Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Death March Please  :boohoo:

Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to bid a fond farewell to Da Bird.  He was a good friend always up for a game or two.  Sadly this morning one of his feathers was ripped off by an enthusiastic Eclipse who was determined to take him out in the tunnel.  It did not survive the tug of war to get it back in the house.

View media item 286778

Fluffy still loved Birdie and was playing with it even after the dismemberment.  Sadly he was not up to the task or her sharp teeth.

View media item 286779

He will be missed, at least until his replacement is found.   
And that is why I don't spend over $2.00 on any cat toy. No more batteries or toys small enough to disappear under the oven.

Last edited:

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And that is why I don't spend over $2.00 on any cat toy. No more batteries or toys small enough to disappear under the oven.
Didn't you hear? Da Bird is going to make it! This time... Of all the toys and play things we have for our kitties it seems like a piece of paper to play with is all they really need from life.

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Quote:
This I can understand. I had bought a cat dancer cat charmer toy for Sera sometime before I brought Vincent home. Within a week or two of using it Vincent managed to destroy it with his teeth and thus the toy was dead and unusable and poor little Sera was sad and dreaming of being an only child again.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Quote:

This I can understand. I had bought a cat dancer cat charmer toy for Sera sometime before I brought Vincent home. Within a week or two of using it Vincent managed to destroy it with his teeth and thus the toy was dead and unusable and poor little Sera was sad and dreaming of being an only child again.
LOL! That's pretty funny! Poor Sera! I hope Vincent has been behaving since then. Oops. I need more words.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Yes, coming home to kitties is a wonderful homecoming.  I used to have a cat who would pound on the door with both paws as soon as he heard me come in the building.  I would have to race up the stairs to my apartment without taking time to check my mail because it was so loud!  And once inside, he was so thrilled I was home!  I used to so look forward to coming home.
      Yikes!  I just made the cat larger!  Well, I was just going to point out that my cat was a ginger tabby like this cheshire cat. 

I love it, pawbashing the door down!    Pal used to meow so loud I was embarrassed about what the neighbours could hear but no paw bashing at the door, that's a good one.  
    I can just imagine those big ginger fur fur cuddles you got when the door was finally open.  
   (love how you got the vanishing cat to get so huge LoL).

I went to visit family for a couple of days. Had a great time, but happy to get home. I'm always uneasy when I leave even though we have a pet sitter. It's like leaving my children with a babysitter.
I always worried terribly when I left my cats with house sitters - and it was mostly my mom!  
   Well she isn't really a cat lover so I was never sure how things would go.  Now I'm nore worried that Mouse won't bother to greet me when I come home because he loves my housemate lodgers so much and they love him too.  Come to think of it @Norachan  , they are very keen to experience Japan and one of them wants to learn Japanese so I think this could be the purrfect solution to your kitty care needs!  
    Seriously, I think my friends would love to do that. 

Quote:

That is so sad (but typical).  Poor Seradoes she manage to get some peace now or does Vincent still try to play with her?  

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
We were talking about the zoomies yesterday and Paul just did them for the first time since I adopted him.  
He is big (18 pounds) and kind of clumsy so it was hysterical watching it.  Now he is happily sitting in the window looking at what promises to be a lovely day here.  Chula is sitting up on her back haunches waving her front paws at me to get my attention and all is right in our little world.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Way yo go Paul!  
 How lovely, he must really be settling in.

Mouse had a day of zoomies yesterday: always funny to watch.   As I write here the post has arrived so he has run to the door like a puppy dog to chew what ever arrives.   No chance though as Sara got to it first and she is happily opening the packet in front of him while telling him he is not allowed to chew....  He is looking very forelorn. 

Goodmorning Rhondalee and sleepy Loki.  

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate to leave my cats when I go somewhere for a few days because I had a bad experience one time.  Long story short, my cat with kidney disease ended up going 3 days without water.  I think he must have gotten his water out of the toilet.  There was something weird though because for the first day after I got home, he meowed silently.  Very strange, 
oh my. That's not good. It's a good thing the toilet seat was up. I always leave it up when we leave, just in case something happens. I clean my toilet with just vinegar and baking soda, so I don't have to worry about chemicals. And I feel better knowing they have access to water.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

My emoji's have yet to shift position. I still have to triple scroll down and adjust for this dude which I use all too often -> :sweat:  
maybe they're not shifting positions, but instead adding new emoji's and/or removing some. i'm pretty certain that there have been some added over time.  :think:
To the best of my knowledge, none have been added or deleted in years. The last one to have been added was this one - :rbheart:

my cats and i didn't move very often, but we all disliked moving immensely. when i bought this house, i told myself that this was going to be the last time we moved. i guess 'life' had other plans for us.

i have actually gone through our things here several times in the almost 4 years we've lived here. my general rule is:  if i haven't used something in two years or longer, then i don't need to be keeping it. of course, cookware and bakeware are exceptions to that rule.

edited to add:  ARRRGH! i just double posted yet again!  :anon:
I double posted, too but the mod said genuine mistakes were okay so you are probably fine.

It's OK to have a genuine mistake, but if you are consistently making that mistake it's an issue and not fair to others. :nod:

Well, it looks like we are going to hit 2500 today. :) Everyone will be able to go back to their normal lives. :lol3:

In other news, I did find a few dresses yesterday. :woo:

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Way yo go Paul!  
 How lovely, he must really be settling in.

Mouse had a day of zoomies yesterday: always funny to watch.   As I write here the post has arrived so he has run to the door like a puppy dog to chew what ever arrives.   No chance though as Sara got to it first and she is happily opening the packet in front of him while telling him he is not allowed to chew....  He is looking very forelorn. 

Goodmorning Rhondalee and sleepy Loki.  

Poor Mouse!  I've never had a cat that chewed up the mail but my rainbow cat Wesley used to chew the covers of paperback books.  He would even take them out of bookshelves.   Drove me crazy.
oh my. That's not good. It's a good thing the toilet seat was up. I always leave it up when we leave, just in case something happens. I clean my toilet with just vinegar and baking soda, so I don't have to worry about chemicals. And I feel better knowing they have access to water.
I was really glad I'd left the seat up as I don't always and didn't think about it before I left.  After that I always made it a point to put out extra water and to leave the seat up, just in case.  Fortunately it didn't seem to cause any lasting harm - he lived three years longer, to be 19.  But I was really upset to think of him suffering like that.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning everyone. It's a balmy 71F degrees here in Alabama. I woke up to clouds so it looks like rain today.

I'm surprised the thread hasn't hit 2500 posts yet, not too far to go yet.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Good morning everyone. It's a balmy 71F degrees here in Alabama. I woke up to clouds so it looks like rain today.

Here in Maryland the sky is a clear blue and there is a nice breeze blowing.  Highs supposed to be in the upper 80's, which isn't too bad.  I'm also surprised the thread hasn't hit 2500 but I guess we are all getting tired! 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I think it's like a marathon, the last section is always the hardest! I think we can make it today though? 

Just please, everyone, remember the rules and when it gets to the 2450th post range and beyond, stick to them like crazy!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Mouse?   Don't be fooled in to feeling sorry for the critter, he is a chewy monster in cute fluffy disguise. 
    He chews just about everything in sight.  He seems to have recovered from his earlier disappointment as Sara (foolishly) left the padded envelope sitting on a chair where he can get his fangs on it.... which is what he is doing right now. 

@Margd   It is awful when you feel something bad has happened and no way of finding out what, but it is lovely to know your cat lived for another 3 years; and 19 is a fine age for a cat. 

Good morning kntrygrl256.   I know, I was very surprised but it is getting very close.  I'm not sure we will manage it before I have to go out today but it is amazing how quickly the thread has grown (not to mention how much babble we can come up with). 

margd

Veteran
Purraise
As we get close to 2500, I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me as last time.  My mind went completely blank and I couldn't think of anything worth saying!
   That's my favorite emoji.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi guys 
 I'm struggling to type thanks to a certain black cat asleep on top of me. She revels in making life harder sometimes!

Still far too tired and sick of it 

How's everyone else today?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I think my favourite emoji is 
today.  Don't know why. Or should that be 

It was so nice here this morning but since I got up it has been getting progressively darker and now ti looks like it's going to chuck down rain.  Probably right as I walk out the door to go meet my mom for coffe....   I can see we are heating up in preparation for that 2500 post. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hope it stays dry for you @MServant  

Its pretty overcast here too. Depressing weather. I just hope we're not working up to 

I can't believe this contest is so close to being over. It's been clogging up my email like you would't believe 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.