Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to give a quick update-- famous last words!---Ha :p

Artie is ok.. Poops yesterday and this morning. He did not eat much dry food last night.
I had left a couple dishes of leftover wet food for him, so the dry food was not as enticing to him. Hope that does not mess up his poops... oh well..

Artie had a case of the zoomies at 4AM!!! :hyper:

I got up at 5am, because I have a mid morning appointment. Want to devote as much time as I can to Artie's morning routine.. and mine, also..

Artie has been so clingy, at night. It is very strange.. and it has been going on for a while..
He is so sweet.. he follows me into bed, every night. My bed, is his bed.. he has to be touching me, no matter what position I am in. If I am too restless, he will just stay in the lower corner of my bed, but still be there with me. In fact, I think he is back to my bed, now..

Artie really seems to understand the word, MaMa.. never have used that before the past couple weeks.. but he seems to understand that means to come over and lie on my lap, in the recliner.

As soon as I move a bit, he is off my lap.. only to follow me to bed.. sweet boy..

He is not wanting to play much at all. I do brush him, but he is not into playing..
not interested. He still talks to me.. we do have our conversations.

He looks so skinny.. skinnier than ever.. sigh.. He is down to 10.1 lbs.. from the usual
10.3 lbs.

The lump on his neck is enlarging. I check it daily. Artie is tired of me doing so.
I have found a couple of tiny scratches on it.. sigh.. it is about 2 cm in diameter.. right along the collar line.

About time to give him his steroid, get brushed.. and me to get my butt in gear..

Just very exhausted.. throat is a bit scratchy.. hopefully it is from the weather.. It has been spring, on Sunday.. Yesterday, was back to cold. Today and tomorrow will be spring again.. and then cold and perhaps some snow during the week-end.. crazy weather.
Saw a fly on my window screen, Sunday...

Gotta go...:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: get hyper!!!
*HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to you and Artie! Sounds like you have your Valentine, like I have mine (big blue/cream Elvis) :redheartpump::bouquet::redcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not a scratch.. It is a 'beauty mark".. he has several on his lips, always has..
Red, yellow,pink, beige, and buff cats often have these on their lips and noses, and they often get more as they grow older, just like lions' noses grow darker as they age. My angel Nicolas had these, too.
IMG_1611.JPG
*And yes, that's a snaggle tooth!*

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Tom had the same marks on his lips and inside his mouth.
I never knew his precise age, nor did he get old enough for me to see any changing in those marks :(
I am sorry to read that, Antonio65 Antonio65 but I know his time with you was a time when he was much loved and well cared for, which is the most important of all.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Red, yellow,pink, beige, and buff cats often have these on their lips and noses, and they often get more as they grow older, just like lions' noses grow darker as they age. My angel Nicolas had these, too. View attachment 218926 *And yes, that's a snaggle tooth!*
Makes me think of freckles in people with light complexions and natural redheads.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Artie would love to have a visitor, such as Hekitty! anytime.. and sharing her shrimp treats would be an added bit of fun...

Yesterday, Artie ate a lot of wet food; not much dry. He pooped about 6 inches. He had 3 fur ball chicken treats (Purina, but smelt like bacon--yuck)..and about 9 Meow Mix Party treats. He was a happy camper.

Today, He ate 1/2 can of food this morning; and a bit of the 1/2 packs.
He pooped a bit; only 4 inches.. and it was narrow, and soft. He is ok.. He is sleeping a lot..

Artie is really demanding to be brushed. He looks forward to it daily. Yup, as soon as I get up from my morning breakfast, coffee stuff; He goes right into his 'room' where he jumps up, onto his smaller cat tree--our brushing station. Artie is so good. I give him his steroid, and water.. He waits patiently for me to get his slicker brush.. and we brush.. and love.. purring, the entire time; until he has enough of brushing.. Then it is a quick try at playtime!!

Today, he is refusing all his treats.. even the bacon smelling ones.. wonder why?
He has eaten pretty well; perhaps his tummy is full?

Currently, he curled up in his quilt/tent...napping..sweet boy

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Artie would love to have a visitor, such as Hekitty! anytime.. and sharing her shrimp treats would be an added bit of fun...

Yesterday, Artie ate a lot of wet food; not much dry. He pooped about 6 inches. He had 3 fur ball chicken treats (Purina, but smelt like bacon--yuck)..and about 9 Meow Mix Party treats. He was a happy camper.

Today, He ate 1/2 can of food this morning; and a bit of the 1/2 packs.
He pooped a bit; only 4 inches.. and it was narrow, and soft. He is ok.. He is sleeping a lot..

Artie is really demanding to be brushed. He looks forward to it daily. Yup, as soon as I get up from my morning breakfast, coffee stuff; He goes right into his 'room' where he jumps up, onto his smaller cat tree--our brushing station. Artie is so good. I give him his steroid, and water.. He waits patiently for me to get his slicker brush.. and we brush.. and love.. purring, the entire time; until he has enough of brushing.. Then it is a quick try at playtime!!

Today, he is refusing all his treats.. even the bacon smelling ones.. wonder why?
He has eaten pretty well; perhaps his tummy is full?

Currently, he curled up in his quilt/tent...napping..sweet boy
Sounds like Artie is having quite a nice day! What a beloved boy he is. :redheartpump::redcat::redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.