the time. 

The only thing that mitigates it slightly for me is knowing that she can come out whenever she wants. Sinbad just wants to play and snuggle with her, but she's terrified of him. 

margd

Veteran
Purraise

@CatLadyVetTech   Look on the bright side!! At least they can be in the same room??  It's been just about a year and Sinbad and Tempest still have to be separated by a gate at all times. It makes me sad. I feel like Tempest is living in a cage. SHe sits and stares out all the time. 

The only thing that mitigates it slightly for me is knowing that she can come out whenever she wants. Sinbad just wants to play and snuggle with her, but she's terrified of him. 
Wow.  A year.  That's a long time.  I guess that's not that rare, though.  I pushed an introduction too fast once and ended up with spray all over my house!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't imagine a year with them still being so estranged. But I know that it is a possibility and does happen to people with cats all of the time.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Wow.  A year.  That's a long time.  I guess that's not that rare, though.  I pushed an introduction too fast once and ended up with spray all over my house!
He wants to snuggle. She does not. He loves playing chase, she does not. And due to his early life, he was a horribly sick little kitten, he never learned how cats communicate with one another.

So he sees her, charges for a cuddle, and when she flees he thinks she's playing chase so he takes off after her. 

They are slowly improving, they actually interact and play now through the gate, which is great progress. I have a giant thread in the behavior forum about it if you want to read the ongoing details. :)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your experiences really bring home just how lucky I've been with Asha and Shadow - Asha arrived at the beginning of March, and they were fully integrated by mid-end of May. They even play together now!

margd

Veteran
Purraise

He wants to snuggle. She does not. He loves playing chase, she does not. And due to his early life, he was a horribly sick little kitten, he never learned how cats communicate with one another.

So he sees her, charges for a cuddle, and when she flees he thinks she's playing chase so he takes off after her. 

They are slowly improving, they actually interact and play now through the gate, which is great progress. I have a giant thread in the behavior forum about it if you want to read the ongoing details. :)
I think I may have read part of your thread but I didn't realize it had been going on for a year.  I'll have to read about it.  I'm glad to hear there has been progress.  They'll get there yet!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
losna losna They really have made fantastic professional so far, though I can understand how frustrating it is for you. It really does show how crucial these first 8 weeks with mum and littermates are. You've overcome so much with Sinbad. They'll definitely work things out eventually :vibes:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they're making progress as we slowly figure out things that increase Tempest's comfort. One thing that we've discovered recently is my husband spends one night a week sleeping in her room with her. She has been far more adventurous since he started doing that, and seems generally much happier all the time.

The kind of comical thing is that Sinbad is so clueless that he now thinks hissing is something you do when you're playing. Since Tempest hisses at him before playing chase. He has started hissing happily at his wand toys when chasing them.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new replacement mesh tent and 2 tunnels have arrived.  Just in the nick of time as my duct tape job was not the best.   Finished setting it up and Eclipse is playing in the boxes!

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh, black kitten and cat pictures.  I love black cats having had at least one most of the time.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The kind of comical thing is that Sinbad is so clueless that he now thinks hissing is something you do when you're playing. Since Tempest hisses at him before playing chase. He has started hissing happily at his wand toys when chasing them.
:lol3: That's hysterical :lol3: You must post a video of it sometime. I'd love to see and hear it :nod:

I don't have many kitten pics on my phone. This is a photo of a photo - my childhood bsh littermates Amber and Jamie
View media item 285156

Status
Not open for further replies.