Anxious about new cat - any advice??

nuit

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
Make sure he gallery of water. Anesthesia causes diarrhea too. I'm sure it's stress. Poor little boy!. He'll come around, he just needs to get over all this and he'll be fine. It just takes time....
Ok thanks! Yes he has access to lots of fresh water and seems to be drinking quite a bit. And his appetite is good.

I forgot to mention he had to have liquid pain medication for a few days after the surgery too - yesterday was his last dose. So maybe that messed up his system as well.

Hopefully it will resolve soon... he is a challenging case but you are giving me hope!

nuit

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
Update - it turns out the diarrhea was from the food not stress. My vet put him on a probiotic powder and some digestive care food and he has been pooping normally ever since!

Now I think his gastro issues must be why he was surrendered by the previous owner. His pooping outside the box when he got to my house was probably just a cry for help!

Anyway lucky me :) We are doing MUCH better now. He is all settled in and is the happiest little guy!