Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys!
sorry for the lateness. I am not having a good day.. really bad shoulder pain which began last night and all day today. Also allergies are really bad. Just not feeling well. I will be brief.

Artie pooped 10 inches. It is dark and a bit harder with this new food. I have to get the appropriate doses of miralax and lactulose, so he does not get stuck.

He is cutting back on the ravenous appetite. He is eating 1, 6oz can per day along with about 1/3 cup of dry food at night.

Artie has left me alone today..

I did call in and asked the Rvet to put another 6 cans of food aside for me. They get their orders on Thursdays.. if this food continues, I may order a case next week... but I am playing nit by ear..

I am going to go, and just cruise the web... no more posting..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys!
sorry for the lateness. I am not having a good day.. really bad shoulder pain which began last night and all day today. Also allergies are really bad. Just not feeling well. I will be brief.

Artie pooped 10 inches. It is dark and a bit harder with this new food. I have to get the appropriate doses of miralax and lactulose, so he does not get stuck.

He is cutting back on the ravenous appetite. He is eating 1, 6oz can per day along with about 1/3 cup of dry food at night.

Artie has left me alone today..

I did call in and asked the Rvet to put another 6 cans of food aside for me. They get their orders on Thursdays.. if this food continues, I may order a case next week... but I am playing nit by ear..

I am going to go, and just cruise the web... no more posting..
*EXCELLENT NEWS!* about Artie! You go, sweet boy!!!:winkcat:
So sorry to hear you aren't feeling 100%. I know all about shoulder pain from having a messed-up rotator cuff. When it's good, it's okay. When it's bad, it's excruciating. *PRAYERS* for better to come. HAGE, both of you!:D:cutecat:

katlady-18

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Usually when kitties start on a new food they like, they'll eat quite a bit of it, almost like they can't get enough. Then as the novelty wears off they'll scale back a bit. It's okay, as long as he's eating. :jive:

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Rest up. Short updates are fine. :kiss:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Todays update.. again another quickie!!

My shoulder is much better, after icing it and taking a few Arthritis Strength Tylenol.
and not wearing a bra all day, yesterday.

Artie was staying away from me all day. It was the evening, when I picked him up, putting him on my lap. I told him that I did not feel well, that I had a boo-boo, and that I needed him.

Artie stayed on my lap all night! and he followed me to bed, staying cuddled up against me most of the night! I love my little boy!

Yesterday, Artie ate 1, 6 oz can plus 1/3 cup of dry. That seems to be his routine. I am not allowing him to be free fed. I put food down for him every 3 hours or so. Whatever he does not eat, goes back in the can for next time. I pick the dish up and wash it. --new tactic.

Artie pooped 13 inches yesterday, in two installments. His stool is dryer, with this food.
I need to get the appropriate mix of lactulose and miralax in him.

He has not pooped today....

I am going off because I want to update my operating system. I is overdue for an update.--- also my phone will be updated tonight..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Todays update.. again another quickie!!

My shoulder is much better, after icing it and taking a few Arthritis Strength Tylenol.
and not wearing a bra all day, yesterday.

Artie was staying away from me all day. It was the evening, when I picked him up, putting him on my lap. I told him that I did not feel well, that I had a boo-boo, and that I needed him.

Artie stayed on my lap all night! and he followed me to bed, staying cuddled up against me most of the night! I love my little boy!

Yesterday, Artie ate 1, 6 oz can plus 1/3 cup of dry. That seems to be his routine. I am not allowing him to be free fed. I put food down for him every 3 hours or so. Whatever he does not eat, goes back in the can for next time. I pick the dish up and wash it. --new tactic.

Artie pooped 13 inches yesterday, in two installments. His stool is dryer, with this food.
I need to get the appropriate mix of lactulose and miralax in him.

He has not pooped today....

I am going off because I want to update my operating system. I is overdue for an update.--- also my phone will be updated tonight..
Excellent report all the way around! So glad to hear you are feeling better, Artie's systems are all working very well, he has enthusiasm for his food, and you're getting updates! May those go smoothly with no glitches, just like Artie ;):cutecat:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for Artie! Poop is always welcome news with Sir Artie. Hopefully his appetite will increase. I'm dealing with the same thing with my two year old female tuxedo, Thirteen, who suffers from bouts of pancreatitis. It's so incredibly frustrating when they turn their little cat noses up at EVERYTHING.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for Artie! Poop is always welcome news with Sir Artie. Hopefully his appetite will increase. I'm dealing with the same thing with my two year old female tuxedo, Thirteen, who suffers from bouts of pancreatitis. It's so incredibly frustrating when they turn their little cat noses up at EVERYTHING.
Mine go on foodstrike when it's hot. We applaud every finished bowl of food, don't we?;):devilcat:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

So happy to hear your shoulder is better after icing it and taking the Arthritis Strength Tylenol. :clap2: I'm sure it helps brighten your mood a bit too.

Awwww, lovable Artie, he's such a cuddle bug and comfort to you. That's why we love him so much too! :itslove:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
another quick update:
Artie ate the one 6 oz can during the day and almost a 1/2 cup during the night.
He mostly licked at the juice of the food this morning.

Artie left me alone yesterday... He was terrible medicating. I think I got in a partial dose of the cisapride, because he moved his head. Half a dose in his mouth the other half on the side of his face.. hopefully, he licked it off.

Also, had a bad experience with the lactulose yesterday. Artie would not swallow the first part of the dose. He kept it in his mouth, leaking out between his teeth. I had to keep opening his mouth, wiping his teeth, wiping his mouth.. before I gave him the rest of the dose.. At this point, he arched his head back so far, that he closed off his esophagus, and the dose was aspirated!! I felt horrible!! He was coughing up a blue streak!!! I kept patting him, trying for him to cough it up... it was wild....and scary for me... He was ok after a while, but it was frightening.

I also had to follow him around, looking at the puddles from where he tried spitting up the lactulose.. sigh...

not a good day...

Artie pooped only 4 x 1 inch... not enough, that is why I tried to double the dose of lactulose..

today, I am going to give it in 2 doses.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear Artie did not have a good day yesterday which translates to you not having a good day as well. I am thankful to hear he ate well and sincerely hope he is a bit better with his meds today. :crossfingers:

Any plans for the weekend? It might be a good idea to go out and do something special for yourself other than errands. It doesn't have to be anything monumental or expensive, even the little things we do for ourself can help. If I lived closer I'd stop by and take you out for a nice pick-me-up. But since I'm too far away you'll have to settle for a big hug. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.