All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now reading "Chapterhouse: Dune." This is the last of the six (out of twenty-four) Dune books actually written by Frank Herbert. There are two more in the series.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
AAAAAAAAND...finished "Chapterhouse: Dune," and am reading "Hunters of Dune." This will go more slowly. I got my new phone charger, so there will be periods of playing Sudoku, Solitaire, working jigsaw puzzles, and doing color by numbers...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Still reading "Hunters of Dune." I should finish it tonight. Then on to "Sandworms of Dune," the last of the series. I can't buy any new books between now and Christmas, so I'm considering re-reading the Miss Fortune series YET AGAIN!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't buy any new books between now and Christmas, so I'm considering re-reading the Miss Fortune series YET AGAIN!
I know you enjoy them, but if you want something new, or different, don't forget you can read classics and other out of copyright books for free at Project Gutenberg. Project Gutenberg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am reading Funny Farm: My Unexpected Life with 600 Rescue Animals by Laurie Zaleski. It's a warm and inspiring story of a graphic artist on her childhood and her relationship with her mother. She ends each chapter with an Animal Tail. It's sometimes laugh-out-loud funny and a very good read for all animal lovers.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I have left the Duniverse now. LOVED the last book, and I did not expect to do so. Lots of unexpected twists and turns, and a really wonderful ending and epilogue. There are actually three more books that I have not read, very new, about Duke Leto Atredies, his Bene Gesserit concubine, Jessica, and Paul Atredies, filling in some bio about them Waiting for those to be available in mass market paperback, and a bit more affordable. I have now lived in the Duniverse for 15.000 years. I'm ready for something new, so....

I'm re-reading Laura Childs' Cackleberry Club series. I must check and see if there are any new ones. Fun, good mysteries, and wonderful recipes at the end of each book. What's not to like! The first book is "Eggs in Purgatory," which is actually the name of one of the recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.