Any Stomatitis Advice?

laurcapp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is a year old and was recently diagnosed with stomatitis. It’s not bad, some inflammation in the gums but no sores in his mouth. He eats regularly, grooms fine, no visible pain as far as I know; although I’m sure it’s not comfortable for him. The vet gave me an oral gel and a water additive to help with the swelling and plaque build up. I also use gauze to clean his molars often. It has definitely been working but his poor gums are still a little swollen. The vet doesn’t want to remove any teeth at such a young age and next steps are possibly steroids and some antibiotics. I’m wondering if anyone has found any at home remedies that work?? I want to make sure my kitty is happy and healthy and I’ve had a pet with all of his teeth removed (an old Pomeranian with Cushings disease) and I’m trying to prevent that again! Any advice is appreciated

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you came here for advice and support. I'm sorry your young cat was recently diagnosed with stomatitis. Here is an Article that may be helpful for you:
Gingivitis And Stomatitis In Cats

And another about cat dental health care:
What Tcs Members Use: Cat Dental Health Care

I think you are wise to be proactive and use preventative measures while he's still young. Good luck! :goodluck: