Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I can post something so you don't double post.  We're having steak w/mushrooms and potatoes for dinner tonight.
Thank you!  I figured out what the problem was and am back to normal now.  Mmmmmm.  Your dinner sounds very good.  Mine was just a Lean Cuisine though it was pretty tasty.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost had one of those for lunch.  Had some of my kids Pizza rolls instead.  It wasn't a wise choice.

@Rhondalee   I'm not sure that was there then.  Emoji just seem to appear.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Used to be that when I went away for a couple of days, I looked forward to crawling back into my own bed. Now I can't wait to get home to my kitties and snuggle and play with them.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Used to be that when I went away for a couple of days, I looked forward to crawling back into my own bed. Now I can't wait to get home to my kitties and snuggle and play with them.
Yes, coming home to kitties is a wonderful homecoming.  I used to have a cat who would pound on the door with both paws as soon as he heard me come in the building.  I would have to race up the stairs to my apartment without taking time to check my mail because it was so loud!  And once inside, he was so thrilled I was home!  I used to so look forward to coming home.
      Yikes!  I just made the cat larger!  Well, I was just going to point out that my cat was a ginger tabby like this cheshire cat. 

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I almost had one of those for lunch.  Had some of my kids Pizza rolls instead.  It wasn't a wise choice.

@Rhondalee
  I'm not sure that was there then.  Emoji just seem to appear.
Oh. I'll have to pay more attention to them. I have to request desktop to use them on my tablet or phone, so I don't use them very often . They are awfully cute though!

I went to visit family for a couple of days. Had a great time, but happy to get home. I'm always uneasy when I leave even though we have a pet sitter. It's like leaving my children with a babysitter.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had to leave mine with a sitter yet.  We went to HI for our 25th anniversary and our kids still live at home.  I drove them crazy asking for photos.  My DD had to sleep in my bed for the cat.  She sent some cute pictures of him crawling under the covers to nip her toes to get her up.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Oh. I'll have to pay more attention to them. I have to request desktop to use them on my tablet or phone, so I don't use them very often . They are awfully cute though!

I went to visit family for a couple of days. Had a great time, but happy to get home. I'm always uneasy when I leave even though we have a pet sitter. It's like leaving my children with a babysitter.
I hate to leave my cats when I go somewhere for a few days because I had a bad experience one time.  Long story short, my cat with kidney disease ended up going 3 days without water.  I think he must have gotten his water out of the toilet.  There was something weird though because for the first day after I got home, he meowed silently.  Very strange, 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I never leave mine for more than a couple of hours. When we just had The Mu I left her over night a few times, but it's impossible now. Very hard to find a cat sitter willing to take care of this many semi-ferals. 

Even if I just go out for a few hours they all rush to the edge of the enclosure to greet me when they hear me coming home. They're even more loving if they see I'm carrying supermarket bags. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds scary.

Sharknado three is on tonight.  My husband is very excited!   I haven't seen any of them yet.  He got the first one as a DVD for Christmas from the kids.

Da Bird's demise was reported prematurely!  I thought the feathers had been broken off, turns out they were just puledl out.  I was able to put him back and birdie is flying once again!

Last edited:

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I never leave mine for more than a couple of hours. When we just had The Mu I left her over night a few times, but it's impossible now. Very hard to find a cat sitter willing to take care of this many semi-ferals. :lol3:

Even if I just go out for a few hours they all rush to the edge of the enclosure to greet me when they hear me coming home. They're even more loving if they see I'm carrying supermarket bags. :bigwink:
I left my three cats alone when I went to LA for three days. My brother popped in once a day to give them cuddles and to watch cable on my big screen TV. Now that I have Fernando things are different. He's my 1 year old cat with a neurological condition called cerebellar hypoplasia. If I go away somewhere I feel confident leaving the "normal" cats at home; but Fernando has to board at my hospital. That way he gets checked on every hour and I know they'll follow all my weird instructions. I couldn't trust a pet sitter (or even my family members) to be as vigilant and gentle and provide the level of care that Fernando needs.

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey all I'm back and finally caught up! Anyone else burning the midnight oil with me? (Or daylight oil if that's your case lol)

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey all I'm back and finally caught up! Anyone else burning the midnight oil with me? (Or daylight oil if that's your case lol)
I am! Well, kinda. Today is the day I stay up for 24+ hours in order to be awake during the daytime tomorrow.(I work graveyard shifts and am normally nocturnal.) I woke up at 8pm Tuesday night, worked 10pm-8am and have been up ever since. It's now 10:15pm so I'm a bit past my 24 hour mark. But what happens if I go to bed? I may miss the #2500 post!!!

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am! Well, kinda. Today is the day I stay up for 24+ hours in order to be awake during the daytime tomorrow.(I work graveyard shifts and am normally nocturnal.) I woke up at 8pm Tuesday night, worked 10pm-8am and have been up ever since. It's now 10:15pm so I'm a bit past my 24 hour mark. But what happens if I go to bed? I may miss the #2500 post!!!
A fellow nocturne? Hooray! I know your pain with sometimes staying up for 24 hours. Especially if I've just got off shift and I don't work that night or have a couple days off, so I want to get a little normal and I stay up all the way until it's a typical bedtime.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A fellow nocturne? Hooray! I know your pain with sometimes staying up for 24 hours. Especially if I've just got off shift and I don't work that night or have a couple days off, so I want to get a little normal and I stay up all the way until it's a typical bedtime.
I'm so glad you understand!!! It's really tough explaining my sleep/awake schedule to people. I've been working graveyard emergency shifts for months now and my parents will still try to call me I'm sleeping!

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you understand!!! It's really tough explaining my sleep/awake schedule to people. I've been working graveyard emergency shifts for months now and my parents will still try to call me I'm sleeping!
I lived for my grandma for about a month when I moved back to my home state and she would always come upstairs and vacuum in the room right next to mine! Bless her heart it IS her house lol

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I lived for my grandma for about a month when I moved back to my home state and she would always come upstairs and vacuum in the room right next to mine! Bless her heart it IS her house lol
I live in the "guest house" in the backyard of a really nice El Salvadorian family and they like to throw crazy parties. It's tough sometimes, but luckily I take sleeping pills and can usually sleep through the madness. :)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My son drives a big rig and prefers to drive at night (less traffic so can drive faster and he gets paid by the mile). I have pretty much given up calling him because I never know when he is sleeping. But he calls me at least once a week, says this is my weekly call to make sure that I am still alive. He will call me during my usual wake hours, mostly before 10 p.m. when he is on some long stretch of road with nothing much going on, no hills or curves or towns to go through and then we talk for an hour or more, and yes he wears a head set. He says he can sleep whenever he has time to do so, it does not matter what time of day or night. I can't do that. I'm a night owl but I still need to get to sleep by midnight or I won't be able to sleep at all. Although I am now retired I still have things to do during the day and the cats want me up by 8 a.m., so if I haven't had any sleep or just a few hours then I'm no good for anything and that just won't do.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh man, I am so full. I just ate a cheeseburger and then had a bowl of ice cream. It was great but ugh. Oh well. It's almost 1:30pm here and I need to go to bed. Gotta be at work at 10pm. Don't reach post #2500 without me!!! I'll check in after I get some sleep. :)
I went to bed after I wrote this post and I swear, I slept like a rock. I didn't even get up once to use the bathroom which is highly unusual for me. Typically I'll get up once or twice in the night, but that night I slept like a log.

Sniffles was laying at the foot of the bed when I climbed on, so I turned myself around in order to lay face to face with her. I was just going to give her a few pets and then put my head on my pillow like a normal person. But the next thing I know it's 7pm and my alarm is going off. I slept upside down for the entire night and didn't wake up once. Maybe that's the secret to a good night's sleep? Maybe cats have got it right this entire time and sleeping at the foot of the bed is really the way to go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.