Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, i love that dancing banana dude!

it's been a very busy day here -- way too busy for one of my 'quiet' days. i'm just starting the process of getting ready to list my house for sale, and buy a new house. not something i really wanted to do, but a necessary thing. so i've been gathering info and making notes, and making a list of related expenses and costs of various necessary things. i won't be listing my current house until next spring, but i like to start doing what i can as early as possible, so there will be less to do coming up/i'll be organized for further into the process.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I'm on a Mac (yes, I finally got my computer 
), and I can find the bananas. I think it just takes a bit of looking. I know I can spend ages searching for an emoji, only to find it was staring me in the face all along
Great!  So you have come over to the Dark Side?  Joined the Mac club? 
   A new computer is always so much fun! 

I did finally find the emoji and like you said, it was staring me in the fact the whole time! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes @Margd   you are correct  The tribe has spoken   is the line used when the torch is put out.  I'm not sure how it would be used here.

I am suspicious that the emoji move around on the page.  Sometimes I can't find the one I want.
I knew it was from Survivor, just couldn't think of what situation that would be appropriate for. It seems a bit negative!

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I knew it was from Survivor, just couldn't think of what situation that would be appropriate for. It seems a bit negative!
Well, that's true.  It is a bit negative now that I think of it.   I guess if we get booted off the babble thread for two many consecutive posts or something. 

i think the emoji shift spots on the list of choices...?
I tried the shift key but it didn't make any difference so now I'm confused .

oh, i love that dancing banana dude!

it's been a very busy day here -- way too busy for one of my 'quiet' days. i'm just starting the process of getting ready to list my house for sale, and buy a new house. not something i really wanted to do, but a necessary thing. so i've been gathering info and making notes, and making a list of related expenses and costs of various necessary things. i won't be listing my current house until next spring, but i like to start doing what i can as early as possible, so there will be less to do coming up/i'll be organized for further into the process.
Gosh you are starting early!  Selling a house is a tremendous pain in the neck though.  And then you have to move.  And unpack.  But then you have a new house! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the emoji on this site. They are very creative. I have always seen the list in the same order, so I am not entirely sure why they would be moving around at all.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Great!  So you have come over to the Dark Side?  Joined the Mac club? 
   A new computer is always so much fun! 

I did finally find the emoji and like you said, it was staring me in the fact the whole time! 
New computers are fun and frustrating in equal measure
 I haven't used a computer regularly for 10 years or more. I'm getting the hang of typing again now though. Its so weird to be on here on a computer instead of a smartphone - I keep forgetting to use capital letters to start sentences (predictive text definitely has its uses). Asha's in a sulk because there's less room on my lap now....and I didn't give her any attention at all yesterday because I was too busy playing with my new toy! 

I'm loving how the thread rules keep getting forgotten. I'm having to re-discipline myself after not coming in here for a couple of days. I'm not even going to try  to catch up 
 - you've all been way  too busy 

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise

New computers are fun and frustrating in equal measure
 I haven't used a computer regularly for 10 years or more. I'm getting the hang of typing again now though. Its so weird to be on here on a computer instead of a smartphone - I keep forgetting to use capital letters to start sentences (predictive text definitely has its uses). Asha's in a sulk because there's less room on my lap now....and I didn't give her any attention at all yesterday because I was too busy playing with my new toy! 

I'm loving how the thread rules keep getting forgotten. I'm having to re-discipline myself after not coming in here for a couple of days. I'm not even going to try  to catch up 
 - you've all been way  too busy 

Poor Asha!  I know Paul and Chula also get their noses out of joint when I am on the computer and don't put it down to play with them when they want.  Poor darlings. 

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Asha's had plenty of entertainment today - a friend of mine brought her cat obsessed daughter and her nephew (who's equally cat mad) over to play with Asha and Shadow. A wonderful time was had by all....and even Leah the labrador joined in the fun 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried the shift key but it didn't make any difference so now I'm confused .

Gosh you are starting early!  Selling a house is a tremendous pain in the neck though.  And then you have to move.  And unpack.  But then you have a new house! 
oh, i didn't mean the shift key. i meant the emoji's seem to switch spots in their list to choose them from, pretty much on a regular basis for me.

i've never sold a house before, this was the first house i'd bought. there's a lot for me to plan, and a heck of a lot of money i need to save for many things -- like the one ceiling in my downstairs bedroom that needs redoing (roof leaked just prior to having the new metal roof put on that part of the house), appraisals (two of them -- one for this house so i'll be able to base my asking price on that, and the other for the new house which i'll have done before i even make an offer), and then the cost of a wood stove plus installation for the new house (because i have raynaud's and must have that good radiant heat during the winters).

yes, it's going to be a very tremendous pain in the neck to sell, and move, and unpack. but i'll unpack in 3 days, like i always have done when i've moved -- done and over with asap. and then the cats and i will have a new house to enjoy. 

margd

Veteran
Purraise
 the black thing is the cat squooshed between the lower bed and the upper springs
View media item 286837  there is hair caught in the springs
What a hiding place!  They do get into some very strange places!  I can see why that would appeal to a cat though.  It's a perfect little nest although you'd think the wires would be uncomfortable!

oh, i didn't mean the shift key. i meant the emoji's seem to switch spots in their list to choose them from, pretty much on a regular basis for me.

i've never sold a house before, this was the first house i'd bought. there's a lot for me to plan, and a heck of a lot of money i need to save for many things -- like the one ceiling in my downstairs bedroom that needs redoing (roof leaked just prior to having the new metal roof put on that part of the house), appraisals (two of them -- one for this house so i'll be able to base my asking price on that, and the other for the new house which i'll have done before i even make an offer), and then the cost of a wood stove plus installation for the new house (because i have raynaud's and must have that good radiant heat during the winters).

yes, it's going to be a very tremendous pain in the neck to sell, and move, and unpack. but i'll unpack in 3 days, like i always have done when i've moved -- done and over with asap. and then the cats and i will have a new house to enjoy. 
Now I understand!
  I have thought a couple of times that mine shifted but was never quite sure.  I've been watching them though this last few posts and they seem to be stationary.

Raynaud's syndrome is a bear.  I used to suffer from that but it cleared up when I grew older.  But....my sympathies.  A good wood stove will be just the ticket.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I understand!
  I have thought a couple of times that mine shifted but was never quite sure.  I've been watching them though this last few posts and they seem to be stationary.
Raynaud's syndrome is a bear.  I used to suffer from that but it cleared up when I grew older.  But....my sympathies.  A good wood stove will be just the ticket.
i almost think maybe the emoji's shift based on how often they're used, shifting a regular basis depending on which have been used the most.

my raynaud's was diagnosed about 10 years ago, and has progressed every so often over the years. i wish mine would clear up! i have a wood stove in this house (i had one installed), and will make sure i have one in the new house.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We moved 3 times in 2 years when we came to California.  We've been in a house the last 3 years and i still haven't unpacked everything.   I swear some things just vanished!  I know I should start tossing things in the trash at this point but our can is so small.  Maybe I'll figure out how to get to the dump and make a trip.  I never want to move again.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

We moved 3 times in 2 years when we came to California.  We've been in a house the last 3 years and i still haven't unpacked everything.   I swear some things just vanished!  I know I should start tossing things in the trash at this point but our can is so small.  Maybe I'll figure out how to get to the dump and make a trip.  I never want to move again.
Moving.  Bah.  I hate it.  I used to love it when I was younger - all the excitement of a new place was such an adventure.  But I never moved 3 times in two years.  How awful!!!!    Re: dump run....  Perhaps your county or city will take it away for you?  Where I used to live, we got two so called "Special Pick-Ups" per year where the county would take practically everything.  Anything they weren't supposed to take you could tip the garbage men and they would take it for you anyway.
It is such a lovely day out here in Seattle. And this is my second time being on the site with the phone.
We're having great weather in Maryland, too.  It's kind of astonishing actually considering it's July and usually like living inside an exhaust pipe.  

Status
Not open for further replies.