Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitties come to me making a high pitched nasal "babies!" and momma will com for the same voice for "Gato!". They must think it means "food" because they run to their feeding are and stay sit and expect food 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carrot learned his name when he was an only cat because that was what we always referred to him as while petting him, taking him for walks, playing with him, and feeding him. He seems to recognize that Angua's name is hers since he looks to her when we say it. I am unsure how he worked that out though.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Our rainbow cat would only answer to her name when it was very convenient for her. Carrot on the other hand will come running when we call, but expects a treat for it.
Lilith and Sophie (aka Saurus) both know their names. Wen I call their names, they look at me like, "WHAT do you want?Can you NOT see that I'm looking out the window?" 

IF I have food, they will come over to see what I have (and in Lily's case, demand some) but not because I called them. So either of them will respond by turning their head to look at me when I call their name but they don't come over. 

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, I have some exciting news! I'm now fostering a little 4 week old kitten! Someone brought him into my work last night. Apparently they had found three kittens, one of whom had already died. Another one was so sick the doctor on duty last night euthanized it. My little guy was the runt of the litter...half the size of his brothers! He has epic diarrhea and is so scrawny the doctor was going to euthanize him too, but I said I'd take him home and give him a chance. He's so cuddly and he's eating really well (bottle feeding + mushy wet food). I'm calling him Huey Lewis because I'm going to see Huey Lewis and The News in concert next week. :)

Please send happy thoughts for this little guy!

View media item 286810

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, I have some exciting news! I'm now fostering a little 4 week old kitten! Someone brought him into my work last night. Apparently they had found three kittens, one of whom had already died. Another one was so sick the doctor on duty last night euthanized it. My little guy was the runt of the litter...half the size of his brothers! He has epic diarrhea and is so scrawny the doctor was going to euthanize him too, but I said I'd take him home and give him a chance. He's so cuddly and he's eating really well (bottle feeding + mushy wet food). I'm calling him Huey Lewis because I'm going to see Huey Lewis and The News in concert next week. :)

Please send happy thoughts for this little guy!

View media item 286810
My heart! This little guy found it! Thank you for saving him. Glad he's eating for you and I hope he continues to recover! :vibes::vibes::vibes:

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG! He's so cuuuute! Thank you for rescuing him! Just look at those big eyes and tiny paws! 
 Wishing him the best of a life! 

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everyone! He's such a love. He sleeps pretty much all the time until I wake him up for feedings. He's even using a tiny litter box all by himself! He's grooming himself too, and by the number of teeth he has I'm guessing he may be older than 4 weeks. Especially when I take into account how big his litter mates were. It seems odd to me that the runt of that litter should be the only one that's alive and doing well, but who knows. He's a good little biscuit and I look forward to fattening him up over the next few weeks. :)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh he is so cute!!!  Thank you for giving him a chance!!   
 that he has a long, happy and healthy life with you. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, he's just adorable.  Poor baby.  I wonder what his story is?  What a little sweetheart.  It's so wonderful of you to take him in.  You'll have to keep us updated as to how he does.  Vibes for a full recovery!

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really excited to finally go home. I am going to go see Wicked tonight in Seattle. It is going to be so awesome. I just can't wait.

For some reason now I just have an urge to use this banana everywhere.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I am really excited to finally go home. I am going to go see Wicked tonight in Seattle. It is going to be so awesome. I just can't wait.

For some reason now I just have an urge to use this banana everywhere.
For some reason I thought you were in California.  Have a great time tonight!

I like that banana guy too.  Unfortunately I can't find him.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Margd His code is :banana2: so colon banana2 colon if that makes him pop up. I just find him in the emoji though. He is close to this guy.

And some more bananas.

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Nope.  I don't have that one.  In fact, I don't have the other one you showed that he's next to.  And I don't have the banana walking.  When I try the code, I just get :banana2: but I don't actually get the banana, although there might be something I'm doing wrong there.  I wonder if it's because I'm on a Mac.  I have most of the ones that usually show up.  Here's one I like that doesn't show up nearly enough though: 
  Hurray for black cats!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. That is so weird. I would have thought that the emoji on the site stayed the same from platform to platform. I like this one, but I don't know what anyone is supposed to use it for.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Huh. That is so weird. I would have thought that the emoji on the site stayed the same from platform to platform. I like this one, but I don't know what anyone is supposed to use it for.
It took me 3 times but I finally found it.  Duh!  I think the emoji you like is supposed to be from Survivor.  I've never watched it all the way through but have seen bits and pieces and the emoji shows a "tribe" member having his torch put out after he is voted off the show.  Now to find that banana guy again!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm on a Mac (yes, I finally got my computer 
), and I can find the bananas. I think it just takes a bit of looking. I know I can spend ages searching for an emoji, only to find it was staring me in the face all along

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes @Margd   you are correct  The tribe has spoken   is the line used when the torch is put out.  I'm not sure how it would be used here.

I am suspicious that the emoji move around on the page.  Sometimes I can't find the one I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.